Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread: NOLABowl

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Simple.win Saturday and wait till the next week to find out which bowl opportunities are out there. We win this weekend and the bowl is guaranteed,so why should we accept an invite before we know what else might be available.
    Stick around after the game and you will find out where we are going.

Default Re: NOLABowl

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Stick around after the game and you will find out where we are going.
    I know whats going to happen.I don't agree with it though. If we are guaranteed a bowl game, there is zero reason to accept when you could have a better opportunity.

I know whats going to happen.I don't agree with it though. If we are guaranteed a bowl game, there is zero reason to accept when you could have a better opportunity.
    That worked out real well for LTUR last year.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Tech didn't win their conference and was not guaranteed a bowl game. We win Saturday and we are GUARANTEED a bowl game. It is in no way shape or form the same situation as Tech. People who make that correlation do not know what they are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I think Clutch is saying since the NOLA bowl must take the SBC champ (I think he's assuming we'll beat ULM and USA), we should have waited to see what the GoDaddy and Independence bowl would have looked like, before accepting the guaranteed NOLA bowl invitation.

LaTech wasn't guaranteed a spot anywhere, and they should have accepted the I-Bowl invite.

Edit: post was a little late

Unless we now know that all other "better" opportunities are gone. Then you accept your invite and start trying to sell 25k tickets for our bowl game in 3 weeks. I've been one of the first to criticize the administration in the past but I think they have done what they need in this situation. If there was a "better" option on the table, HUD would take it. Like I said earlier, it's pretty much gotten out the ACC all but refused to play a sunbelt team and HUD probably would only go to mobile to play niu from the MAC.

Quote Originally Posted by ULBouzi View Post
    I think Clutch is saying since the NOLA bowl must take the SBC champ (I think he's assuming we'll beat ULM and USA), we should have waited to see what the GoDaddy and Independence bowl would have looked like, before accepting the guaranteed NOLA bowl invitation.

LaTech wasn't guaranteed a spot anywhere, and they should have accepted the I-Bowl invite.

Nola bowl does not have to take the champ.

Quote Originally Posted by ULBouzi View Post

We beat ULM and we have a share of the conference title and we beat ASU so we get the bowl. The USA game will lock up an outright title but will not have any affect on the bowl tie in.

Nola bowl does not have to take the champ.
    No but the conference champ has to have a bowl.

Unless we now know that all other "better" opportunities are gone. Then you accept your invite and start trying to sell 25k tickets for our bowl game in 3 weeks. I've been one of the first to criticize the administration in the past but I think they have done what they need in this situation. If there was a "better" option on the table, HUD would take it. Like I said earlier, it's pretty much gotten out the ACC all but refused to play a sunbelt team and HUD probably would only go to mobile to play niu from the MAC.
    We wont know if there is a better opportunity until we know which bowls will be open. We do not know that at this moment. Indy could still be open with 2 SEC teams going to bcs games.

No but the conference champ has to have a bowl.
    Correct

We wont know if there is a better opportunity until we know which bowls will be open. We do not know that at this moment. Indy could still be open with 2 SEC teams going to bcs games.
    It's not up to us, acc will be in the Indy and they refuse to play sunbelt team. If latech can keep us out from the WAC, you don't think a power 5 conference who actually owns the tie in can keep us out? It doesn't matter if the sec spot is open, acc doesn't want that spot filled with a sunbelt team.

It's not up to us, acc will be in the Indy and they refuse to play sunbelt team. If latech can keep us out from the WAC, you don't think a power 5 conference who actually owns the tie in can keep us out? It doesn't matter if the sec spot is open, acc doesn't want that spot filled with a sunbelt team.
    Blah Blah Blah

Lets assume you are right (Which we don't unless we wait it out and find out), then the same thing will happen next year if we finish 11-1 or 10-2, so we should just set our NO bowl reservations for nola every year as long aswe are part of the Belt. This will be as good as it gets.

Thats the last thing I'm saying about this so y'all have a good day.

Blah Blah Blah

Lets assume you are right (Which we don't unless we wait it out and find out), then the same thing will happen next year if we finish 11-1 or 10-2, so we should just set our NO bowl reservations for nola every year as long aswe are part of the Belt. This will be as good as it gets.

Thats the last thing I'm saying about this so y'all have a good day.
    Each year is different with the amount of bowl eligible teams and number of bowls. Last year acc and sec couldn't fill Indy slots . Maybe next year that happens and big 12 has extra teams. Next year the American doesn't have an AQ slot. Maybe next year we are ranked at 11-1 after hopefully finishing 11-2 this year. For this year it appears everything worked out and pointed us to New Orleans. It's funny a week or so ago HUD and admin and Nola bowl were keeping all their options open, now we are on the verge of accepting the Nola bowl (some sources reporting it's done) and you think no new information has come about? Sounds like Indy and the acc already have their backup plan that doesn't involve the sunbelt. Niu in mobile is out because even if they don't get in bcs.MAC champ is in Detroit this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    BTW, one of the most recent comments on the Toolame message board (only a couple of comments a day as it is) is already making excuses for poor attendance at the Bowl because it takes place after final exams so their student turnout will be low.
    Do any bowls take place during school?? Isn't after better than during?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread Information