Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ragin' Cajuns Accept R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl Invitation

1. Ragin' Cajuns Ragin' Cajuns Accept R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl Invitation

For the third year in a row, the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns football team will be bowling in New Orleans after formally receiving an invitation to the R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl following Saturday's home game _vs. ULM. _ The Cajuns will play a yet to be determined opponent from Conference USA on Saturday, Dec. 21 beginning at 8:00 p.m. CST in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans.

Homes SO Clean

2. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Accept R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl Invitation

I remember the good old days when this type of event was held at the Indoor Practice Facility or on a stage at the 50 yard line of The Real Swamp.

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Accept R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl Invitation

Well, I think the plan was to do it in front of the fans at the end of the game. They whole group was in front of section C at end of the game. All of a sudden poof, they were out of sight.

That picture in the news release said a 1,000 words. See anybody smiling? Can't polish that t*rd of a game enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    That picture in the news release said a 1,000 words. See anybody smiling? Can't polish that t*rd of a game enough.
    Thought the exact same thing when I saw the pic. They all look very happy to be going to New Orleans. Even Hud has the fakest half smile I have ever seen.

5. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Accept R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl Invitation

It's the loss not the destination.

In my opinion this is the result of waiting, waiting, waiting to see what else is out there.

They should have made the invite during the bye week.

All this waiting and forcing an invite after a loss will cost 3,000 ticket sales.

No shocker and for what its worth . I just received a text from a friend in New Orleans who is "close to the NO Bowl". He said that Tulane will be getting their offer Monday.

Wow! We are excited! Nola bowl is a good spot, but our guys would rather talk about anything else after that performance.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Well, I think the plan was to do it in front of the fans at the end of the game. They whole group was in front of section C at end of the game. All of a sudden poof, they were out of sight.

The game I was referring to was the ULM game.

9. USL (1960-1983)  (1985-1998) Re: Ragin' Cajuns Accept R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl Invitation

NOLA Bowl offers two teams that lost games in their last effort, how great does that sound?

Press Release: Louisiana and TooLame have accepted offers to the NOLA Bowl 2013 after both lose. TooLame failed in it's attempt to become CUSA champs, but hey they won 7 games agains worthless competition, and UL failed to lock up sole ownership of the SBC, but are still champs of something, and could lock up with a backup quarterback in the season finale at South Alabama.

Both bids were offered in the quite solicitude away from fans in a wake like atmosphere. Both clubs quickly said they were happy to be coming to NOLA 2013.

10. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Accept R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl Invitation

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    NOLA Bowl offers two teams that lost games in their last effort, how great does that sound?

Press Release: Louisiana and TooLame have accepted offers to the NOLA Bowl 2013 after both lose. TooLame failed in it's attempt to become CUSA champs, but hey they won 7 games agains worthless competition, and UL failed to lock up sole ownership of the SBC, but are still champs of something, and could lock up with a backup quarterback in the season finale at South Alabama.

Both bids were offered in the quite solicitude away from fans in a wake like atmosphere. Both clubs quickly said they were happy to be coming to NOLA 2013.
    Wow that is anti climatic.

How cool would it have been to get the invite at a party during the bye week.

Then the players could have focused on a pure conference championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Wow that is anti climatic.

How cool would it have been to get the invite at a party during the bye week.

Then the players could have focused on a pure conference championship.

OK, so things didn't go as well as expected last night. I'm not happy about it either. But, we do have a game to win next weekend. Broadway may possibly be out for USA and the NO Bowl, but Haak was very successful at a large high school in Texas and has had two years in the system with "some" game experience. He'll get the snaps this week and the offense will be tailored around him. He'll have good backs, a good line, and we know that he can pass. We may see a little different brand of ball, but I think we may like it.
    Also, for all of the trash that we've been talking about Tulane, they came within 4 points of beating Rice in Houston yesterday. We may not be exactly "who we thought we were", and they seem to be better than we give them credit for. We've been looking down on other teams and under estimating them for a while now. It's time to focus and take care of business, or we'll get the same result as last night. And, I cannot take that again.

Scott Kushner (@ScottDKushner) tweeted at 1:15 PM on Mon, Dec 02, 2013:

SOURCE: The announcement will be made at 11 a.m. on Tuesday, confirming #Tulane vs. ULL in the New Orleans Bowl.

I am not excited about this game/matchup at all, but it is a huge game. No doubt, we took a hit in recruiting in the state after a putrid performance and loss to ULM. If we lay a turd against South AL and lose to Tulane, it is quite possible that all of the work that has been done by HUD over the last 2 1/2 years will be undone.

We should have announced the bowl while ULM was celebrating their Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    I am not excited about this game/matchup at all, but it is a huge game. No doubt, we took a hit in recruiting in the state after a putrid performance and loss to ULM. If we lay a turd against South AL and lose to Tulane, it is quite possible that all of the work that has been done by HUD over the last 2 1/2 years will be undone.

I don't think that is accurate or fair to coach HUD or the players. What we've seen in the last 3 years is amazing! Not only did HUD change the direction of the football program he changed the mindset of the community. If the scenario you gave plays out, then that means there is more work to be done, players to sign, and get ready for next year to continue the dream. I'm not about to jump off this wagon! In success there are always bumps along the path. Champions adapt and overcome.so take it back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information