Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana vs. WKU

UL Basketball Louisiana vs. WKU

The Sun Belt Conference announced today that the Western Kentucky at Louisiana men's basketball game scheduled for Saturday, January 25 has been selected to be broadcast on ESPN or ESPN2. Tipoff for the game is scheduled for 3 p.m.

http://www.sunbeltsports.org/SPORTS/xlFetvjT.dpuf

Seaux pack the dome.

I'm going to be in attendance, but I will be paying for AND bringing one more of my buddies whom WILL BE wearing red. Let's not pack Cajundome with idiots in non-UL gear. Don't be that guy. Be better than the gap.

Last edited by ULalum06; January 9th, 2014 at 03:56 pm. Reason: #____belt

Default Re: Louisiana vs. WKU

Wow that is awesome

This game is on a weekend when several football recruits will be visiting the campus. We need as many of you casual basketball-strong football guys to attend as possible for this game. Doing so will make a favorable impression on the football recruits. Also, we don't want to show an empty CajunDome to the nation on ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    This game is on a weekend when several football recruits will be visiting the campus. We need as many of you casual basketball-strong football guys to attend as possible for this game. Doing so will make a favorable impression on the football recruits. Also, we don't want to show an empty CajunDome to the nation on ESPN.
    will not be there but the 4 tickets will be used

Also, from the release:

The game between Louisiana and WKU is being promoted as a "White Out" game with the first 1,000 UL students receiving a t-shirt, compliments of 103.7 The Game and Pepsi. The three-time R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl champion Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns football team, led by head coach Mark Hudspeth, will also be honored during the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Also, we don't want to show an empty CajunDome to the nation on ESPN.
    We should all sit behind the bench!

Nice!

Okay. I may end my personal boycott of basketball to attend this game. It hurts not to be there. I loved Coach Marlin until he pulled the scholarship offer from the Gatorade player of the year in Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouRichard View Post
    Okay. I may end my personal boycott of basketball to attend this game. It hurts not to be there. I loved Coach Marlin until he pulled the scholarship offer from the Gatorade player of the year in Louisiana.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    ?
    Best player to come out of STM. Currently having a heck of a senior year. I have no dog in the hunt, but have been to 6 of their games just to watch him play. Awesome 3 point shooter, drives to the basket and scores well. Did I mention his free throws are mostly automatic.

Best player to come out of STM. Currently having a heck of a senior year. I have no dog in the hunt, but have been to 6 of their games just to watch him play. Awesome 3 point shooter, drives to the basket and scores well. Did I mention his free throws are mostly automatic.
    You forgot to mention that he didn't want to play for the Cajuns. I am no fan of marlin but you have to be fair. Touchet wanted to play for Tim Floyd.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    You forgot to mention that he didn't want to play for the Cajuns. I am no fan of marlin but you have to be fair. Touchet wanted to play for Tim Floyd.
    Yes only after the offer was pulled. He was ready to sign according to his dad. It's all done anyways. We could have had him.

Yes only after the offer was pulled. He was ready to sign according to his dad. It's all done anyways. We could have had him.
    I have no idea about what happened with him.
    If he really wanted to play here, why didnt he commit when we offered him to begin with

We were the first ones to offer the kid early in his junior year. We only pulled the offer right before fall signing period because the family would not make a decision. We held a scholarship for him for nearly 15 months.

The good news for Trey is that he will have a chance to start at UTEP since they just dismissed three guards the NCAA and FBI were investigating. I do wish the kid the best of luck and think he is a great player.

15. Default Re: Louisiana vs. WKU

JUst wondering--who is the better 3 point shooter ??? He or Register??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information