Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: NOLABowl

Default Re: NOLABowl

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    Godaddy and Indy will have much better opponents. Indy is a New Years Eve game, and last time I checked that is when the prime time for bowl games are. Indy WILL still be open. They take SEC #10, 10 teams available, 2 teams in BCS open up Indy, and I don't see how the BCS doesn't take 2 SEC teams. Missy sucks, and the bowl sucks, but it's a chance to play an AQ team in prime time.
    But that bowl is early in the day and wont have a good TV audience, much of the country works that day

I have to think, the earlier the better. More time for people to make travel plans would have to lead to a bigger crowd? Especially to draw in more alums who may live out of state now.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    MAC teams betteron the field, maybe. Do we recruit in Kentucky? Or do we recruit in New Orleans? The perception of the program would not change if we beat ball state, bowling green or Tulane like it would beating a power 5. So if you can't play a power 5, you play the team next in line with the most pros.that's Tulane in New Orleans. I would have been a for playing niu in mobile but to give up the perfect date, time and location to play bowling green? Don't think so. We recruit New Orleans heavily and we go head to head with Tulane on a lot of kids. I don't understand how some people don't understand who and what we are right now. Or more specifically who and what we aren't. We don't have a ton of leverage when it comes to bowls outside of the Nola bowl. We are still in the sunbelt which is perceived as the worst conference whether it's true on the field or not. Power 5 conferences have absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose by playing teams like us in a bowl. You don't think they would go everything in their power to not play a sunbelt team in a bowl? What would Boston college or Maryland gain by playing us? It's not the ideal opponent but it is what it is. I guess it would be better to get started on another 40 year bowl drought, that was really fun and great for the program.
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Louisiana high school players can attend the New Orleans Bowl.

Since Louisiana leads nation in NFL players per capita, I don't know why anyone would want to play anywhere else.

http://theadvocate.com/sports/genera.on-in-nfl.html

This too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Blah Blah Blah

Lets assume you are right (Which we don't unless we wait it out and find out), then the same thing will happen next year if we finish 11-1 or 10-2, so we should just set our NO bowl reservations for nola every year as long aswe are part of the Belt. This will be as good as it gets.

Thats the last thing I'm saying about this so y'all have a good day.
    Clutch.you make some good points, but our current conference affiliation IS the problem when it comes to bowl games. Until we change that, we can only hope for a BCS buster season. That's it! If each conference has enough bowl eligible teams, and we are not a buster team, then all we can look forward to is the NOLA, GoDaddy and the Camelia starting next year.

We all need to be more patient.

It's official -- UL VS TULANE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oldalum View Post
    It's official -- UL VS TULANE!!!!
    Source?

Reading comprehension: this story does actually say anything different. It's a report that someone else reported that we are probably playing Tulane.

If you think an ACC team has the power to keep us out of the I bowl, you need a catscan.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    If you think an ACC team has the power to keep us out of the I bowl, you need a catscan.
    It's not an acc team, it's the conference. And yes, being a power 5 conference they have the power to keep us out. Latech kept us out when they were in the WAC. I guess HUD and farmer just rather play Tulane in Nola than an acc team in I bowl, we must have turned them down.

How you gonna like it if we get into cusa and play a sunbelt team in the Nola bowl. As long as we are bowl eligible we will always be Nola bowls most desired team.which is a good thing.
    I totally forgot that moving to cusa could still make NOLA our best option.

I said it on Facebook and say it here. What a let down. We play toolame anytime we want. Was looking for a named school from outside the area. This is no way to advance our program. All we are going to do is make other belt schools rich.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: NOLABowl

Nola bowl does not have to take the champ.
    you, sir, are correct! the stipulation among the powers that be is that the champ be invited somewhere.

Ya'll act like we can just pick and choose where we go bowling. We can't. I'm sure we can try to negotiate behind the scenes a bit but at the end of the day the decision is not ours to make.

I for one am really excited to go bowling. I'm really excited to beat up on Tulane in their own house. December 20th is going to be a great day for Cajun football.

Cheer up you bunch of goofballs.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information