Thread: Important Sun Belt Softball Series Wednesday!

UL Softball Important Sun Belt Softball Series Wednesday!

At 5 p.m. on Wednesday, the Lady Cajuns will face the 2007 Conference Champions, Florida Atlantic. It is an important game. It is the first time Florida Atlantic comes to play here. It is important to WOW them with a full house of fans in the stands.

FAU's Sunbelt record is 10-3, the Cajun's is 9-2. This game is crucial. It will most likely determine the Conference Champions. As fans, we can help by being there. The Lady Cajuns feed off the fans.

There will be a double header on Wednesday and a game at 5 on Thursday. Make an effort to be there. Your presence would be greatly appreciated.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Important Sun Belt Softball Series Wednesday!

Quote Originally Posted by LuLu View Post
    _ At 5 p.m. on Wednesday, the Lady Cajuns will face the 2007 Conference Champions, Florida Atlantic. It is an important game. It is the first time Florida Atlantic comes to play here. It is important to WOW them with a full house of fans in the stands.

FAU's Sunbelt record is 10-3, the Cajun's is 9-2. This game is crucial. It will most likely determine the Conference Champions. As fans, we can help by being there. The Lady Cajuns feed off the fans.

There will be a double header on Wednesday and a game at 5 on Thursday. Make an effort to be there. Your presence would be greatly appreciated. _
    Did they move this game to a mid-week solely because of the game v. USA this weekend? I know they moved our WKU series to the mid-week because of the Judi Garman Classic, but that we were the traveling team. I'm curious if FAU had to be put up to this, or if this is just part of a long road swing for them and it all works out (and I checked, and they are.playing us wed/thu and ULM on sat/sun).

So I guess I answered my own question.

UL Softball Re: Important Sun Belt Softball Series Wednesday!

As far as I know, we have three mid week SunBelt series. They were because of both the California trip and the USA game on Saturday and schedules that had to be re arranged. I would think FAU was not unhappy since they are going to play ULM this weekend and the cost of travel will be less. BUT, I am not sure North Texas won't be unhappy with the change. North Texas comes in next week, April 23 and 24. Their games, however will be in the early afternoon, like one and two o'clock.

The FAU games are late afternoon, Wednesday at 5 and 7 and Thursday at 5. On the radio today, I heard Coach Stefni Lotief say that since the games were beginning later she hoped that people could come after work. She said she was hoping that scheduling the games for a later start would allow more fans to come to the games.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Important Sun Belt Softball Series Wednesday!

It'd be kinda nice if they could run internet video feed for the ladies this week since it's probably the biggest Conference series of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by LuLu View Post
    _ At 5 p.m. on Wednesday, the Lady Cajuns will face the 2007 Conference Champions, Florida Atlantic. It is an important game. It is the first time Florida Atlantic comes to play here. It is important to WOW them with a full house of fans in the stands.

There will be a double header on Wednesday and a game at 5 on Thursday. Make an effort to be there. Your presence would be greatly appreciated. _
    As I've mentioned in a previous post, these games, the games at Houston and the games at Troy are the crucial games left. We need the conference wins to reassert our dominance of the conference, and the Houston DH for rpi points. It's good to see Lana Bowers providing offensive support behind Holly and the offense scoring runs. They are peaking at the right time and looking like they could have a very nice post season run.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    As I've mentioned in a previous post, these games, the games at Houston and the games at Troy are the crucial games left. We need the conference wins to reassert our dominance of the conference, and the Houston DH for rpi points. It's good to see Lana Bowers providing offensive support behind Holly and the offense scoring runs. They are peaking at the right time and looking like they could have a very nice post season run.
    You are so correct in your assessments, but are they "peaking" too early? Also, don't forget Vanessa Soto's impact on this team. She is a clutch player and we are lucky to have her. The four speedy slappers are exciting to watch. I believe Coach Mike has changed his philosophy about 'small ball'. IMHO, this is a good thing!

Here is the latest softball blog. Infielder, Vanessa Soto tells how important FAU series is to the team.

http://www.ragincajuns.com/ViewArtic.ATCLID=1441096

No, I don't think they're peaking too early, this is really the time to be making a strong stretch run. When they get to the conference tournament, they will fine tune the things they need to work on to have a successful post season run.
    Don't kid yourself. Mike would rather have a team of power hitters, but these "slappers" were just too good to not recruit. The trick for him and Stefni is to place them in the lineup where they can cause the most damage to the opponents. Remember that slappers are disrupters, they keep the opponents off balance. They're the table setters, the ones designed to get on base so the "gappers" can bring them in. Of the four Karli has the most power and can do a gapper every now and then. They are fun to watch and it'll be interesting to see what they do as they progress.

9. Default Re: Important Sun Belt Softball Series Wednesday!

UL - No. 17 Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns softball team is set to square off in a crucial three-game Sun Belt Conference series beginning Wednesday at Alfred and Helen Lamson Ragin’ Cajuns Softball Park. The Cajuns (31-10, 9-2 SBC), currently first in the conference standings, are set to take on defending Sun Belt Conference Champions Florida Atlantic (28-19, 10-3 SBC).

The rest of the story

Thread Information