Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dan Mullen situation

Default Dan Mullen situation

Rumblings are beginning that he may be in line to take te penn state job. If that happens, well. Anyone hearing different names for penn state?

Default Re: Dan Mullen situation

I am hearing Sean Payton, he is interviewing after the Saints game on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by bigearl View Post
    Rumblings are beginning that he may be in line to take te penn state job. If that happens, well. Anyone hearing different names for penn state?
    Sandusky coaching via webcam in prison cell

Quote Originally Posted by I_Bleed_RED View Post
    Sandusky coaching via webcam in prison cell
    He said Penn State not State Pen.

According to Penn State people, he is not in the Top 5. Nothing in their coverage mentioned him as a strong candidate for the job. Mullen is not a Penn State alumnus or former player.

If Penn State took Mullen, I don't think Miss State would take Coach Hud.

7. Default Re: Dan Mullen situation

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    If Penn State took Mullen, I don't think Miss State would take Coach Hud.
    I don't personally think that Mullen is going to PSU, but why would MSU not take Hud. If anything Hud could take over a program that he is familiar with and run an offense that is already somewhat in place. If you had to bring a different type of coach in, the players would all have relearn the offense. I personally think Hud would be in their top 5.

Penn State Possibilities: Al Golden, James Franklin, Greg Schiano, Rob Chudzinski, Louie Cook

I've lurked on a few boards to see what Penn State fans are saying and I didn't see Mullen mentioned ONCE. The names that I saw a few times mostly Al Golden from Miami and Greg Schiano. I saw a couple guys mention Jim Tressel.

The one I saw that actually worries me is James Franklin from Vanderbilt. Him leaving would scare me more than Mullen in terms of losing Hud. Vanderbilt is a traditional bottom feeder, but Franklin injected some youth and energy, got some good recruits, and turned things around and now has Vandy among the favorites to win his conference division. Sound like anybody we know? Plus, it's MUCH easier to win the SEC East currently than the West. The two beasts of the conference are in the West in LSU and Alabama, who will never be threatened budgetarily by Mississippi State. Vanderbilt has Georgia, Florida, and South Carolina to contend with, but it's a much more manageable mountain to climb with the right guy running things.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Dan Mullen situation

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    I've lurked on a few boards to see what Penn State fans are saying and I didn't see Mullen mentioned ONCE. The names that I saw a few times mostly Al Golden from Miami and Greg Schiano. I saw a couple guys mention Jim Tressel.

The one I saw that actually worries me is James Franklin from Vanderbilt. Him leaving would scare me more than Mullen in terms of losing Hud. Vanderbilt is a traditional bottom feeder, but Franklin injected some youth and energy, got some good recruits, and turned things around and now has Vandy among the favorites to win his conference division. Sound like anybody we know? Plus, it's MUCH easier to win the SEC East currently than the West. The two beasts of the conference are in the West in LSU and Alabama, who will never be threatened budgetarily by Mississippi State. Vanderbilt has Georgia, Florida, and South Carolina to contend with, but it's a much more manageable mountain to climb with the right guy running things.
    Having to deal with those three, along with Tennessee, has historically been just as tough or tougher than the West. If you are a football coach who has championship aspirations in the SEC, avoid both Mississippi schools, Vanderbilt and Kentucky like the plague. You can't compete with the money everyone else in the SEC has for athletics.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4ever View Post
    Penn State Possibilities: Al Golden, James Franklin, Greg Schiano, Rob Chudzinski, Louie Cook
    You forgot Ed Orgeron

yes and Penn St looking seriously at ictish. due to his high football acumen

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    yes and Penn St looking seriously at ictish. due to his high football acumen
    And it's a two-fer. They get a football coach and a basketball shot clock operator. And of course all those fringe benefits for the AD.

14. Default Re: Dan Mullen situation

My big Question about Dan Mullen is---Wasn't he mentioned last go around as a candidate for the PSU job---can't remember for sure but I know that there was talk on some venues??? So if mentioned before and now having taken the Bulldogs to 3 straight Bowl games in an unreal conference, Why wouldn't he be considered a top candidate???

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    My big Question about Dan Mullen is---Wasn't he mentioned last go around as a candidate for the PSU job---can't remember for sure but I know that there was talk on some venues??? So if mentioned before and now having taken the Bulldogs to 3 straight Bowl games in an unreal conference, Why wouldn't he be considered a top candidate???
    Yes he was considered the number 1 candidate by many back in 2011 after joe pa

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information