Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: NOLABowl

1. Default Re: NOLABowl

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I expect we will play Tulane because I don't see them beating Rice and I don't see Tech beating UTSA.

If it were up to me, I'd play Tulane every year! Would rather rivalry games with them and Tech, than who we are playing Saturday.

Building this program is about establishing a winning tradition. We have started on that path, but 3 years doesn't = tradition. We have a ways to go, but we have to keep winning, even if that means without Hud. So, as I've stated before, the best way to keep winning is to get better players and beating in-state teams/rivals is the best way to recruit better in-state.
    I don't doubt for a second that New Orleans Bowl exposure helped land Elijah McGuire.

Default Re: NOLABowl

This gonna be a year when someone stays home. Remember when we had to be that team? Not being one of those teams is awesome. I'm pleased as punch we got invited and accepted another NOLA Bowl bid.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    This gonna be a year when someone stays home. Remember when we had to be that team? Not being one of those teams is awesome. I'm pleased as punch we got invited and accepted another NOLA Bowl bid.
    +42,000 (+,-)

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL cant fall into this NO Bowl rut. Unless we knock off a big boy and as long as we are in the ____ty conference it will always be us against a second rate opponent in the NO Bowl. 2014.We cant do this 4 years in a row we just cantThis year.We deserve a shot at N Illinois or a BCS school. Having SBC next to our name kills us.

I am oksy with us pounding the hell out of Tool=lame. They are arrogant _____s and deserve the sendoff.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    UL cant fall into this NO Bowl rut. Unless we knock off a big boy and as long as we are in the ____ty conference it will always be us against a second rate opponent in the NO Bowl. 2014.We cant do this 4 years in a row we just cantThis year.We deserve a shot at N Illinois or a BCS school. Having SBC next to our name kills us.

I am oksy with us pounding the hell out of Tool=lame. They are arrogant _____s and deserve the sendoff.

Z
    How you gonna like it if we get into cusa and play a sunbelt team in the Nola bowl. As long as we are bowl eligible we will always be Nola bowls most desired team.which is a good thing.

Who do you think will get left out this year??

People keep saying next year but why will it be any different? The Sunbelt will have 1 more bowl tie in but that tie in will still be against a crap team. Say we finish next year, 10-2, we will still be in the same situation as this year.

If we win Saturday that means we are guaranteed a sunbelt bowl so why accept a bowl invite now. Win Saturday and wait it out. If we can get a better opponent, take it, if not accept the NO Bowl.

I am happy to go bowling but I'd much rather go to Mobile or Indy, if we have an opportunity to play a better opponent.

8. Default Re: NOLABowl

New Orleans Bowl payouts will be going up soon.

Just a prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    How you gonna like it if we get into cusa and play a sunbelt team in the Nola bowl. As long as we are bowl eligible we will always be Nola bowls most desired team.which is a good thing.
    I'm ok because it is always the #1 or #2 team in the Sunbelt which is typically a good opponent, but CUSA sends their last place team, or whoever they like least to the New Orleans bowl. Tulane is complete garbage and really puts a wet blanket over what should be a reward for the best team in school history. The only team I'd rather Tulane over is FAU, give me MT, UNT, Rice, Marshall, or hell, I'd take UTSA over Tulane. I want to play a school with fans that average into double digits.

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    I'm ok because it is always the #1 or #2 team in the Sunbelt which is typically a good opponent, but CUSA sends their last place team, or whoever they like least to the New Orleans bowl. Tulane is complete garbage and really puts a wet blanket over what should be a reward for the best team in school history. The only team I'd rather Tulane over is FAU, give me MT, UNT, Rice, Marshall, or hell, I'd take UTSA over Tulane. I want to play a school with fans that average into double digits.
    First, your place of finish in the conference does not dictate you bowl selection. It's not your rank, that bowl simply gets that pick. The Nola bowl has the #1 pick but of we finished 4th in conference they could still select us, as long as the champion is placed somewhere. If we go to cusa, most likely it wouldn't be alone, probably asu with us. So would you be ok playing ULM or Troy on the Nola bowl? Or would that be any better than Tulane? Is Tulane ideal? No, but I'd take it over ant former conference mate. For recruiting in this state, embarrassing Tulane on the field and in the stands will go a long way. Curtis Johnson is a really good recruiter, regardless of how much people want to crap on Tulane, we are recruiting against them.a lot. UTSA is not eligible for a bowl unless they wouldn't have enough bowl eligible teams and they get an exemption. In our current position, getting a "better bowl" is out of our control. We would need to have other conferences fall short. For example, the only reason the Indy was in place last year is because both the acc and sec fell short. This year it appears the sec would fall short but the acc does not want to play a sunbelt team. The Indy will accommodate the conference they are tied in with before us. Off acc fell short, you would expect the sec to have the same stance. I don't think people realize just how much of this is not up to us at all. Enjoy going to the f'n Nola bowl and parting for 3 days a kickin the _____ out of whoever they put in front of us.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Conf USA sends whomever is left to NO. Not the number 1, 2, 3 or even 4. Champ gets fed ex in Memphis against BCS.

Next year will be HUDs best team to date. If we are having this same discussion a year from now we are doing it wrong.

I will never forgive Tech and the I-bowl jerk offs who blocked a 6-5 Cajuns team from playing Tech in the Indy bowl that year. I care not what excuses the Tech people make. They wanted nothing to do with Des and Fenroy that year and took a crappy 6-6 NIU team instead. Imagine the tickets they could have sold had it been us. While the I bowl struggles to sell tickets to fill that glorified high school stadium, I hope they regret their decision until the end of time. I firmly believe had they not gotten advocare as a sponsor that the I- bowl would have ceased to exist.

I ain't mad though.

Conf USA sends whomever is left to NO. Not the number 1, 2, 3 or even 4. Champ gets fed ex in Memphis against BCS.

Next year will be HUDs best team to date. If we are having this same discussion a year from now we are doing it wrong.
    Cusa doesn't send anyone anywhere. Southern miss went to Hawaii instead of liberty as champion. The #'s next to conference tie ins aren't rankings, it's order of selection. Until this year cusa hasn't placed anyone in Nola since 2009

Z.if we are still in the SBC, which is 99.9999999% sure of being the case, we will be in the same situation next year, IF we have a similar record. BUT, if we have a better record say 11-1 with a win over Miss. or better, a 12-0 record, then we are looking at BCS buster status. Otherwise, we just have to get out of this conference because its the bottom of the pecking order and I don't see it getting better anytime soon.

We can play the waiting game. I think we would probably do that next year if things are shaping up similar to this year, but it's risky.

Can anyone confirm that UL has accepted the NOLA bowl invite that the New Orleans Advocate is reporting that "a source close to the bowl confirmed"

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information