Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: dr. E. Joseph Savoie

Default dr. E. Joseph Savoie

Dr. E. Joseph Savoie. an Alumni, and one who at one time was put in charge of changing our regional status to a national school, who ran the board of regents under several governors, who obviously loves this university and who has countless hours working for its advancement, PLEASE make a public announcement or statement, on why YOU, of all people, refuse to let us be called Louisiana at athletic events? is it Louisiana politics threatening you personally, threatening the school financially? I can't think of any other reason YOU did not allow the announcer last night say "another Louisiana first down". It was pathetically embarassing last night that YOU made us look like a regional school that "knows its place", and not one attempting to become a nationally recognized school that you once fought for. Why? What Made you do this. We deserve an accounting.

Default Re: dr. E. Joseph Savoie

Tell him to get onboard or get out!! Haha

Either we are the Louisiana Ragin Cajuns or we are not. We need the administration and Dr. Savoie to be straight up with the Alumni and the fans. Who are we Dr. Savoie? You are making a charade out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by irokcj5 View Post
    Dr. E. Joseph Savoie. an Alumni, and one who at one time was put in charge of changing our regional status to a national school, who ran the board of regents under several governors, who obviously loves this university and who has countless hours working for its advancement, PLEASE make a public announcement or statement, on why YOU, of all people, refuse to let us be called Louisiana at athletic events? is it Louisiana politics threatening you personally, threatening the school financially? I can't think of any other reason YOU did not allow the announcer last night say "another Louisiana first down". It was pathetically embarassing last night that YOU made us look like a regional school that "knows its place", and not one attempting to become a nationally recognized school that you once fought for. Why? What Made you do this. We deserve an accounting.
    Why don't you email him?
    I think you would get a quicker response.

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post
    Why don't you email him?
    I emailed him this morning. Let's see if a response comes within 48 hours, and something other than "There is more at play" crap.

I emailed him also. not only about name issue but also about the n.o bowl issue i purposely called him doc ray on purpose as he has been acting like him recently

UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: dr. E. Joseph Savoie

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post
    Why don't you email him?
    Anyone who knows me, knows like everyone else, that I have done countless hours working for free, with Baseball, Softball, Track and Football oh and the Alumni Panel, and so on and so forth. If Dr Savoie and company thinks I and others here on this board are going to just sit back and take this sucker punch he threw at us, he is wrong.

At the very least let us know if this is how it is to be with the Louisiana name and UL for sports!

I can listen on the radio and watch on TV or the internet for FREE!!! I am only one, but there are others that don't aspire to be in the SunBelt or Southland type conferences forever, we want more and we want to be apart of a bigger conference! If we can not even call ourselves, Louisiana, UL, Louisiana Ragin Cajuns, HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM.

I have had football and Basketball tickets since I graduated May of 1989, and shortly after was instrumental in building the current Baseball outfield wall, the previous scoreboard, chair back seating, fixtures in the Roy room, the Game Day Sponsor board and the Box seats down the 1st and 3rd base line. I helped put together and worked pressure washing Baseballs stadium and fence, tracks concreted areas and tennis and softball.

Many of you helped with these projects and others, and we ALL deserve some sort of answer, something.

I think something is being done behind the scene and all will be, Louisiana!

you damn right daddycjun

I'm going to keep bumping this until we get a response as this issue needs to stay in the forefront.

Still no response to my last two e-mails, one of which was sent prior to the weekend to make him aware of fans unease with rumors of just such a move.

Did Stevie P address it this morning?

12. Default Re: dr. E. Joseph Savoie

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    No

Need Savoie's email.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Turb, YES he DID bring it up late in his show. He specifically said that the PA was instructed to NOT say "Louisiana." Steve said he didn't know WHY or by WHO, and he was just as miffed as everyone else, since the game was at OUR stadium! He said he could see if we were "hosting" a conference tournament MAYBE, but he saw NO reason for the capitulation.

Foote just said he will be discussing the "Louisiana" controversy shortly

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information