Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: NOLABowl

Default NOLABowl

Just noticed from KATC Tulane sports reporter Scott Kushner announced on twitter UL agreed in principle to return for 3rd straight New Orleans Bowl, will likely face Tulane .
    www.Theneworleansadvocate.com/sports/7708267

Default Re: NOLABowl

I wonder if we ever considered the I BOWL or it was all talk?

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    We probably were looking at it as a possibility. But Mullen and the bulldogs closed that option last night.

I seriously do not want to play Tulane
    We played them last year and we will play them again in 2016

I would love to go to the I Bowl or the GoDaddy. Gives us diversity in our resume. Going to Nola again just seems like more of the same, the easy route. Don't get me wrong, I'm not latech and I'm not going to turn down the Nola bowlI just think if we want to continue to grow and get national attention we should differentiate. Maybe we go to the I Bowl and play a bigger opponent and lose. That would suck, but if we compteted to the best of our ability I think it would look stronger than a home game in Nola against a same ol' same ol' kinda team.

i say take the NOLA bowl all the way.attendance there(even though its in state) will eventually get UL in a bigger/better bowl

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    I considered it. but I have to admit. I was just bluffing.

Seriously, I'm sure the I Bowl was serious about us being one of their primary backup plans. And I'm sure our admin did evaluate the pros and cons of our options. By maintaining "talks" for as long as you can, even with the small options leverage we had, we may have increased our benefits with the NO Bowl. Maybe. maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwarhawks23 View Post
    i say take the NOLA bowl all the way.attendance there(even though its in state) will eventually get UL in a bigger/better bowl
    Yes, we always appreciate advice on attendance from fans of a team that had to count a "home game" in Little Rock, Arkansas.

SUCK IT, HOAX !!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by suprcajun View Post
    We probably were looking at it as a possibility. But Mullen and the bulldogs closed that option last night.
    I thought this also then I did the math.
    SEC will have 10 Bowl Eligible teams.
    BCS will most probably take 1, which leaves 9.
    I Bowl gets 10th SEC Team.
    That means if BAMA goes to BCS National Championship, I Bowl is still open.
    I don't think the Cajuns will wait though, and will go ahead and take the NOLA bowl.

As stated, above the Independence Bowl is no longer open because with the MSU win last night, the SEC will be able to provide a contracted team. We no longer need to discuss the I-Bowl, it ain't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by ULalum06 View Post
    I would love to go to the I Bowl or the GoDaddy.

Quote Originally Posted by ULalum06 View Post
    I would love to go to the I Bowl or the GoDaddy. Gives us diversity in our resume. Going to Nola again just seems like more of the same, the easy route. Don't get me wrong, I'm not latech and I'm not going to turn down the Nola bowlI just think if we want to continue to grow and get national attention we should differentiate. Maybe we go to the I Bowl and play a bigger opponent and lose. That would suck, but if we compteted to the best of our ability I think it would look stronger than a home game in Nola against a same ol' same ol' kinda team.
    Next year is setting up to be a banner year for possibly bigger bowl consideration. We need to set another record crowd a
    Nd get a win in New Orleans. Then use that and new construction to boost recruiting. As a long time UL supporter, I do not get spoiled easily. I am pumped for the New Orleans Bowl and can't wait to get there with our group and stay at The Royal Sonesta on Bourbon!!!! Geaux Cajuns!!!

13. Default Re: NOLABowl

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwarhawks23 View Post
    I agree, the opponent will be different every year.

Once UL makes it to a BCS bowl it will be part of every fans annual budget.

I expect we will play Tulane because I don't see them beating Rice and I don't see Tech beating UTSA.

If it were up to me, I'd play Tulane every year! Would rather rivalry games with them and Tech, than who we are playing Saturday.

Building this program is about establishing a winning tradition. We have started on that path, but 3 years doesn't = tradition. We have a ways to go, but we have to keep winning, even if that means without Hud. So, as I've stated before, the best way to keep winning is to get better players and beating in-state teams/rivals is the best way to recruit better in-state.

You are right, and this point even if Bama gets a loss which would mean someone else is SEC champ, Bama would still get an at large BCS spot and the Indy bowl would still be open.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information