Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: NOLABowl

1. Default Re: NOLABowl

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Can anyone confirm that UL has accepted the NOLA bowl invite that the New Orleans Advocate is reporting that "a source close to the bowl confirmed"
    The spoon told them.

UL should say fork over some more soup.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Z.if we are still in the SBC, which is 99.9999999% sure of being the case, we will be in the same situation next year, IF we have a similar record. BUT, if we have a better record say 11-1 with a win over Miss. or better, a 12-0 record, then we are looking at BCS buster status. Otherwise, we just have to get out of this conference because its the bottom of the pecking order and I don't see it getting better anytime soon.

We can play the waiting game. I think we would probably do that next year if things are shaping up similar to this year, but it's risky.
    Rick, if we are 11-1 next year and are in NO again against a 7-4 opponent(unless BCS). There I a problem. 12-0 and there is definitely a major problem.

Fellas understand I think the world of u guys and value your opinions. We just feel differently on this.

Default Re: NOLABowl

BTW, one of the most recent comments on the Toolame message board (only a couple of comments a day as it is) is already making excuses for poor attendance at the Bowl because it takes place after final exams so their student turnout will be low.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Rick, if we are 11-1 next year and are in NO again against a 7-4 opponent(unless BCS). There I a problem. 12-0 and there is definitely a major problem.

Fellas understand I think the world of u guys and value your opinions. We just feel differently on this.
    Thank god I'm not the only one who feels this way. As an 8-4 team playing in these bowls was cool, and I wouldn't even be opposed if our opponent would be either of the 2 teams we faced the past 2 seasons in New Orleans, but I'm sorry to keep pounding this home, but Tulane brings not a damn thing to the table. Sorry if I imagine that our bowl game should be about quality of football and not just about the fans having a vacation before Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    Thank god I'm not the only one who feels this way. As an 8-4 team playing in these bowls was cool, and I wouldn't even be opposed if our opponent would be either of the 2 teams we faced the past 2 seasons in New Orleans, but I'm sorry to keep pounding this home, but Tulane brings not a damn thing to the table. Sorry if I imagine that our bowl game should be about quality of football and not just about the fans having a vacation before Christmas.
    So what do you suggest we do? Don't just say what you want, explain how we get it

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Yes, we always appreciate advice on attendance from fans of a team that had to count a "home game" in Little Rock, Arkansas.

SUCK IT, HOAX !!!!!!!!!!!
    im sure you do like any advice from a fan of a team that wins non conf AQ games.and stop using emoticons.you look like a 12 yo girl using them

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Cusa doesn't send anyone anywhere. Southern miss went to Hawaii instead of liberty as champion. The #'s next to conference tie ins aren't rankings, it's order of selection. Until this year cusa hasn't placed anyone in Nola since 2009
    Not true, they placed ECU in New Orleans last year because they were going AAC and they were forced into a slot they didn't desire. With that said, I'd take WKU, Texas State, stAte, and Troy over Tulane in a bowl game THIS season. Tulane is a bad team with no fans which will make for bad TV and a lackluster bowl experience for the fans.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

So what do you suggest we do? Don't just say what you want, explain how we get it
    Easy, Geaux 12-0 next year!

9. Default Re: NOLABowl

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Easy, Geaux 12-0 next year!
    Brilliant!

I'm all in.

3 years.

0 marquee wins. 0 national rankings.

Fix this before we ask for respect in bowl season.

Heck, even Boise still gets dissed in certain circles. Just the way it is if you are not in a major conference.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwarhawks23 View Post
    im sure you do like any advice from a fan of a team that wins non conf AQ games.and stop using emoticons.you look like a 12 yo girl using them
    Hey, if it makes you feel better while sitting home once again watching UL in another Bowl game, keep talking about those wins because no one else will be talking about them.

I put that advice about messages right down there with your advice about the UL team, name, attendance, etc.

SUCK IT, HOAX ____ !!!!!!!!!!

Not true, they placed ECU in New Orleans last year because they were going AAC and they were forced into a slot they didn't desire. With that said, I'd take WKU, Texas State, stAte, and Troy over Tulane in a bowl game THIS season. Tulane is a bad team with no fans which will make for bad TV and a lackluster bowl experience for the fans.
    Then you don't have a clue if you would rather play a team you have already beaten this year from your own conference. You are right about ECU but that proves cusa doesn't place their last place team in Nola. Southern miss used to go to Nola all the time and they weren't last. It's just funny how people criticize the situation but don't offer any alternative. Would you really rather go to mobile and playing ball state? Bowling green? Bc that's our only other option, could end up being a worse MAC team than that. Last I checked we were going head to head in recruiting with anyone in the MAC. We don't have slim these bowls beating down our door like everyone would like to think. Other teams probably aren't too excited of the idea of playing us in The dome which is virtually a home game for us. We don't even bring as much to a home game. There is so much more that goes into this than pitching a fit and demanding you get what you want. We are still in the sunbelt with 2 tie ins.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwarhawks23 View Post
    i say take the NOLA bowl all the way.attendance there(even though its in state) will eventually get UL in a bigger/better bowl
    I say you can take your split tongue and stay on the ULM scout page.

Godaddy and Indy will have much better opponents. Indy is a New Years Eve game, and last time I checked that is when the prime time for bowl games are. Indy WILL still be open. They take SEC #10, 10 teams available, 2 teams in BCS open up Indy, and I don't see how the BCS doesn't take 2 SEC teams. Missy sucks, and the bowl sucks, but it's a chance to play an AQ team in prime time.

Godaddy and Indy will have much better opponents. Indy is a New Years Eve game, and last time I checked that is when the prime time for bowl games are. Indy WILL still be open. They take SEC #10, 10 teams available, 2 teams in BCS open up Indy, and I don't see how the BCS doesn't take 2 SEC teams. Missy sucks, and the bowl sucks, but it's a chance to play an AQ team in prime time.
    ACC DOESNT WANT TO PLAY A SUNBELT TEAM!! What is so hard to understand about that? NIU will be in bcs, MAC champion goes to Detroit this year.that at best leaves you playing 3rd place MAC team in mobile on horrible date and time. That's it, that's our options.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information