Thread: The second season

1. Default The second season

After a good round of non-conference play in 2013, the UL men’s basketball team hopes that 2014 will be just as successful as the last part of 2013 was.

The Ragin’ Cajuns have won four of their last five games and seven of their last nine as they open Sun Belt Conference play today against ULM.

Default Re: The second season

Apparently this is not on the radar in Monroe. Here is the Sports headlines on today's (Gameday) newstar wedsite. There is nothing about the Hoax but as usual LowTech is featured. Maybe that's how they git into CUSA. We thought they claimed the Shreveport market when the reality is LowTech owns the Monroe market:

SportsSEE MORE SPORTS

Jones re-upps with Alabama
    Jan. 4, 2014
    In the end, following weeks of speculation, Neville defensive back Laurence 'Hootie' Jones reaffirmed his original commitment and is headed to …

River Oaks gets past Tallulah
    GSU limps into SWAC opener
    Non-conference slate winding down for Tech
    Raiders pound Rebels
    SEE MORE Sports

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Apparently this is not on the radar in Monroe. Here is the Sports headlines on today's (Gameday) newstar wedsite. There is nothing about the Hoax but as usual LowTech is featured. Maybe that's how they git into CUSA. We thought they claimed the Shreveport market when the reality is LowTech owns the Monroe market:

SportsSEE MORE SPORTS

Jones re-upps with Alabama
    Jan. 4, 2014
    In the end, following weeks of speculation, Neville defensive back Laurence 'Hootie' Jones reaffirmed his original commitment and is headed to …

River Oaks gets past Tallulah
    GSU limps into SWAC opener
    Non-conference slate winding down for Tech
    Raiders pound Rebels
    SEE MORE Sports
    Maybe Tabby cat hasnt climbed out of her hole yet???

Z

This is an important game. After having the best start in 20 years, winning our first conference game would add an exclamation point to that. Need to beat the Warchickens!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Maybe Tabby cat hasnt climbed out of her hole yet???

Z
    Even when you click on "See More Sports" there is nothing in the list of available stories. I have noticed a tendency at the News Star to ignore stories about UL unless it is bad news (i.e. a loss, negative audit results, etc).

6. Default Re: The second season

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Even when you click on "See More Sports" there is nothing in the list of available stories. I have noticed a tendency at the News Star to ignore stories about UL unless it is bad news (i.e. a loss, negative audit results, etc).
    ---AW no not in Monroe, or Lake Charles and maybe a little NO and even BR----In fact I think that there is no doubt that these papers are anti UL---I am more familiar with the LC American press because of my visits to see Terri's aging parents but remember the shock of a UL article this past year for the first time ever!!! I don't know why these guys at all these papers are not visited by our AD/SID to try and build better relationships---Admittedly I visit the A-Ville paper to try and keep things going on course as we had a pass problem for a while-----What we need and I have spoken to administrators about this is a liaison in every parish to just check on UL things and help facilitate recruiting of all students to UL---Also we need a UL rep in every HS and those with more UL alumns can even have clubs---I know how teachers can influence future college choices!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---AW no not in Monroe, or Lake Charles and maybe a little NO and even BR----In fact I think that there is no doubt that these papers are anti UL---I am more familiar with the LC American press because of my visits to see Terri's aging parents but remember the shock of a UL article this past year for the first time ever!!! I don't know why these guys at all these papers are not visited by our AD/SID to try and build better relationships---Admittedly I visit the A-Ville paper to try and keep things going on course as we had a pass problem for a while-----What we need and I have spoken to administrators about this is a liaison in every parish to just check on UL things and help facilitate recruiting of all students to UL---Also we need a UL rep in every HS and those with more UL alumns can even have clubs---I know how teachers can influence future college choices!!!
    Boomer, most of these sports writers are grads of other schools such as mcneese, tech, etc and, unlike a professional like Dan McDonald, they maintain their partisan butthurt all these tears later. I'll never forget the articlein the LC American Press a couple of years back just before the last game here against the Brokebacks where the sports writer wrote a diatribe expressing his dislike for UL and all things Lafayette for thinking everything here was better than Lake Cuck. He recounted his as a kid if they wanted to shop at good department stores they had to travel to Lafayette. If they wanted a good movie theater, travel to Lafayette. Wanted a good meal at a really nice resturant? Travel to Lafayette. He spent the entire article blasting Lafayette for a "superior attitude" by documenting how much better everything was in Lafayette.

Typical America today, The "have nots" mad at the "have's" for "having" what the "have not's" don't have! I lived on Houma, I'm not mad at New Orleans for having the SuperDome. I mean, come on, Houma deserves the biggest river in North America to flow through it!

Thread Information