Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread: MBB: Louisiana (70) vs Jackson State (73)

Default Re: Louisiana (70) vs Jackson State (73)

I think he is like 40 points away.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    Our RPI will continue to drop by virtue of the remainder of our schedule. However, we need to now becomes big fans of Baylor, Arkansas, Louisiville, Jackson State, Coastal, Oakland, NW State, and *gulp* Tech.

NW State, Jackson State, Oakland, and Tech all have great chances to win their league.
    I did not see that loss coming. You called it as a possibility. I defer to your greatness!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    I did not see that loss coming. You called it as a possibility. I defer to your greatness!

Z
    I can't say I saw this loss coming but I knew it was a strong possibility as SWAC teams are notorious for pulling upsets at home. Not a huge surprise here as JSU will be one of the better SWAC teams along with Southern. There was a play in the game when Brown had a breakaway and turned the ball over after being defensed with what Stevie P. called a tackle. I That is why there are very few SWAC teams who get other D1 schools to play them at their places. We did it so as we can get a return home game next year. Our difficulty in getting non conference home games has reached the ridiculous stage as even UNO won't play us home and home.

Still, Cajuns could have won the game with better FT shooting and if someone besides Shawn Long had been effective on the glass. Also, from what I understand the game winning shot was well defended so you tip your hat to JSU in this case. As far as Elfrid's FT shooting goes, I assure you working on it is not the issue. He works on his game so much that they have to run him out of the gym at times so as he has some energy for the real games.

I agree the free throwing shooting needs to improve, but EP practices his free throw shooting more than anyone else on team. Also remember we had two starters out for the game. As I much as I love Rimmer and Brown we need Mbamalu senior leadership on the floor. I am just hoping all of the games and traveling EP did this summer hasn't tired his legs too much, remember he is still only 19 years old. The officiating was terrible but overall that did not loose the game for us and they are not a really terrible team.

In the end we will be fine, time to focus on the trip up to Monroe for the January 4th game.

Geaux Cajuns!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread Information