Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Louisiana vs Lamar

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Louisiana vs Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by 2 ul 0105 View Post
    _ Would someone please explain to me why with 0 outs and a man on first and second in the bottom of the ninth in a tied game why you would let a guy who limps to the plate swing. In the situation why would you not bunt the guys to second and third and with one out then bring in Hawkins and let him swing away. I realize that we won the game but this is really aggrivating me. This is a bonehead move and could have very easily turned into a double play which could have killed the rally

SOMEONE HELP _
    They brought in Hawkins to pinch hit in the pitcher's spot, so I don't think that bringing him in one batter later would have been an option. As far as why he didn't bunt.maybe he's not good at it, maybe Robe thought they were better letting him swing, I'm not sure.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by BrudaCajun View Post
    _ Beautiful refrence. I was very young, but I will always remember that homerun. Classic highlight _
    I always love seeing a clip of that play.

Gibson limping around the bases with his arm pumping. Jack buck calling it and saying "I can't believe what I just saw." And, all the taillights on all the cars from those hardcore LA fans leaving the game early, just as the winning HR flies over the right field wall. Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by BrudaCajun View Post
    _ Beautiful refrence. I was very young, but I will always remember that homerun. Classic highlight _
    That's because ESPN will never let you forget!

Anyone know the status of the game tonight in Hammond? Weather is iffy, just checking if anyone had heard anything? Thanks!

5. Default Re: Louisiana vs Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ They brought in Hawkins to pinch hit in the pitcher's spot, so I don't think that bringing him in one batter later would have been an option. As far as why he didn't bunt.maybe he's not good at it, maybe Robe thought they were better letting him swing, I'm not sure. _
    Also, if he lays down a bad bunt, it is a double play anyway with him trying to run

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information