Thread: Cajuns crush Gents

1. UL Basketball Cajuns crush Gents

Shawn Long knew going into Tuesday night’s game that he would be in for a big night, knowing that he held a big size advantage over Centenary College. But the UL sophomore forward not only dominated in the post, he came up with the basketball version of the perfect game.

2. UL Basketball Re: Cajuns crush Gents

Cajuns should crush the Gents as they are no longer a 1A program. Post game Marlin was happy with the win, and upset with a lot of the early non effort on defense. He has to get that defense closer to where he wants it to be a serious contender with WKU, USA, and they say GaState even though GSU have yet to show anything.

Default Re: Cajuns crush Gents

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Cajuns should crush the Gents as they are no longer a 1A program. Post game Marlin was happy with the win, and upset with a lot of the early non effort on defense. He has to get that defense closer to where he wants it to be a serious contender with WKU, USA, and they say GaState even though GSU have yet to show anything.
    It's a sign of progress to crush the teams we should crush. Not long ago we struggled with/lost to the teams we should crush.

4. UL Basketball Re: Cajuns crush Gents

Sorry, but I missed the mens basketball struggles or loses to 1AA, 1AAA, NAIA teams. Educate me.

Default Re: Cajuns crush Gents

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    It's a sign of progress to crush the teams we should crush. Not long ago we struggled with/lost to the teams we should crush.
    See Mobile College a couple of years ago.

By the way Express, he wasn't just happy with the winthese are games that he can work on troubled areas and younger, less experienced players get some quality PT. I am sure he was happy those areas and needs. These are the areas that need to improve and be worked on in order to compete with the WKU and USA's and this is what these types of games allow Marlin and staff to work on. Don't underestimate the importance of last nights game.

6. Default Re: Cajuns crush Gents

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Sorry, but I missed the mens basketball struggles or loses to 1AA, 1AAA, NAIA teams. Educate me.
    As I recall, we also lost to the Texas College Steers (NAIA) a few years ago. Either Lee's last season or Marlin's first.

7. UL Basketball Re: Cajuns crush Gents

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    See Mobile College a couple of years ago.

By the way Express, he wasn't just happy with the winthese are games that he can work on troubled areas and younger, less experienced players get some quality PT. I am sure he was happy those areas and needs. These are the areas that need to improve and be worked on in order to compete with the WKU and USA's and this is what these types of games allow Marlin and staff to work on. Don't underestimate the importance of last nights game.
    I do recall that loss and they are NAIA. Losing to an NAIA pretty much says you quit as a 1A team.

I agree some games are there just so you have an opponent, and you get to work on other aspects of your game. Like I said he was HAPPY with the win as he should be, but was very upset about some aspects of the defense. So yes we can f(*k up against this team and win, but will be a lot harder to do the same things against WKU, USA and others.

It seems from some of the comments it is as though I was not appreciating the win. I do, but honestly regardless of some history, to lose to a non 1A is just real bad team attitude. You almost have to have better players as almost all these other divisions are partial or non scholarship players and we are talking about a starting five and four or five substitutes.

Thread Information