Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BEV with Scott Farmer

Default BEV with Scott Farmer

Still talking right now. Couple of points (updating as it goes)

Independence Bowl:
    *We were told by them that there were A, B, C options and we were either B or C but bowl would wait to see if SEC had team available. Notre Dame was basically option A and there was no guarantee we were above Arizona

*Indy Bowl director called us and congratulated us once we accepted NO Bowl and said she understood us not waiting. Farmer told her he understood them having to wait until last week of games for SEC team.

*Conference said we did not have to wait to see about Indy Bowl so that we could get 3 slots for SBC. Never part of it.

New Orleans Bowl:
    *Billy Ferrante asked Farmer for input on pros/cons of in-state opponent.

*If we get to 60K, should be top 10 of all bowls. Helps bowl sponsorships, exposure, etc by having these bowl attendances

*Many of the city/commerce folks were surprised by how many nights UL fans were spending when we first came in 2 years ago. More prepared for us now

*Graduation ceremony for athletes on Friday. Coach Hud and others will be in full academic regalia and walk down the aisle with the graduating athletes

*Mostly just talking random bowl day stuff now. RCAF party, Rouses party, brunches, etc

*Winning is biggest part of the bowl weekend

Other Sports:
    *Highest we've ever been at this time of the year in Bubas Cup. We're typically a stronger spring department. Currently in 4th place

*Marlin going for career win 400 at Jackson St

Default Re: BEV with Scott Farmer

Keep updating please! Thanks so much

I guess we will never know which of the conflicting versions is correct. However, given past statements and incidents I take these statements with a big grain of salt.

It makes sense. Why would UL be option A? Option B or C is realistic and us waiting was unrealistic. Independence bowl is trying to get back to higher standard with big named schools

Quote Originally Posted by bravobb View Post
    It makes sense. Why would UL be option A? Option B or C is realistic and us waiting was unrealistic. Independence bowl is trying to get back to higher standard with big named schools
    Agreed. I believe the number one reason they are losing the AdvoCare sponsorship is because of the lack of "big name" schools. You can not blame them for wanting Notre Dame or SEC Schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    I guess we will never know which of the conflicting versions is correct. However, given past statements and incidents I take these statements with a big grain of salt.
    I usually agree with your statement about our administration and their track record, but he 's putting his name next to his quotes. I'ma go with that until someone else is willing to put their name out their as a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by bravobb View Post
    I don't think there was ever any claim that we were option A. Everyone understood Notre Dame was option A. The facts in dispute,depending on which side was telling the story, is whether or not discussions took place or they were dismissed out of hand.

All I can say to the idiots saying we should've "waited for Indy", is THANK GOD WE DIDN'T!

We would've been passed over in a heartbeat with losing our last two games, and Nola bowl may have already chosen someone else to lock it up. So glad we didn't wait, and so glad we are back in NOLA. I don't want to be anywhere else until we are undefeated or have 1 loss with a REAL legitimate shot at a bigger bowl. Indy bowl, no thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    I usually agree with your statement about our administration and their track record, but he 's putting his name next to his quotes. I'ma go with that until someone else is willing to put their name out their as a fact.
    Just to keep things in context he put his name out there with his statements as to the events related to conference realignment.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I trust our administration in everything they say and do. You should too.

JZ

Guess what conferences that all the at large teams selected were from? Of the 9 teams left out of bowls guess what conferences they were from? Of the 9 left out, guess what conference 5 of them were from?

That's it. Pretty generic for most of the 2nd half of the conversation

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    That's it. Pretty generic for most of the 2nd half of the conversation
    Any mention of conferences that are "the place we want to be"?

Haha, no conference "talk" thankfully

Ha Ha Ha now that is funny.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information