Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: NFL Blackouts

Default Re: NFL Blackouts

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    I have been through that agony before bear.it humbles you. Especially the way it went down in Superbowl XL. Sadly.you Saints fans never got that lesson. Bad seasons won't humble you the way it does when you get there and the rug gets pulled out from underneath you. It's one pill that every one of you needs to swallow. The agony won't hurt so bad.been down that road before. You Saints fans won't know what to do if the Seahawks do win it. You won't have a leg to stand on anymore.and a fast closing window of opportunity that is closer to shut than half closed.
    Partner.when you suffer thru 3 losing seasons at U(S)L 90, 91 and 92as a member of the football staff.you better believe I learned about humility real quick. If we don't sign Jake in the Spring of 1993 we probably were looking at a 4th losing season in a row and would have been fired. If you have read any of my posts you know that I don't just throw smack.I wont throw any at you if the Hawks don't win it this year. And I will just say "well done" if the Seahawks do win it. They are a very impressive team this year. Running the table in the playoffs is killer hard. Yes, I am a Saints fan. But Coaching over 20 years will humble anyone.

Philly doesn't play at home in a dome.they know what to do in the elements. Hell they played a few weeks ago in near blizzard conditions. Nobody wants to play in that crap.but some do it better than others.
    Philly does not play very often in the harsh cold that will occur Saturday nightI am not one to swallow media hype/excuses. " The Saints cant play in the cold".all of those games are road games.either you play smart enough and good enough to win or you don't.It is hard to win on the roadperiod.harder in the Playoffs.the Saints did this to themselvesput themselves in this position.no excuses.either play good football and win or go home.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Partner.when you suffer thru 3 losing seasons at U(S)L 90, 91 and 92as a member of the football staff.you better believe I learned about humility real quick. If we don't sign Jake in the Spring of 1993 we probably were looking at a 4th losing season in a row and would have been fired. If you have read any of my posts you know that I don't just throw smack.I wont throw any at you if the Hawks don't win it this year. And I will just say "well done" if the Seahawks do win it. They are a very impressive team this year. Running the table in the playoffs is killer hard. Yes, I am a Saints fan. But Coaching over 20 years will humble anyone.
    I can't argue with that bear.but very few Saints fans.especially on this board.have the experiences you have accumulated. We all should get humbled at some point in our lives.some get it more than others.

4. Default Re: NFL Blackouts

How much for Panthers tickets Kyle?
    I do not know about the Panthers . but I sold (Christmas Day) my (4) seats in Section 326 (non-Club Seats) for the Broncos' Divisional Playoff game . $400 each. There is also a 15% buyer side charge. Thus, the tickets were $460 each to the buyer. Face value for the AFC Divisional Playoff game in my section is $115 each. You do get a bit of a premium for having four seats versus two. Of course, prices are always highest early . as we get closer to game time, ticket prices drop.

I am holding my (4) AFC Championship Game tickets in the hopes that the Broncos advance . as we will attend. Face value is $175 each. You will not find these tickets on NFL TicketExchange yet . as the game must be official. But StubHub is listing these tickets . with the cheapest similar tickets going for $885 each (block of four).

Brian

Ragin' Cajuns Re: NFL Blackouts

I can't argue with that bear.but very few Saints fans.especially on this board.have the experiences you have accumulated. We all should get humbled at some point in our lives.some get it more than others.
    hawk, how can you even suggest that we diehard saints haven't had humbling experiences? pulling for them since their inception, I promise you I've had my share of them.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint View Post
    hawk, how can you even suggest that we diehard saints haven't had humbling experiences? pulling for them since their inception, I promise you I've had my share of them.
    You didn't read my post.go back.reread it and then let's talk about it some more.

OT while talking about saints i saw this. Just read the second paragraph.

Apparently sean payton stole huds juice idea

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?story.20&src=desktop

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Bear, I think I know the way that you feel. Part of my resume is coaching five years in Gueydan.when we held the National High School Record for losses in a row posted every week to remind me in USA Today! I think the streak reached 31 games until we finally won one.

One year we dressed out just 16 players and, of course, had to scrimmage half-line. When the head coach let me call the offensive plays at practice one day, I ran a reverse to the side where no defenders were. The head coach screamed at me and asked, "What the ____ are you doing, Mike?"

"I just wanted to see US score a touchdown, Coach," I replied. "I haven't seen one in five games!"

The head coach threw down his clipboard, walked over to me, gave me a hug, and laughed his @ss off.

9. Default Re: NFL Blackouts

Yea but guys --we could do so much more coaching with those half line scrimmages!!!! $krew that peripheral vision crap---you saw what happened!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gueydanmayor View Post
    Bear, I think I know the way that you feel. Part of my resume is coaching five years in Gueydan.when we held the National High School Record for losses in a row posted every week to remind me in USA Today! I think the streak reached 31 games until we finally won one.

One year we dressed out just 16 players and, of course, had to scrimmage half-line. When the head coach let me call the offensive plays at practice one day, I ran a reverse to the side where no defenders were. The head coach screamed at me and asked, "What the ____ are you doing, Mike?"

"I just wanted to see US score a touchdown, Coach," I replied. "I haven't seen one in five games!"

The head coach threw down his clipboard, walked over to me, gave me a hug, and laughed his @ss off.
    That is funny!

Sometimes you have to dig deep for the fun but you found it.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint View Post
    Because he has not idea what he's talking about. Haters Gon' Hate. Keep waiting for that ring hawk Best team you've ever had, and it still won't be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Because he has not idea what he's talking about. Haters Gon' Hate. Keep waiting for that ring hawk Best team you've ever had, and it still won't be enough.
    You have proved my point.thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gueydanmayor View Post

We were in a district with Gueydan for all my high school years at Loreauville. No matter how many or how few players they had, Gueydan always left in all on the field and played us until the end. We also always had a blast playing them in basketball in both high school and middle school. Those games were more of a playground game than a competitive district game. No matter what the score, everyone on both teams had fun on the court and were friendly throughout.

14. Default

You have proved my point.thank you.
    You're point is, you hate the Saints. That's it. Your ramblings are blather. You're the kind of individual that probably acts like the beast mode run was the greatest run in history; when in actuality, we all know that the saints only chance if winning at that point was to strip the ball from his hands, giving the allusion of poor tackling. Just watch the games, and zip it already

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Hawk is trying to say there's this humility pill we Saints fans haven't been forced to swallow. We ate the other 9 varieties since inception, but he believes we haven't been forced to swallow the "rug yanked out from under us at the doorstep of a championship" pill. Being a Saints fan prior to Payton and Brees was like volunteering, because you're loyal, to tie yourself to a public stake and letting every neighbor and passerby beat you with their stick of choice. Hawk says, "that's not a true humbling experience". Whether or not there's another stick beating scenario we haven't experienced, I think we've already been humbled enough.

My next path is to collect those sticks and break them off in people's asses. That goes for the anti Cajun people too. I'm a loyal __ to a fault. But, I've never been beaten with a stick by any human on this planet that was a better human than me. The t-shirt they wore might have represented a team that was better than mine, but they were never a better person. And although I used to think I'd just shake their hand if they congratulate me for "finally not sucking". I changed my mind. I'm going to break those sticks off deeply in their colon. And I'm going to make sure it's a humbling experience for them. Because we all know that the greatest gift you can give your fellow man is a humbling experience. I feel like it's my obligation to drive that stick deep in their rectum, and then stand over them with my powerful grip on that stick handle, and twist it while I explain the benefit of being humble. It makes you skilled with the stick.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information