Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: NOLABowl

Quote Originally Posted by 82Cajun View Post
    I was told by my friend who is on another bowl committee and he told me 2 weeks ago that is was a done deal that UL was going to play Tulame in the New Orleans Bowl. I told him he was full of sht and that Tulame sucked and played a weak freaking schedule. All Tulame is doing is trying to improve their football team at our expense. Why in the hell are we indebted to the New Orleans Bowl. All they are trying to do is make money bottom line. If this is in fact true that we are playing a lame Tulane team, then I am seriously thinking about watching the game at home on my tv I refuse to be held hostage. If this bowl is all we can ever hope to achieve, then this is outright pathetic and Scott Farmer needs to get off his as and get us into another conference and NOT THE CUSA.
    If you're RCAF, can I have your tics? Need more for my group. Enjoy the game from your couch. I'll be in NO supporting our team in the dome

Default Re: NOLABowl

TOTALLY AGREE !!!!! A RESUME' IS BUILT OVER TIME !!!!!! step by step, foot by foot, WE ARE ADVANCING !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    And BTW, Tulane isn't a bad football team this year. They beat North Texas and a really good East Carolina team. If we don't bring our best game we won't win.

I'm sorry but we're not head and shoulders above ANY bowl eligible team out there.
    stAte is better than ECU and WKU is better than UNT. Even with that, They lost to USA, UTSA, and a downright AWFUL FAU team. CUSA is the worst conference in America this season. If the SBC had a better Bowl schedule and more TV revenue then I would be more than fine telling CUSA screw themselves. I believe UL or stAte would have won that conference, and WKU, Troy, and Texas State would have competed for their divisions and all been bowling this year competing with the lineup they fielded this year.

And to clarify, I'm not saying that I won't go to the New Orleans bowl, but I don't have to pretend to be excited about this matchup. If the Cajuns take the game seriously, it will be over by halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    stAte is better than ECU and WKU is better than UNT. Even with that, They lost to USA, UTSA, and a downright AWFUL FAU team. CUSA is the worst conference in America this season. If the SBC had a better Bowl schedule and more TV revenue then I would be more than fine telling CUSA screw themselves. I believe UL or stAte would have won that conference, and WKU, Troy, and Texas State would have competed for their divisions and all been bowling this year competing with the lineup they fielded this year.
    No, ECU has a good team this year. They're 9-3, ranked in the mid 30's in the computer rankings (we're in the upper 50's,) they beat NC State, and UNC, etc. Ark. State isn't close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    It's not an acc team, it's the conference. And yes, being a power 5 conference they have the power to keep us out. Latech kept us out when they were in the WAC. I guess HUD and farmer just rather play Tulane in Nola than an acc team in I bowl, we must have turned them down.
    Last time I checked, advocareV100 hands out bowl invites. I'm not saying the ACC isn't influential, but they don't know jack____ about what we can bring to games. The I bowl was salivating at the opportunity to invite us. THEY know what we can bring.

Just too bad we probably won't get to see that opportunity

Also for 2 years in a row we will not only look good to cusa but are also showcasing ourselves to the American conference twice now with both opponents leaving cusa for the American. 2 birds with 1 stone.
    This I definitely agree with

We want to improve our standing and get better bowl opportunities, we need to start getting W's against the Arkansas's and K-State's on our schedules on a regular basis. An OUTRIGHT conference title or two would be nice too. And getting out of the "perceived" worst conference in the country wouldn't hurt either. Boise St., TCU, Fresno, etc. didn't get where they are over night. I, myself, am thrilled to be playing in ANY bowl game given our previous 40 year drought.

As a side note, I just spent the last week in Walt Disney World with my family. Not a day went by we didn't see someone in UL gear. We are moving in the right direction, but it takes time.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    Last time I checked, advocareV100 hands out bowl invites. I'm not saying the ACC isn't influential, but they don't know jack____ about what we can bring to games. The I bowl was salivating at the opportunity to invite us. THEY know what we can bring.

Just too bad we probably won't get to see that opportunity
    In all honesty I'm sure the ACC doesn't want us because they're terrified of losing to a Sun Belt school.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I have nothing to add to this thread. Read crazycajun and CajunRebel and they sum up the facts pretty well.

This thread was so nutsy, I thought I had my thong on backwards.

Also for 2 years in a row we will not only look good to cusa but are also showcasing ourselves to the American conference twice now with both opponents leaving cusa for the American. 2 birds with 1 stone.
    this

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

And BTW, Tulane isn't a bad football team this year. They beat North Texas and a really good East Carolina team. If we don't bring our best game we won't win.

I'm sorry but we're not head and shoulders above ANY bowl eligible team out there.
    Tulane is horrid, foolas is the rest of CUSA this year. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by 82Cajun View Post
    I was told by my friend who is on another bowl committee and he told me 2 weeks ago that is was a done deal that UL was going to play Tulame in the New Orleans Bowl. I told him he was full of sht and that Tulame sucked and played a weak freaking schedule. All Tulame is doing is trying to improve their football team at our expense. Why in the hell are we indebted to

the New Orleans Bowl. All they are trying to do is make money bottom line. If this is in fact true that we are playing a lame Tulane team, then I am seriously thinking about watching the game at home on my tv I refuse to be held hostage. If this bowl is all we can ever hope to achieve, then this is outright pathetic and Scott Farmer needs to get off his as and get us into another conference and NOT THE CUSA.
    Some people on this board think that going to Nola bowl every year to play Tulane, FAU, North Texas etc. is the best way to advance the program. I would say " If I was fan of a high school program like West Monroe or Acadiana I might agree."

My goals for UL is a little higher than playing in the Nola bowl every year. If that is all that will ever become of UL's football program you can kiss HUD goodbye and welcome mediocrity again.

No, ECU has a good team this year. They're 9-3, ranked in the mid 30's in the computer rankings (we're in the upper 50's,) they beat NC State, and UNC, etc. Ark. State isn't close to that.
    They beat an ECU team with 7 starters on the sideline. Good, Bad or average, they were lucky to win that game.

It's not an acc team, it's the conference. And yes, being a power 5 conference they have the power to keep us out. Latech kept us out when they were in the WAC. I guess HUD and farmer just rather play Tulane in Nola than an acc team in I bowl, we must have turned them down.
    The Independence Bowl can not send out invitations until after the SEC Championship game. So Hud nor Farmer turned down playing an ACC team for Tulane. The problem is the Indy can talk numbers, but can't assure UL of a slot at this time until it know for sure the SEC will get 2 BCS Bowls. Then they would fall short in filling the Indy Bowl slot. UL took the sure thing this year and I can't blame them. Now if the Cajuns can get close, or in the TOP 25 next season, Farmer may have to be more patient because most bowls will not send out invitations until after conference championship games.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information