Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: NOLABowl

Default Re: NOLABowl

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStros View Post
    I will never forgive Tech and the I-bowl jerk offs who blocked a 6-5 Cajuns team from playing Tech in the Indy bowl that year. I care not what excuses the Tech people make. They wanted nothing to do with Des and Fenroy that year and took a crappy 6-6 NIU team instead. Imagine the tickets they could have sold had it been us. While the I bowl struggles to sell tickets to fill that glorified high school stadium, I hope they regret their decision until the end of time. I firmly believe had they not gotten advocare as a sponsor that the I- bowl would have ceased to exist.

I ain't mad though.
    Chief Des and Fenroy were the most overrated duo in Cajun history. Cajunfan projected their inflated self worth on Fenroy, rushed for a lot of yards bc ULL played the worst teams in the country on a regular basis. If your team played real programs he would have had about a tenth of his yardage. He couldn't even make an NFL practice squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcneeselegend1 View Post
    Chief Des and Fenroy were the most overrated duo in Cajun history. Cajunfan projected their inflated self worth on Fenroy, rushed for a lot of yards bc ULL played the worst teams in the country on a regular basis. If your team played real programs he would have had about a tenth of his yardage. He couldn't even make an NFL practice squad.
    Neither can Tim tebow.did he suck in college too? You sir are an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Then you don't have a clue if you would rather play a team you have already beaten this year from your own conference. You are right about ECU but that proves cusa doesn't place their last place team in Nola. Southern miss used to go to Nola all the time and they weren't last. It's just funny how people criticize the situation but don't offer any alternative. Would you really rather go to mobile and playing ball state? Bowling green? Bc that's our only other option, could end up being a worse MAC team than that. Last I checked we were going head to head in recruiting with anyone in the MAC. We don't have slim these bowls beating down our door like everyone would like to think. Other teams probably aren't too excited of the idea of playing us in The dome which is virtually a home game for us. We don't even bring as much to a home game. There is so much more that goes into this than pitching a fit and demanding you get what you want. We are still in the sunbelt with 2 tie ins.
    Oh my sweet jesus, read what you are typing. You said that "would you rather face Troy or ULM than Tulane" and I just hit you with 4 SBC teams from this season that are better than Tulane. Hell, USA is a better opponent then Tulane and they proved it. The point is that even with UL not in the conference, there are still decent options as opponents, even if it isnt stAte, UL, or WKU aren't in that pool. The SBC, even with us not in it, their #1 or #2 is better than CUSA #35 or whatever dregg their choosing to send. And if you don't think they look at the New Orleans bowl as a last bowl option, why did the bowl not fill it's slot from the CUSA side for 2 straight seasons. I'll give you a hint, it's because CUSA doesn't care about the New Orleans Bowl like we or the SBC do.

ACC DOESNT WANT TO PLAY A SUNBELT TEAM!! What is so hard to understand about that? NIU will be in bcs, MAC champion goes to Detroit this year.that at best leaves you playing 3rd place MAC team in mobile on horrible date and time. That's it, that's our options.
    NIU will not be in a BCS game this year. Fresno is locking that up.

They were good enough to play D1A ball which is more than any of you Brokebacks can say. Go ____ yourself. You guys just can't quit us.

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    Oh my sweet jesus, read what you are typing. You said that "would you rather face Troy or ULM than Tulane" and I just hit you with 4 SBC teams from this season that are better than Tulane. Hell, USA is a better opponent then Tulane and they proved it. The point is that even with UL not in the conference, there are still decent options as opponents, even if it isnt stAte, UL, or WKU aren't in that pool. The SBC, even with us not in it, their #1 or #2 is better than CUSA #35 or whatever dregg their choosing to send. And if you don't think they look at the New Orleans bowl as a last bowl option, why did the bowl not fill it's slot from the CUSA side for 2 straight seasons. I'll give you a hint, it's because CUSA doesn't care about the New Orleans Bowl like we or the SBC do.
    So wtf is your point? Wtf do you want to do this year? You do realize bowl games don't place conference foes in bowl games right? Wtf do you suggest we do in the 2013-14 bowl season. Not some stupid _____ you make up your head an actual scenario that could play out. So did the Nola bowl fill it's cusa slot with ECU or not? Make up your f'n mind

