Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Coaching Dominoes

Default Coaching Dominoes

Well one of the major jobs has been filled. UW coach Steve Sarkesian is going to Southern Cal. With this staying on the west coast we are safe so far. Bad thing is Coach O is available and if HUD moves on there will be a push for him again.

Default Re: Coaching Dominoes

Can someone explain why we hate coach O?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    I dont understand it either. I think USC was stupid for not hiring him. Ive heard reports that players were visually upset with the decision. Its obvious that they love him. His record this year speaks for itself.

Ed Orgeron is one hell of a recruiter and a great defensive mind, that is well documented. He does come with some baggage though. I'm sure if he becomes a serious choice, I wouldn't be opposed to him being hired if HUD left. But if there is better candidate or better fit for us, I'm fine with not hiring him. Just please don't hire us another Baldwin.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    Can't remember but when Hudspeth was hired we did a pre-hire dual poll positive/negative here on RP.

On the positive vibe poll Hud was 1st, Orgeron was 2nd.

On the negative vibe poll Orgeron came in 1st, Hudspeth came in last.

Orgeron seems to be a polarizing figure.

With what he did at USC to end the season, I would venture to guess he gets a head gig this offseason. Hud is not going anywhere, so this is a non-issue.

/thread

Cajunjeb is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Everything I have posted about HUD to this point had been about doing what it takes to lock him down. I don't think it's appropriate to talk about replacements. That's just me.

He is a great recruiter, but he has some questionable past stops. He would fit in perfect with us Cajuns and his players really love him, and when players really love a coach they will do anything to win for him.

Ed Orgeron is a very good assistant coach, recruiter and motivator. There is also no doubt that he was the key to any success that USC enjoyed this year. But I think the jury is still very much out on his long term viability as a Head Coach. He didn't do much at all with his opportunity at Ole Miss! I think the love he gets in these parts has as much to do with his Cajun roots as it does with his coaching ability. His success at USC this season will more than likely give him another opportunity as a Head Coach somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNTODD44 View Post
    He is a great recruiter, but he has some questionable past stops. He would fit in perfect with us Cajuns and his players really love him, and when players really love a coach they will do anything to win for him.
    Are you saying that players don't love HUD and that the players aren't doing everything to win?

No I am not, wow!!!! Where did that come from

I wish we would leave this subject alonewe still have a game to win to secure outright conference championship, something we haven't done in 40 years.

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNTODD44 View Post
    No I am not, wow!!!! Where did that come from
    So what you are saying is that both Orgeron and Hud are both player's coaches and both get their players to do anything to win for them? Then why are we talking about another coach? Hud is the coach and will be the coach until he or the administration announces a change. Then, I feel, it would be appropriate to discuss other coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I wish we would leave this subject alonewe still have a game to win to secure outright conference championship, something we haven't done in 40 years.
    Amen brother!

F. U c. K all that crap. Hud is here, he is winning, we are going bowling!! Worry about his replacement after he decides to leave!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information