Thread: Official Name

Default Official Name

. is not "T-Joe." Use of nicknames not allowed here.

Please refer to him as Dr. Joseph Savoie from here on out.

Default Re: Official Name

How about spineless?

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    . is not "T-Joe." Use of nicknames not allowed here.

Please refer to him as Dr. Joseph Savoie from here on out.
    Joseph is not his first name.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Joseph is not his first name.
    Well whatever it is, insert that! Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Redgineer View Post
    How about spineless?
    My vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Redgineer View Post
    How about spineless?
    You may be right, but I hope you're wrong. A response would help his case a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    Well whatever it is, insert that! Haha
    E. ???

Dr. E. Joseph Savoie. an Alumni, and one who at one time was put in charge of changing our regional status to a national school, who ran the board of regents under several governors, who obviously loves this university and who has countless hours working for its advancement, PLEASE make a public announcement or statement, on why YOU, of all people, refuse to let us be called Louisiana at athletic events? is it Louisiana politics threatening you personally, threatening the school financially. I can't think of any other reason YOU did not allow the announcer last night say "another Louisiana first down". It was pathetically embarassing last night that YOU made us look like a regional school that "knows its place", and not one attempting to become a nationally recognized school that you once fought for. Why? What Made you do this. We deserve an accounting.

9. Default Re: Official Name

My wife, after staying up with her mom in LC at the hospital, watched the game on TV and said it was all Louisiana w/o the Lafayette and the opponent was Louisiana-Monroe----Poor baby was so tired I don't know???? Anybody watch the game??? She also said that Scott Farmer had a huge F deL with Louisiana on his shirt for the interview!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    My wife, after staying up with her mom in LC at the hospital, watched the game on TV and said it was all Louisiana w/o the Lafayette and the opponent was Louisiana-Monroe----Poor baby was so tired I don't know???? Anybody watch the game??? She also said that Scott Farmer had a huge F deL with Louisiana on his shirt for the interview!!!
    I watched, it was UL Lafayette or Cajuns. Probably the biggest game at cajunfield since HUD got here and we ____ our pants in every possible aspect. But we got that glorious matchup against Tulane to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Farmer was fantastic in his half time interview. Best damn white Louisiana jacket I have ever seen. If anyone has any clue where I can buy it, I want it. But farmer was well prepared and confident and they did a huge thing on master plan. Best I have seen Scott on camera. ULMs AD looked like a bumbling idiot after following Farner.

Quote Originally Posted by bjc6267 View Post
    Farmer was fantastic in his half time interview. Best damn white Louisiana jacket I have ever seen. If anyone has any clue where I can buy it, I want it. But farmer was well prepared and confident and they did a huge thing on master plan. Best I have seen Scott on camera. ULMs AD looked like a bumbling idiot after following Farner.
    Good for Farmer, but what I don't understand is how he's bold enough to wear a Louisiana shirt on TV but we can't say "Louisiana first down" in our own stadium against a school who we are in direct competition with regarding what we want to be called.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Good for Farmer, but what I don't understand is how he's bold enough to wear a Louisiana shirt on TV but we can't say "Louisiana first down" in our own stadium against a school who we are in direct competition with regarding what we want to be called.
    That's the thing. We're not in competition with them over this thing. They like "ULM." They plaster "ULM" all over their field and everywhere else.

We're in competition with our administration over the name, and that's our ONLY competition.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    That's the thing. We're not in competition with them over this thing. They like "ULM." They plaster "ULM" all over their field and everywhere else.

We're in competition with our administration over the name, and that's our ONLY competition.
    Not entirely true. "Competition" may not describe it best since, as you correctly point out, they use ulm. However, they are the biggest impediment to the use of Louisiana as a reference by our conference and media outlets such as ESPN.

I do agree that we are in a battle with our admin. That was a gutless move by Savoie.

Quote Originally Posted by irokcj5 View Post
    Dr. E. Joseph Savoie. an Alumni, and one who at one time was put in charge of changing our regional status to a national school, who ran the board of regents under several governors, who obviously loves this university and who has countless hours working for its advancement, PLEASE make a public announcement or statement, on why YOU, of all people, refuse to let us be called Louisiana at athletic events? is it Louisiana politics threatening you personally, threatening the school financially. I can't think of any other reason YOU did not allow the announcer last night say "another Louisiana first down". It was pathetically embarassing last night that YOU made us look like a regional school that "knows its place", and not one attempting to become a nationally recognized school that you once fought for. Why? What Made you do this. We deserve an accounting.
    He is a politician/bureaucrat. That's all any of us need to know.

Thread Information