Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Payton, Ragin' Cajuns outlast Houston 79-76 in OT

Default Re: Payton, Ragin' Cajuns outlast Houston 79-76 in OT

Quote Originally Posted by Derfdog View Post
    Still "terrible"
    I agree the officiating was terrrribbblee. One of the few calls that got correct.

I don't think I've seen that many travels called in a game

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Little Bobby Ardoin must have a lot to do because he got our record wrong. I suppose it is too much to ask of a writer to check his copy of his article. He has us at 7-5? Where does he even get that number? I guess it was a copy and paste of the Houston record he used.
    Houston is now 7 and 5. He probably just got the records reversed. Are the 5 for our losses was just a misprint and should have been 3. By the way Houston fans appear to be quite unanimous in their opinion that their coach should be replaced. Their Scout message board is none too kind to their staff.

4. UL Football Re: Payton, Ragin' Cajuns outlast Houston 79-76 in OT

You are far too kind to him Mike, I know he got the records reversed, it is his job to not get the records reversed. If you reverse the records in your job, things like the Exxon Valdez happen, or maybe the British Petroleum thing happens, just a little reversal of a couple of numbers. The guy is a dolt, and lazy

You are far too kind to him Mike, I know he got the records reversed, it is his job to not get the records reversed. If you reverse the records in your job, things like the Exxon Valdez happen, or maybe the British Petroleum thing happens, just a little reversal of a couple of numbers. The guy is a dolt, and lazy
    No doubt that something like getting the record wrong should not get past the writer or editors. Buckley got something wrong in the pre game article. He said Houston won their last game against San Jose. Actually they lost to the Spartans in a close game but blew out Alcorn in the game prior to ours.

6. UL Football Re: Payton, Ragin' Cajuns outlast Houston 79-76 in OT

do not get me started on Buckles. None of these guys deserve the first dollar of their pay checks. He has one job, a simple job, get the basic facts straight. Then you can move onto your prose, and insight on the sports. Just get the basics down first, then…

do not get me started on Buckles. None of these guys deserve the first dollar of their pay checks. He has one job, a simple job, get the basic facts straight. Then you can move onto your prose, and insight on the sports. Just get the basics down first, then……….
    I second this statementI like what you did thereBuckles.haha.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I don't think I've seen that many travels called in a game
    Yes, and they still missed many more on the Cougars.

Little Bobby Ardoin must have a lot to do because he got our record wrong. I suppose it is too much to ask of a writer to check his copy of his article. He has us at 7-5? Where does he even get that number? I guess it was a copy and paste of the Houston record he used.
    I added a comment about our record in the article.

Anyone know the conference affiliation for the officials last night?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Anyone know the conference affiliation for the officials last night?
    BYYA (Broussard Youngsville Youth Athletics)

No need to insult BYYA officials.

13. Default Re: Payton, Ragin' Cajuns outlast Houston 79-76 in OT

Say what you want ---there has never been a Sports section even close to approaching what Buckles has done--he had told me about the great game day things he had wanted to do and finally got approval this year---tell me that along with the 30 plus page NO BOWL booklet in todays paper is not a breath of fresh and exciting air---As far as story content just check out the Peoples story of last year and the Sturgent of today's paper!!! I can see why he got the job over all the many other candidates!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information