I was referring to if/when we get into cusa, we would still be Nola bowls first choice just as cusa rep.we would then be playing a sunbelt team in the Nola bowl

NIU will not be in a BCS game this year. Fresno is locking that up.
    What f'n planet are you on? Niu jumped Fresno already in the bcs

So wtf is your point? Wtf do you want to do this year? You do realize bowl games don't place conference foes in bowl games right? Wtf do you suggest we do in the 2013-14 bowl season. Not some stupid _____ you make up your head an actual scenario that could play out. So did the Nola bowl fill it's cusa slot with ECU or not? Make up your f'n mind

I was referring to if/when we get into cusa, we would still be Nola bowls first choice just as cusa rep.we would then be playing a sunbelt team in the Nola bowl
    Ok.I'll say this very slowly.If we were in CUSA.and we were to face a SBC team, In the New Orleans Bowl, it would be better than the other way around. I in no way want us to face a SBC team in a bowl game. Let me repeat it so it doesn't get lost. I DO NOT WANT TO PLAY A SBC TEAM IN A BOWL GAME. I was unaware of NIU jumping Fresno in the BCS Standings, but the MAC is full of teams much better than Tulane. Bowling Green, Ball State, and Toledo just to name 3. We'll see how things play out, but If anyone besides a P5 conference play in the Independence bowl, I will look back at this conversation. With that, I'm done with this conversation.

So what do you suggest we do? Don't just say what you want, explain how we get it
    Simple.win Saturday and wait till the next week to find out which bowl opportunities are out there. We win this weekend and the bowl is guaranteed,so why should we accept an invite before we know what else might be available.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Once again, if we are 11-1 or 12-0 next year and we are destined for the NO Bowl once again. there is a problem.

Z

Thread getting personal now Im out.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a legend in the house!

Ok.I'll say this very slowly.If we were in CUSA.and we were to face a SBC team, In the New Orleans Bowl, it would be better than the other way around. I in no way want us to face a SBC team in a bowl game. Let me repeat it so it doesn't get lost. I DO NOT WANT TO PLAY A SBC TEAM IN A BOWL GAME. I was unaware of NIU jumping Fresno in the BCS Standings, but the MAC is full of teams much better than Tulane. Bowling Green, Ball State, and Toledo just to name 3. We'll see how things play out, but If anyone besides a P5 conference play in the Independence bowl, I will look back at this conversation. With that, I'm done with this conversation.
    Any of the MAC bowl teams are better than Tulane.

I cannot agree with you more on all your points.

MAC teams betteron the field, maybe. Do we recruit in Kentucky? Or do we recruit in New Orleans? The perception of the program would not change if we beat ball state, bowling green or Tulane like it would beating a power 5. So if you can't play a power 5, you play the team next in line with the most pros.that's Tulane in New Orleans. I would have been a for playing niu in mobile but to give up the perfect date, time and location to play bowling green? Don't think so. We recruit New Orleans heavily and we go head to head with Tulane on a lot of kids. I don't understand how some people don't understand who and what we are right now. Or more specifically who and what we aren't. We don't have a ton of leverage when it comes to bowls outside of the Nola bowl. We are still in the sunbelt which is perceived as the worst conference whether it's true on the field or not. Power 5 conferences have absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose by playing teams like us in a bowl. You don't think they would go everything in their power to not play a sunbelt team in a bowl? What would Boston college or Maryland gain by playing us? It's not the ideal opponent but it is what it is. I guess it would be better to get started on another 40 year bowl drought, that was really fun and great for the program.

14. Default Re: NOLABowl

Louisiana high school players can attend the New Orleans Bowl.

Since Louisiana leads nation in NFL players per capita, I don't know why anyone would want to play anywhere else.

http://theadvocate.com/sports/genera.on-in-nfl.html

1). 4,000 career rushing yards even against air is an accomplishment. Your comment shows your Ryan Street High ignorance. (Assuming you are actually a fan of that school)

2). Fenroy put up yards in the money games just like he did against belt schools.

3). What real programs does Mcneese play? A 2 win USF team doesn't count.

4). I suggest you go back and look at some facts before you post on here but I understand that there is no wifi in the hog stables at your joke of a college. Maybe the CC's on Prien Lake Road will let you in after you wash the cow ____ off your _____?

Yeehaw you little _____.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information