Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New Orleans Bowl Attendance 54,728 Outback 51,296

Default New Orleans Bowl Attendance 54,728 Outback 51,296

Great job, Cajun fans.

Default Re: New Orleans Bowl Attendance 54,728 Outback 51,296

Separation.

The LSU kicker must be so proud. The "Louisiana 6A state championship" had more fans attend than his own bowl game.

Happy New Year! I hate LSU but C'mon.you can't accurately compare turn out for these two bowls. Most UL fans drove less than 2 hours to bowl while (& playing home team) while LSU/Iowa fans had to fly to Tampa or drive at least 20 hours for Iowa & 10-11 for LSU.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    Happy New Year! I hate LSU but C'mon.you can't accurately compare turn out for these two bowls. Most UL fans drove less than 2 hours to bowl while (& playing home team) while LSU/Iowa fans had to fly to Tampa or drive at least 20 hours for Iowa & 10-11 for LSU.
    This is supposedly BCS caliber football. You are expanding your stadium to almost 100K. You pack your stadium every game right up until you are out of the NC Championship picture. You suck as a fanbase. You tell everyone how fgggn great you are. You better not let a mid major bowl outdraw you. You're friggin LSU, Gods gift to BCS athletics, ______!!!

Z

errrr.uhhhh.We know.it's just a joke.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    errrr.uhhhh.We know.it's just a joke.
    not a joke. looks like fairweather fandom to me.

Z

There were years when LSU got invited to bowl games over other teams because their fans traveled so well. For whatever reason they just didn't show up this year.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    There were years when LSU got invited to bowl games over other teams because their fans traveled so well. For whatever reason they just didn't show up this year.
    Because they believe they are spoiled, entitled pckkerheads.

Z

Z, more I think about it, you're right. While Outback isn't a a top bowl, Tampa's a great town (especially this time of year) & "The Flagship" fans should've traveled. There are over 30,000 LSU season ticket holders in the SHV/ Bossier area aloneI wonder how many of them made that trip.

11. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl Attendance 54,728 Outback 51,296

Little Doggie where did you get that stat from??? Just seems rather high for being about 4-5 hours away--How long is that drive BTW???

If you watched the game, I guarantee you that there wasn't even 51k there. Paid? Yes. I would say there were more like 30k max. through the turnstiles.

some journalist at game tweeted twenty to twenty-five thousand

I argued with some LSU people and they said the same old thing, "any team can bring 45k if they are only 2 hrs away", would be nice to see us get a bowl in Tampa, how many do to believe we would bring?

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNTODD44 View Post
    I argued with some LSU people and they said the same old thing, "any team can bring 45k if they are only 2 hrs away", would be nice to see us get a bowl in Tampa, how many do to believe we would bring?
    "Anybody can" but some schools closer, didn't.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information