Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hot Boudin Cold Cush Cush Lets Geaux-Cajuns Push! Push! Push!

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    I remember my dad singing “hot boudin cold couche couche, come on bulldogs, push, push, push”. When I tried to look it up, all I could find was LSU fans singing it for the Tigers. ��! So which came first? My dad was a graduate of USL in the 60’s, so it’s been around for a while.
    Dude, there are lots of things I might not know, but this is an easy one: I’ve heard that cheer at UL since at least the late 70’s. I also have some good friends that went to refineryville at the same time so I spent many weekends hanging with them during that same time. Trust me, there was nothing ‘cajun’ there but a bunch of haughty kids making fun of our accents. Their lagniappe days were called ‘Jam-Jam.’
    I first heard them stealing the cheer around the mid/late 80’s after being ‘Cajun’ suddenly became cool. This was also the same time they stole ‘GEAUX’….and around the same time that that fake-Cajun cook on pbs became popular, the one who a lot of people thought was so funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    I remember my dad singing “hot boudin cold couche couche, come on bulldogs, push, push, push”. When I tried to look it up, all I could find was LSU fans singing it for the Tigers. ��! So which came first? My dad was a graduate of USL in the 60’s, so it’s been around for a while.
    No surprise that anything unique about that university or that city is unoriginal. It’s the Applebees of America.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Dude, there are lots of things I might not know, but this is an easy one: I’ve heard that cheer at UL since at least the late 70’s. I also have some good friends that went to refineryville at the same time so I spent many weekends hanging with them during that same time. Trust me, there was nothing ‘cajun’ there but a bunch of haughty kids making fun of our accents. Their lagniappe days were called ‘Jam-Jam.’
    I first heard them stealing the cheer around the mid/late 80’s after being ‘Cajun’ suddenly became cool. This was also the same time they stole ‘GEAUX’….and around the same time that that fake-Cajun cook on pbs became popular, the one who a lot of people thought was so funny.
    It was around since at least 1972 which was my last year of graduate school.

Default Re: Hot Boudin Cold Cush Cush Lets Geaux-Cajuns Push! Push! Push!

Quote Originally Posted by Damon View Post
    My step-mom was doing that cheer in the 60's at her high school in Franklin. I don't think this is exclusively a UL thing.
    We used that at Rayne High too.

When is the soonest anyone remembers the tiggers doing that cheer?

My dad used to say he was Cajun before being Cajun was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    What? I still say that. Lol

8. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Liberty

What? I still say that. Lol
    You can’t just say that and be cool . . . you have your have at least some level of cool to start with . . .

9. Default Re: Hot Boudin Cold Cush Cush Lets Geaux-Cajuns Push! Push! Push!

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    We used that at Rayne High too.
    A lot of high schools adopted college chants back then.

10. Default Re: Hot Boudin Cold Cush Cush Lets Geaux-Cajuns Push! Push! Push!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    A lot of high schools adopted college chants back then.
    A lot of rural schools had no clue what colleges were doing back then. I think they get credit on their own.

11. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    If the library still has any old phone books before the 1960's you won't find any businesses with "Cajuns" in their name.

That says a lot about the influence of UL on the cULture of this State.

ps I did a search 20 years ago.

If the library still has any old phone books before the 1960's you won't find any businesses with "Cajuns" in their name.

That says a lot about the influence of UL on the cULture of this State.

ps I did a search 20 years ago.
    I am not particularly a fan of Justin Wilson. However, I don't think there is any question that his cooking show did much to legitimize, and popularize, Cajun cooking and the Cajun culture in particular.

13. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    I am not particularly a fan of Justin Wilson. However, I don't think there is any question that his cooking show did much to legitimize, and popularize, Cajun cooking and the Cajun culture in particular.
    I "garontee" there is something to that. He never had a Cajun accent though, but here he is in 1961

I "garontee" there is something to that. He never had a Cajun accent though, but here he is in 1961
    Lady and Gentlemans? That’s embarrassing and I can see why families who left Louisiana for Texas changed the way they pronounced their names. There is so much more pride now in claiming to be a part of the Cajun culture.

Why would it be a Louisville thing?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information