Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: I Bowl (Shreveport) NOLA Bowl (New Orleans) Go Daddy Bowl (Mobile)

Default I Bowl (Shreveport) NOLA Bowl (New Orleans) Go Daddy Bowl (Mobile)

Starting this new thread to discuss all possibilities and keep it in one central location.
    I will start it off where we carried off:

IBOWL:

"The AdvoCare V100 Bowl will have the sixth pick after the BCS from the ACC and the ninth pick after the BCS from the SEC.
    With eight teams already bowl eligible, the ACC is already locked into the AdvoCare V100 bowl.
    The SEC side is extremely shaky. The conference has nine bowl-eligible teams. Florida (4-6), Mississippi State (4-6) and Tennessee (4-6) can still get to six wins."

Florida is done after losing to GA Southern. MS State is still alive at 5-6 and needs to beat Ole Miss Thurs Night. Tenn needs to beat Vandy and Kentucky to get in the I Bowl.
    If Tenn loses either game, and MISS State loses to Ole Miss Thurs night that would open up a matchup Vs. an ACC TEAM for sure. We may know Thurs. night before the ULM Game.

NOLA Bowl:

It most probably will be Tulane, but maybe Rice. NOLA will pick us for sure after we beat ULM, but I BOWL could ask us as early as Thurs Night before the ULM game if all cards fall into place.

Go Daddy Bowl:

Only way I see us going here is if we get a NIU Top 25 matchup.

Thoughts?

Default Re: I Bowl (Shreveport) NOLA Bowl (New Orleans) Go Daddy Bowl (Mobile)

After watching some of the LAMR v USA game I want no parr of the Godaddy Bowl. I want the cozy confines of the Benz dome.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Starting this new thread to discuss all possibilities and keep it in one central location.
    I will start it off where we carried off:

IBOWL:

"The AdvoCare V100 Bowl will have the sixth pick after the BCS from the ACC and the ninth pick after the BCS from the SEC.
    With eight teams already bowl eligible, the ACC is already locked into the AdvoCare V100 bowl.
    The SEC side is extremely shaky. The conference has nine bowl-eligible teams. Florida (4-6), Mississippi State (4-6) and Tennessee (4-6) can still get to six wins."

Florida is done after losing to GA Southern. MS State is still alive at 5-6 and needs to beat Ole Miss Thurs Night. Tenn needs to beat Vandy and Kentucky to get in the I Bowl.
    If Tenn loses either game, and MISS State loses to Ole Miss Thurs night that would open up a matchup Vs. an ACC TEAM for sure. We may know Thurs. night before the ULM Game.

NOLA Bowl:

It most probably will be Tulane, but maybe Rice. NOLA will pick us for sure after we beat ULM, but I BOWL could ask us as early as Thurs Night before the ULM game if all cards fall into place.

Go Daddy Bowl:

Only way I see us going here is if we get a NIU Top 25 matchup.

Thoughts?

Miss State will not beat Ole Miss. Tennessee will probably win out, filling the last spot from the SEC. If Tenn happens to lose one of their last two and a spot opens in Shreveport, who would probably be the "6th pick after the BCS in the ACC? And how much money do we stand to lose if we don't sell our allotment?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    Miss State will not beat Ole Miss. Tennessee will probably win out, filling the last spot from the SEC. If Tenn happens to lose one of their last two and a spot opens in Shreveport, who would probably be the "6th pick after the BCS in the ACC? And how much money do we sand to lose if we don't sell our allotment?
    It would either be Boston College, Syracuse, Maryland, GA Tech, VA Tech, UNC, Miami, or PITT as one spot from the ACC.
    The IBOWL may also try and get an independent such as Notre Dame to fill the SEC Vacancy.
    The best part is, if we win the conference, we are guaranteed a bowl spot, and could hold out until we know the match up in the IBOWL, and if we don't like it, then NOLA bowl here we come.

Don't think the CUSA rep in the NO Bowl will be anyone we will want to play. Probably some 6-6 or 7-5 Sun Belt defector. Unless the I-Bowl makes some serious concessions (if a spot is even available) we will play in the NO Bowl against someone who will not enhance our resume'. Hope I am wrong.

It would either be Boston College, Syracuse, Maryland, GA Tech, VA Tech, UNC, Miami, or PITT as one spot from the IBOWL is already filled with one of those ACC teams.
    The IBOWL may also try and get an independent such as Notre Dame to fill the SEC Vacancy.
    The best part is, if we win the conference, we are guaranteed a bowl spot, and could hold out until we know the match up in the IBOWL, and if we don't like it, then NOLA bowl here we come.
    BC is 7-4 Eastern Team Currently 3rd in division will end up 8-4 after a win next week vs the orange. Too rich for Shreveport. This team screams Detroit.
    Syracuse, 5-6 Horrible team that even if they win next week, won't be going anywhere,vs BC next weekYawn
    Maryland, 6-5 with one to play, only 2-5 in ACC, Gets win 7 vs NC State, Could be a keeper
    GA Tech.7-4, 5-3 with Georgia left to play. Too rich for I Bowl
    Va Tech, 7-4, 4-3 in ACC with one to play. Very average Va Tech team that might be appealing, they travel very well. Next game is at Virginia, hello win 8, good by Shreveport.
    UNC.Just put 80 on the board today to get to 6 wins. Heels are red hot winning I believe 5 in a row. 4-3 in ACC with on loss to Miami in the last seconds. Doesn't travel that well.Coach is former USM head guy. As appealing as Va Tech, but would be a tough match.Next game is Duke at UNC.
    Miami is 8-3 Forget about this one showing up in Shreveport
    Pitt.6-5, 3-4 in ACC. Plays Miami at home on Friday Afternoon

If Tennessee wins out, That could be an option for the NOLA Bowl as they would probably be the last SEC team to qualify. Tennessee travels really, really well regardless of the record. Mississippi St. needs 1 win, but will the NOLA or I bowl take a 6-6 team. If Tennessee beats Vandy tonight (tied at 7) they only need to beat UKentucky for win number 6.

