Thread: UL seeking answers after bad loss

1. Default UL seeking answers after bad loss

Haack got the call against South Alabama after throwing just seven passes all season before Broadway got hurt. He wound up 5-of-14 for 49 yards before getting pulled in the third quarter in favor of redshirt freshman D’Shaie Landor.

“Then we tried our last one,” Hudspeth said. “He (Nixon) actually did, I thought, a really good job.”

Default Re: UL seeking answers after bad loss

I was asked about this last night. How does a staff turn it around in season and get back on the rails. Close ranks and hard work. I can assure you that even though Coach Hud has given the team time away from the practice field this week the staff will be burning the midnight oil. We need a spark and I believe that these Coaches will find it. I believe that psychologically Coach will approach the game as this Bowl game belongs to us.we have taken ownership of this Bowl with two great victories and our fans have adopted the Superdome as another home field. Our team has played outstanding football over the last 2 years in the N O Bowl and are obviously very comfortable playing in the Dome. Our kids in the late 80's and early 90's felt the same way. We are not going to allow Tulane to take this from us. Our fans are not going to allow Tulane to take this game from us. As a former Coach I can damn well tell everyone that no one is hurting more then these kids and their Coaches. None of us can change what happened over the last 2 weeks but the Coaches, players and fans can damn well do something about what is coming in two weeks. 50,000 screaming, motivated Ragin Cajun fans.This is our gawd damned game and they can't have it.Brawl on the Bayou baby!!!!! Get it done Coach HudGeaux Cajuns

Is Broadway really going to be back?

Quote Originally Posted by Redgineer View Post
    Is Broadway really going to be back?
    JMO.Going to depend on the size of the incision I believe.Clifford Champ in 1990 came back from a broken arm in the first game rather quickly to start at Middle Linebacker. A plate was also inserted in his arm

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    I was asked about this last night. How does a staff turn it around in season and get back on the rails. Close ranks and hard work. I can assure you that even though Coach Hud has given the team time away from the practice field this week the staff will be burning the midnight oil. We need a spark and I believe that these Coaches will find it. I believe that psychologically Coach will approach the game as this Bowl game belongs to us.we have taken ownership of this Bowl with two great victories and our fans have adopted the Superdome as another home field. Our team has played outstanding football over the last 2 years in the N O Bowl and are obviously very comfortable playing in the Dome. Our kids in the late 80's and early 90's felt the same way. We are not going to allow Tulane to take this from us. Our fans are not going to allow Tulane to take this game from us. As a former Coach I can damn well tell everyone that no one is hurting more then these kids and their Coaches. None of us can change what happened over the last 2 weeks but the Coaches, players and fans can damn well do something about what is coming in two weeks. 50,000 screaming, motivated Ragin Cajun fans.This is our gawd damned game and they can't have it.Brawl on the Bayou baby!!!!! Get it done Coach HudGeaux Cajuns
    +1

JMO.Going to depend on the size of the incision I believe.Clifford Champ in 1990 came back from a broken arm in the first game rather quickly to start at Middle Linebacker. A plate was also inserted in his arm
    Yeah, but coach a broken arm can be casted and padded for protection when you are on defense. When you are throwing with that arm, that is a different ballgame all together and I'm not confident he will be back

Nice. Great point. Need to cap this season off with a big, big win. I mean BIG. (we have the players and coaches to get this done).

No need to tip off Tulane as to the status of Broadway. Let them keep guessing and prepare for the possibility that one or more of 4 QB's could play (5 if you count the Prophet and wildcat package) Mums the wordleave it sit there like the pros do, its a game time decision.

Champ was one bad dude on the field.

Coachthe guys played 12 games over 14 (right?) weeks, they played Saturday like they were mentally worn out from the long season, coach's too. This break could be just what the Dr. ordered, then its down to football, football, football (since school will be over for the fall)

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Yeah, but coach a broken arm can be casted and padded for protection when you are on defense. When you are throwing with that arm, that is a different ballgame all together and I'm not confident he will be back
    I think Haack is a better QB than what we saw. If B can't go, I would like to see Haack again. Also, the passing game has gotten too predictable. USA ate up that curl to Robinson. We have gone to that play too often. Noticing that we don't work the middle much at all, probably to minimize turnovers.

12. Default Re: UL seeking answers after bad loss

Tulane will have had 3 weeks to get ready for the Cajuns---this is a huge advantage in that they probably have the 2 Bowl games and a ton of this years games and last year----But We run the same damn thing on offense and not much difference on defense and the kicking gameYes I think we are a non description as far as who will play and I hope we keep it that way-----NOBODY---NOBODY ---watches practice---NOBODY tells who can or will play as that could be our secret weapon!!!!

Thread Information