Thread: Bus trip 2013 R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl

Ragin' Cajuns Bus trip 2013 R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl

http://louisianaalumni.org/site.php?.485&pageID=432

Dear UL Alumni Association Member:

Your Alumni Association is offering current members an opportunity to ‘catch the bus' to the 2013 R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl on Saturday, December 21st. Your membership with the Association allows you priority seating on this bus trip.
    Deadline for pre-registration for current members will expire on Sunday, December 8th at 5:00 p.m.

TRIP DETAILS
    Buses will depart from the UL Alumni Center at 2:00 p.m. for the two and a half hour bus ride to New Orleans. Parking will be available behind the Alumni Center for bus riders.

Buses will depart 45 minutes after the game for the return ride home - this will allow for the opportunity to watch the trophy presentation.

Cost to ride the bus is $40 per Alumni Association member ($55 per non-member.) Association members receive priority seating! Non-member seating based on availability.

Please note, price to ride the bus does not include game tickets. Game tickets must be purchased through www.ragincajuns.com/bowlcentral . The Alumni Association is not responsible for game ticket purchases.

You will be contacted by a representative from this office, on or before Tuesday, Dec. 10th by 5:00 p.m., to confirm your seats and collect your payment. Once we collect your payment, there will be no refunds issued!

The Association is not responsible for invalid or outdated member contact information.

ONLINE REGISTRATION ONLY - NO TELEPHONE CALLS ACCEPTED!

Default Re: Bus trip 2013 R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl

Not a bad deal for those not enjoying the weekend in NOLA.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Not a bad deal for those not enjoying the weekend in NOLA.
    This was my plan if we went to Shreveport, but New Orleans going in Thursday and coming back Monday.

I will be taking advantage of this opportunity. It's sooooo easy. Let somebody else drive and you can sleep on the way back. No parking worries either.

Bump

Not a bad deal. I know they can't because it'd be cost-prohibitive, but I wish they'd offer something like this for every football game we play within a 6 to 8 hour radius, even if it's just one bus load. I'd sure attend an extra road game or three this way.

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    Not a bad deal. I know they can't because it'd be cost-prohibitive, but I wish they'd offer something like this for every football game we play within a 6 to 8 hour radius, even if it's just one bus load. I'd sure attend an extra road game or three this way.
    Don't get me started.

We took a half full charter bus to texas A&M on a college student budget.it's not the cost, it's laziness. If 20 college kids can afford to charter their own, I'm sure a full bus of adults could.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    We took a half full charter bus to texas A&M on a college student budget.it's not the cost, it's laziness. If 20 college kids can afford to charter their own, I'm sure a full bus of adults could.
    Bingo!!!

10. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Bus trip 2013 R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    Maybe that is another function Hud can take over. Get the buses, get the fans, get the profit for our coaches, and players. God knows the alumni only work on a ski trip coming up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I'll say it again.

If we (students in the 60s, 70s, and 80s) had been as involved and aggressive back then to the extent y'all are now, we wouldn't be having these incessant "what's our name" threads.

We didn't even have a thread, much less a rope back then

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Bingo!!!
    Ok, for next year, let's try to work out some trips! And CrazyCajun . be careful who you call "adult"!

My tailgate group was thinking of chartering a bus to the Independence Bowl if we went there. All you need is about 50 people to make it work. The Alumni Association was going to get some buses for the game this weekend but they waited too long to set the time of the game. Once the game time was set there were no buses to be had.

My plans are Boise and TxSt.

15. UL Football Re: Bus trip 2013 R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    My plans are Boise and TxSt.
    Wow, a whole lotta beer can be downed on a trip to TxSt, and a whole lot more to Boise. Sounds like a trip that the football game will be the R & R portion of the trip.

Thread Information