Tulane.plays Rice next Saturday at Rice. If Rice wins, they'll have 9 w's and a 7-1 conf record.
    Tulane goes to 8-5 with a win vs Rice and 6-2 overall. C-USA has a championship game right? The winner of Tulane v Rice will be in that game if that's the case. Based on past match ups, NOB usually looks for a game with more national appeal or regional appeal. I don't think ESPN would like UL vs Tulane, no one outside of a 2 state area would care.Marshall has a 7-3 overall and a 5-1 conf record. They host ECU on Friday. The other teams in the running in CUSA are North Tex and Middle Tenn. Pardon me while I puke if one of those schools are picked for NOLA.

If the Cajuns defeat ULM Saturday, I Bowl offers with a UNC, Maryland, or Va.Tech. UNC has a huge alumni base in 3 large markets in Charlotte, Greensboro, and the Triangle as well as southern Virginia. Maryland would bring DC and Baltimore Markets. Va Tech, more regional in its appeal. But they travel well.

Cajuns Vs UNC, IBOWL

NO Bowl
    Cajuns vs Marshall unless the herd defeats ECU, then they'll drop to the loser of the Rice/Tulane nerd bowl.

Mobile.I don't see this, I think they take NIU and ESPN makes the call on the opposition. Don't think that doesn't happen, it does.
    Of Course, as is the norm, I'm probably wrong about all of this.

I BOWL update:

ACC - will be an ACC team, we already know that.

SEC - final three: Florida out at 4-7 now, Tenn 4-7 now out after losing to Vandy. Miss St at 5-6 plays Ole Miss Thurs night and will have to beat them to get in. If Miss St loses, that opens up the SEC side for an at large (possibly a UL Invite?)

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I BOWL update:

ACC - will be an ACC team, we already know that.

SEC - final three: Florida out at 4-7 now, Tenn 4-7 now out after losing to Vandy. Miss St at 5-6 plays Ole Miss Thurs night and will have to beat them to get in. If Miss St loses, that opens up the SEC side for an at large (possibly a UL Invite?)
    Id jump on that in a heart beat!! I know Shreveport is a ____hole. There is no debate. I work there on ocassion, its an awful place. The lure of beating a BCS team in a bowl game is too great, though. I will not get juiced over an NT or MT in NO Bowl.

Z

Tulane will not play in NOLA. I think that is pretty much been discussed before. As much as many of us think it is a no brainer, they do not want to play on their home field in a bowl game and do not feel it is a reward for a turnaround season. Now, I personally think its more of not wanting to be embarrassed both in the score and being outdrawn 3-1 in their home city but nonetheless, I think there is no chance of us playing Tulane in the N.O. bowl. I hope its Rice as I do not want to play MTSU or NT. Obviously, my hope would be that the N.O. bowl and the Go Daddy Bowl could work out an agreement and get NIU to NOLA so we could play them but I think we really need to win out to get that to be a possibility

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Obviously, my hope would be that the N.O. bowl and the Go Daddy Bowl could work out an agreement and get NIU to NOLA so we could play them but I think we really need to win out to get that to be a possibility
    Do you think NOLA would wait that long with the game being only 14 days after our last game?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Do you think NOLA would wait that long with the game being only 14 days after our last game?
    Wait that long for what? We are supposed to get the invite next weekend but I think we have been waiting to see what our options could be. I'm sure there have been plenty of discussions between our university, SBC and the 3 bowl reps talking about certain contingencies and scenarios. I think, if it was as cut and dry as some believe, we would have received the N.O. bid a week or two ago. I think they are in discussions with several teams right now to see what might pan out

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Wait that long for what? We are supposed to get the invite next weekend but I think we have been waiting to see what our options could be. I'm sure there have been plenty of discussions between our university, SBC and the 3 bowl reps talking about certain contingencies and scenarios. I think, if it was as cut and dry as some believe, we would have received the N.O. bid a week or two ago. I think they are in discussions with several teams right now to see what might pan out
    You said we would have to win out. Our last game is on Dec 7, the NOLA bowl is on Dec 21, only 14 days later. All bowl bids are done by Dec 8th.

That gives us less than 14 days to try and sell 20-25K tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    You said we would have to win out. Our last game is on Dec 7, the NOLA bowl is on Dec 21, only 14 days later. All bowl bids are done by Dec 8th.

That gives us less than 14 days to try and sell 20-25K tickets.
    Well, I need to elaborate. N.O. Bowl will not wait to give us the invite as it is speculated that we will receive it this upcoming weekend, win or lose. However, I think any deal with NIU and the Go Daddy Bowl will go hand in hand with how we finish. In other words, I think NIU will be more inclined to come to NOLA if they are playing a 10-2 Cajun team that is either ranked or on the cusp of being ranked versus an 8-4 Cajun squad. You are right and it doesn't seem to make sense in waiting until we finish the season to have a bowl invite but I think there are more moving parts to this scenario than we all realize.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Someone is going to have to blink first. Will it be Shreveport or New orleans?

Z

I'm pulling for Mississippi State.save us from Shreveport. No ACC team is worth playing in that ____hole.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information