Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Charlie Strong to Texas

Default Charlie Strong to Texas

Word is Charlie Strong was just hired away from Louisville by the Texas Longhorns. That creates a scary vacancy Hud-wise. At the very least, this removes some SEC protection I was counting on, as I think Strong would've been the guy for Florida if they fired Muschamp after 2014. Everybody keep your fingers crossed for the next week or two that we avoid being part of this carousel.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.om-louisville/

Default Re: Charlie Strong to Texas

Bobby Burton (@BobbyBurton247) tweeted at 10:00 PM on Fri, Jan 03, 2014:
    A high-ranking Texas official tells Horns247 that Charlie Strong will be next head coach of Longhorns. First reported by Horns247.

Preliminary Cardinals board surfing shows early names of interest include Schiano, David Cutcliffe, Rich Rodriguez, and.bringing back Bobby Petrino.

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    Preliminary Cardinals board surfing shows early names of interest include Schiano, David Cutcliffe, Rich Rodriguez, and.bringing back Bobby Petrino.
    Goodgood.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Goodgood.
    Sports Illustrated and Houston Chronicle now both reporting so it is a done dealand yeswe need to keep an eye on this one

Pete Thamel_ (@SIPeteThamel) tweeted at 10:51 PM on Fri, Jan 03, 2014:
    High ranking Texas official said Texas and Charlie Strong have agreed to terms. Five years, $5 mill per. http://t.co/He5hGAU3Em

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Goodgood.
    Yeah. Petrino filling that vacancy would pretty much be best case scenario because it wouldn't create another one we'd need to worry about.

Mike Finger (@mikefinger) tweeted at 10:55 PM on Fri, Jan 03, 2014:
    Can confirm multiple reports that Louisville's Charlie Strong has been offered the Texas job and is expected to take it.

Louisville gonna want a name bigger than HUD Huds resume' does not have marquee appeal yet.

I would not be surprised if Coach Hud were interviewed for this job. I mentioned this a little while back, that it's a program Coach Hud has talked about and admired. It's a good top 20 type program. They may go for a bigger name, and I hope they do, but it's definitely a position that he would have to think about if they were interested in him, and they can pay good money.

11. Default Re: Charlie Strong to Texas

OH man I can see it now----The Man From Louisville (MISS) takes over in Louisville (KENT)---and no I am not just "HORSING" around---sorry T-Bine!!! No doubt many would want the L-ville job with the horses and the B-ball to help and maybe the weakest and traditionally so SEC football team in the state with whom to recruit against!!!

Boom, Papa John Stadium is across the street and down a quarter pole from Churchill.

Don't see Coach Hud getting considered for this.

14. Default Re: Charlie Strong to Texas

I think that there is something to point out about HUD now and in the future--first I am not sure of exactly what he wants but CajunT has always said that a top SEC school is his goal and our only hope against that would being lafayette becoming HUD-Fayette and a FSU BOWDEN situation occurring---but if HUD wants a job, I would love to be in that interview room to see his promoting himself and all the accomplishments along to what he could do for anybody's program----But as witnessed by the shunning of the Monroes, he won't take a place where he cannot be successful---I mean he looked at UL and just saw say from being in S-Ville how UL could take off--Damn I hope he stays and just keeps this place going----Let him do his thing as he has the JOE SIX PACK FANS, the big MONEY, and the youth all clicking for the Cajuns!!!!

The Austin American Statesman newspaper is reporting that negotiations are ongoing between Charlie Strong and the University of Texas. If Strong turns down Texas then the paper is reporting that James Franklin, Head Coach of Vanderbilt is the back up option

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information