Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Our Mascot?

UL Football Our Mascot?

Who do you have to beat down like Rodney King to get rid of the "Chili's Logo reject" of a mascot that we have? I asked this question 13 years ago & we still have an "anthropomorphic embodiment of the Cajun culture" (top ten NCAA worst) mascot. The Cajun chicken will never return due to legal reasons, but can we get a mascot of a Cajun. I do not care if it looks like it walked off the "Waterboy" movie set, just anything better than this. Can we use a small amount of the Tier 1 money to upgrade to a reasonable mascot?

We want to be know as Louisiana, not ULL, or Lafayette or UL-Lafayettebut even our freaking mascot does not match our nickname!!! Aaahhhh!

Default Re: Our Mascot?

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    Who do you have to beat down like Rodney King to get rid of the "Chili's Logo reject" of a mascot that we have? I asked this question 13 years ago & we still have an "anthropomorphic embodiment of the Cajun culture" (top ten NCAA worst) mascot. The Cajun chicken will never return due to legal reasons, but can we get a mascot of a Cajun. I do not care if it looks like it walked off the "Waterboy" movie set, just anything better than this. Can we use a small amount of the Tier 1 money to upgrade to a reasonable mascot?

We want to be know as Louisiana, not ULL, or Lafayette or UL-Lafayettebut even our freaking mascot does not match our nickname!!! Aaahhhh!
    So you want this?

It's better than the giant red suppository we have now!

Went to the Icegator game tonight for the first time in a few years. Every time the gator passed, I couldn't help but think how easily and effectively we could change to a red gator. Name him Louie or Alphonse or Boudreaux or whatever you want. The design floating around RP would be perfect. Kids would love it and it's a mascot that - while not earth-shatteringly original - is identifiable and would be great to turn into a marketing tool. Plush red "Cajuns" alligators would be in kids' bedrooms across Louisiana. Not to mention, it ties into our campus, as we have real, living, reproducing gators in our swamp. That would make a great destination for alumni making the pilgrimage home once the new student union is completed.

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    Went to the Icegator game tonight for the first time in a few years. Every time the gator passed, I couldn't help but think how easily and effectively we could change to a red gator. Name him Louie or Alphonse or Boudreaux or whatever you want. The design floating around RP would be perfect. Kids would love it and it's a mascot that - while not earth-shatteringly original - is identifiable and would be great to turn into a marketing tool. Plush red "Cajuns" alligators would be in kids' bedrooms across Louisiana. Not to mention, it ties into our campus, as we have real, living, reproducing gators in our swamp. That would make a great destination for alumni making the pilgrimage home once the new student union is completed.
    This is a great idea!

6. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Our Mascot?

The red gators are in the works. Biology and computer departments working on infusing the gators with the DNA responsible for the vermilion in the boiled crawfish.

But for the love of God, not a rebirth of Cajun Man. The guy looks like the cross of an oily snake oil salesman and a criminal governor . Oh, yea Acadiana gave birth to both of those.

Love the idea of a Ragin Cajun pet gator named Gumbeaux.

Red Gator is a great idea guys!!!!

Yea I actually like the gator idea

10. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Our Mascot?

Quote Originally Posted by irokcj5 View Post
    Love the idea of a Ragin Cajun pet gator named Gumbeaux.

******* seven stars for that unique name. Way to go irokcj5. Absolute ten on the hit parade.

With the popularity of swamp people, we could get recognition of Ragin Cajuns and a gator

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    ******* seven stars for that unique name. Way to go irokcj5. Absolute ten on the hit parade.
    I like that one as well. Only issue would/could be the Saints' St. Bernard mascot, Gumbo. Roux as an alternative because it has the same Cajun pronunciation and is involved in lots of Cajun cooking, especially gumbo (save for okra gumbos).

13. Default Re: Our Mascot?

Gumbo has been gone for decades. Anyway a gator named gumbeaux vs a St Bernard named Gumbo is too different to worry. Not too keen on roux.

14. Default Re: Our Mascot?

Roux is reserved for recruiting . rec-roux-ting.

"It all begins with the roux"

15. Default Re: Our Mascot?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    ----OK stop --right NOW---please don't mention this but go have the copy write done----NOW---a great idea and I can see the LSUs and the Saints and the rest of the pack using it---NOW!!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information