Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . LastLast

Thread: I Bowl (Shreveport) NOLA Bowl (New Orleans) Go Daddy Bowl (Mobile)

Default Re: I Bowl (Shreveport) NOLA Bowl (New Orleans) Go Daddy Bowl (Mobile)

The very best if only two SB teams were to go bowling would be UL to NOLA & either USA/Troy to Mobile. Most tickets sold, fewest expenses. That would be if all were bowl eligible, which they are not.

2. Default Re: I Bowl (Shreveport) NOLA Bowl (New Orleans) Go Daddy Bowl (Mobile)

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    More Sunbelt Teams bowling, the better as far as sharing bowl revenue right? So hopefully if we don't take the I Bowl invite, if it comes that is, another Belt School can get in?
    ---Wrong the more sharing the less that is kept ---are you ready for the why????? It is because the Bowls don't pay --they let your school keep ticket money which for only the Cajuns is a money maker---Expenses far exceed profit and with this in play the less schools the less the Cajuns have to bail out!!!

3. Default Re: I Bowl (Shreveport) NOLA Bowl (New Orleans) Go Daddy Bowl (Mobile)

The problem of sharing can really be exacerbated if a team were to fly to a destination---yes, or so I have read, that we need to make the necessary payments for that also!!!

Just for thought. Say the scenario of us going to the I Bowl becomes reality who do we play from the ACC? UNC?

Quote Originally Posted by TravlnCajun View Post
    The very best if only two SB teams were to go bowling would be UL to NOLA & either USA/Troy to Mobile. Most tickets sold, fewest expenses. That would be if all were bowl eligible, which they are not.
    After seeing the photos of the attendance at the USA - Waaaaaahoax game Saturday, I'm not sure the Jags would make much money.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    After seeing the photos of the attendance at the USA - Waaaaaahoax game Saturday, I'm not sure the Jags would make much money.
    Maybe, but they could only get so creative on the expenses. Maybe hotel rooms, because school's out. Same for Troy. Buses, hotel, food, we'd still win out vs TxSt or WKU flying in. And certainly better than if we have to subsidize the Hoax as a third to Detroit. I was just trying to paint the best possible scenario w/ the new conference "wealth redistribution" rules.

http://www.sunbeltsports.org/portals.s/football.pdf

Section 3.3.3 explains bowl game revenue and expense sharing.

Last edited by rdr5165; November 26th, 2013 at 01:25 pm. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by TravlnCajun View Post
    Maybe, but they could only get so creative on the expenses. Maybe hotel rooms, because school's out. Same for Troy. Buses, hotel, food, we'd still win out vs TxSt or WKU flying in. And certainly better than if we have to subsidize the Hoax as a third to Detroit. I was just trying to paint the best possible scenario w/ the new conference "wealth redistribution" rules.
    True, their expenses would or should be low but if their ticket sales are as low as the actual attendance last Saturday their revenue would also be pitifully low.

Quote Originally Posted by rdr5165 View Post
    http://www.sunbeltsports.org/portals.s/football.pdf

Section 3.3.3 explains bowl game revene and expense sharing.
    Thanks RDR; that is very informative. So travel expenses are covered by the conference AND, if we were to go to a "big" bowl that requires a pre-purchase of tickets, the conference would cover that expense up front.

After reading this I am not so upset with the bowl sharing situation . it would just be nice if other teams could finish in the black.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: I Bowl (Shreveport) NOLA Bowl (New Orleans) Go Daddy Bowl (Mobile)

Don't know if this is posted anywhere else, but looks like N O Bowl.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot.ls/predictions

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls/projections

Don't shoot the messanger!!

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RayneCajun View Post
    Don't know if this is posted anywhere else, but looks like N O Bowl.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot.ls/predictions

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls/projections

Don't shoot the messanger!!

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!
    Both sites have been publishing this all season long.while it may come true, this has about as much truth as Tulane's weekly attendence announcements.

It is probably closer to the truth than anyone likes to think. This is most likely our match up.

Last edited by MelRock; November 26th, 2013 at 10:57 am. Reason: I can't spell and SUCKIT ULLM

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    It is probably closer to the truth than anyone likes to think. This is most likely our match up.
    I agree.just saying those sites mean very little when it comes to bowl projections.but then again even a broken clock is right twice.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    I agree.just saying those sites mean very little when it comes to bowl projections.but then again even a broken clock is right twice.
    Yes, I agree they have no clue where anyone is going and you are spot on with the broken clock analogy.

Can you imagine sitting outside in this weather or colder for 3 plus hours?

WOW!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . LastLast

Thread Information