Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 5 NFL Openings

Default 5 NFL Openings

It will be interesting how the 5 NFL jobs effect the college landscape.

Currently:

Tampa Bay--Fired Greg Schiano, I could see Schiano ending up at Penn State if O'Brien goes to the NFL

Detroit--Fired Schwartz, Back in the NFL as a Coordinator

Washington--Fired Shanahan, could be the end of the line for Mike Shanahan, I don't think he will be recycled.

Minnesota--Fired Frazier Back in the NFL as a Coordinator

Houston--Fired Kubiak, back in the NFL as a Coordinator

The only current College Job available is Texas, but that could change with O'Brien going to the NFL. The question becomes does PSU take Schiano or take a coach from the current college ranks like Dan Mullen and/or Al Golden.

No matter what I believe that we are safe with Hud for another season, but these next few days will be interesting. I think PSU either goes with Schiano or Golden. If Golden is there choice, then that opens up Miami, which no one knows which direction they will go.

2. UL Football Re: 5 NFL Openings

I agree with you, except one can never account for unintended consequences of any move.

Default Re: 5 NFL Openings

A lot of heads rolled. This could start some interesting domino effects.

I'm hearing Penn State will target Schiano if necessary.

5. Default Re: 5 NFL Openings

I keep thinking Miss State and I can see them beating maybe these teams regularly or competing yearly---Vandy, Kent, -----Ole Miss is a recruiting machine and Missou has caught fire with ARk improving-----So talk about a tough gig---getting to 6 wins is a very tough assignment and will be every year at MSU----Go there only for the money!!! Now stranger things have happened BUT again a very tough task!!!

6. Default Re: 5 NFL Openings

The guy is going to a bowl game, and will probably win it. He might be looking for an easier gig, but those that pay are hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post

Currently:

Tampa Bay--Fired Greg Schiano, I could see Schiano ending up at Penn State if O'Brien goes to the NFL

Washington--Fired Shanahan, could be the end of the line for Mike Shanahan, I don't think he will be recycled.

The only current College Job available is Texas, but that could change with O'Brien going to the NFL. The question becomes does PSU take Schiano or take a coach from the current college ranks like Dan Mullen and/or Al Golden.

No matter what I believe that we are safe with Hud for another season, but these next few days will be interesting. I think PSU either goes with Schiano or Golden. If Golden is there choice, then that opens up Miami, which no one knows which direction they will go.
    Cleveland Browns spot is open as well.

I heard the Saints are firing Payton and bringing in Hud to replace him. It could be just a rumor but that is what my sources are telling me right now. It looks like the only way Payton keeps his job is if he wins the Super Bowl. Stay tuned this will be an interesting playoff run for Saints and Cajuns fans!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I heard the Saints are firing Payton and bringing in Hud to replace him. It could be just a rumor but that is what my sources are telling me right now. It looks like the only way Payton keeps his job is if he wins the Super Bowl. Stay tuned this will be an interesting playoff run for Saints and Cajuns fans!
    Bullshirt! HUD is in line for the O Coordinators job at Lafayette High!! Go Lions!!!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post

Currently:

Worst move that Penn State could do would be to target Schiano, that dude is a scumbag as proven by his end of game all out blitz on kneel downs. If they want another black eye, they go with Schiano, but my gut is they'll shoot for another high character guy, like obrien.

Schiano seems to have an attitude issue but handling a college program and running a NFL organization don't seem to be remotely close. Not sure if PSU will hire him but he will be coaching a P5 program by next year. If you can win a Rutgers, there are plenty of job that will open up for you.

13. Default Re: 5 NFL Openings

I guess I would be more concerned with Penn State going after Vandy's James Franklin.

I could see HUD being at least considered for the Commodores job if that were to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbeaux View Post
    I guess I would be more concerned with Penn State going after Vandy's James Franklin.

I could see HUD being at least considered for the Commodores job if that were to pass.
    But can anyone win it all at Vandy? I guess if he looks at it as a stepping stone to another P5 job it might be attractive. Also if his goal is one of the handful of truly top SEC jobs can you get there directly from Vandy? Does the SEC have any prohibitions, written or unwritten, against one SEC program hurting another SEC head coach? Has it ever occurred before?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    But can anyone win it all at Vandy? I guess if he looks at it as a stepping stone to another P5 job it might be attractive. Also if his goal is one of the handful of truly top SEC jobs can you get there directly from Vandy? Does the SEC have any prohibitions, written or unwritten, against one SEC program hurting another SEC head coach? Has it ever occurred before?
    Tubberville. Ole Miss to Auburn.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information