Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Huds Pay, how much NOW? Louisiana assistants pay, how much NOW?

UL Football Huds Pay, how much NOW? Louisiana assistants pay, how much NOW?

Just wondering, J-Bird, Boomer, Cajun-T, Z, Turbine, how much if at all will Hud's pay and/or his assistants will GEAUX up, and will Hud's contract be reworked/extended?

2. Default Re: Huds Pay, how much NOW? Louisiana assistants pay, how much NOW?

Things to think about---The base and assistants' base----the number of staff----Bonuses---outside revenue----wife's benefits---incorporation to Texas to not have Louisiana state income tax----Silent partner in outside business interests---House/condo in Florida--------Now I expect this board to fill in the blanks on this but This is Boomer's package to keep coaches!!!

Default Re: Huds Pay, how much NOW? Louisiana assistants pay, how much NOW?

I was asking this same question last night.

HUD met all of his incentives this year right?
    - Attendance
    - Conference Championship
    - Bowl Game/Win

I believe Mr. Hudspeth earned $1,000,000 last year.
    Not a bad year.

I believe we under count attendance numbers so we fall short of his incentives.

HUD's salary is fine where it is this year, stand firm on that base with slightly larger incentives or add a large lump sum into his "longevity annuity" that he collects in three more years.

The biggest concern is raising the assistants salary.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I believe we under count attendance numbers so we fall short of his incentives.
    I don't buy this.
    I rememnber reading his incentive was to average 20k fans/game.

Please up the salary of the OC to $1 million to buy a person who does not call the same plays in the same sequence over and over!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    Please up the salary of the OC to $1 million to buy a person who does not call the same plays in the same sequence over and over!!!!!
    Great idea.pay the OC more than the head coach, wonder why nobody has ever thought of that

Chief, this OC is one of the brightest football minds, in football.

You think so? I don't, I believe our play calling skills are to be desired, look how confused we were when Tulane started blitzing

I think our playcalling is, for the most part, fine. I think our execution is sometimes lacking when it comes to where we throw the ball. We missed Harry Peoples a lot this season. His presence gave us a relief from the "all or nothing" mentality of going for deep throws all the time because he was good for 8-10 yards any time you wanted it. He elongated drives and made our offense more steady. I'm hoping that the addition of the receivers (and offensive linemen) we have committed for our 2014 class will bring that stability back to our offense, and also bring back more of the bubble screens that we employed so well in 2012 (and had employed against us, unfortunately).

11. UL Football Re: Huds Pay, how much NOW? Louisiana assistants pay, how much NOW?

A healthy Broadway should be able to hit a hot receiver when there is non stop blitzing. No doubt he was limited. One on one on the outside receivers down the field leaves receivers all over the place open. This is basic football 101, and for whatever reason we are not doing it. So Johnson is not the problem.

I think the offense has been fine the past two seasons.

Defense on the other hand.especially the secondary. AND, I said it in one thread about a month ago and will say it again. We LOVE Justin Anderson. Dude played with as much heart as anyone and made HUGE plays on defense for us this season. His game at WKU was top notch and was maybe the sole reason we won.

However, that Tampa 2 style is dependent upon the MLB being able to take away the middle of the field in pass defense. When the Bucs were at their best, they had a slender, agile and fast Shelton Quarles taking away the middle of the field. If we are going to keep the Tampa 2 style where CBs bail up the field and Safeties provide that over the top protection, we need genuine speed at MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I think the offense has been fine the past two seasons.

Defense on the other hand.especially the secondary. AND, I said it in one thread about a month ago and will say it again. We LOVE Justin Anderson. Dude played with as much heart as anyone and made HUGE plays on defense for us this season. His game at WKU was top notch and was maybe the sole reason we won.

However, that Tampa 2 style is dependent upon the MLB being able to take away the middle of the field in pass defense. When the Bucs were at their best, they had a slender, agile and fast Shelton Quarles taking away the middle of the field. If we are going to keep the Tampa 2 style where CBs bail up the field and Safeties provide that over the top protection, we need genuine speed at MLB.
    Does Tyren Alexander fit that mold?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    I would love to see us play the Tampa 2 and get after it! Hell I would love to see us play the defense that Tulane ran against us!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    He might. I only say that because I don't follow the team as closely as others on here, especially when it comes to high school recruits. Everything I've read about him is he's the athletic type.

I'm certainly not a defensive coordinator, though, nor do I care to even pretend to play one on a message board. I'm just giving my opinion based on the type of hard-nosed, grinding player Anderson has been and comparing that to the types of LBs in the NFL I've seen be most successful for the Tampa 2 scheme, which appears to be what we're trying to run here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information