Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: I Bowl (Shreveport) NOLA Bowl (New Orleans) Go Daddy Bowl (Mobile)

Default Re: I Bowl (Shreveport) NOLA Bowl (New Orleans) Go Daddy Bowl (Mobile)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    I agree.just saying those sites mean very little when it comes to bowl projections.but then again even a broken clock is right twice.
    At this time, it looks to be the NO Bowl. They will be at Cajun Field Saturday and look for UL to get the invitation.

Wouldn't Tulane much rather switch with Rice and go anywhere else not named New Orleans? Will they even have a choice in the matter or are they essentially at the mercy of whoever invites them?

What is all this Texas Tech talk about on 1420

The problem is NO ONE wants to play a Sun Belt team, there is no upside for them. Rice will probably end up in Dallas and no one else wants Tulane.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    The problem is NO ONE wants to play a Sun Belt team, there is no upside for them. Rice will probably end up in Dallas and no one else wants Tulane.
    Correct, Tulane's brand is not inticing to other bowls. Outside of New Orleans, they bring nothing to the table in fan attendance.

6. UL Football Re: I Bowl (Shreveport) NOLA Bowl (New Orleans) Go Daddy Bowl (Mobile)

And they bring next to nothing for the hotels in NOLA. No doubt a few will travel to the old alma mater, but most will simply buy the mandatory endorsement tickets for the game and give them to the deserving poor in New Orleans, similar to SDSU.

I was thinking the same myself. I couldn't find a site that matched us up.

All other things being even I would like to play Boston College in Shreveport or Northern Illinois in Mobile. Send Arkansas State to New Orleans to beat up on Tulane.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Correct, Tulane's brand is not inticing to other bowls. Outside of New Orleans, they bring nothing to the table in fan attendance.
    I wonder how many of the New Orleans attendees from the past that pulled for the Cajuns will put on green this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    All other things being even I would like to play Boston College in Shreveport or Northern Illinois in Mobile. Send Arkansas State to New Orleans to beat up on Tulane.
    NIU is not going to the Go Daddy, according to the Little Ceasar's web site they get the MAC Champion this year. Indy Bowl is trying to find an opponent to match with the ACC outside of the MAC and the SBC.

Good.I would rather head to New Orleans. The alternatives suck.if the Liberty Bowl came calling it would be different. If the Texas Bowl came calling it would be different. We just have to play the hand we are dealt. It's been three years since we got invited to our first bowl in a long time. In just three years we can talk about being too good for the bowl we pined for. That's progress. Next year.who knows where we will end up. Let's just enjoy what we have.

It's all about the bowl payout. Forget where the game is.it is a business at the end of the day.

13. Default Re: I Bowl (Shreveport) NOLA Bowl (New Orleans) Go Daddy Bowl (Mobile)

Quote Originally Posted by Alum78 View Post
    It's all about the bowl payout. Forget where the game is.it is a business at the end of the day.
    A few years ago UConn lost almost $2 million dollars at the Fiesta Bowl because the had certain locked in expenses but couldn't sell their allotment of tickets.

On paper the Fiesta Bowl has a HUGE payout, but in the end it is a paper promise.

Only fans can make a bowl profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    And they bring next to nothing for the hotels in NOLA. No doubt a few will travel to the old alma mater, but most will simply buy the mandatory endorsement tickets for the game and give them to the deserving poor in New Orleans, similar to SDSU.
    I get the feeling like the hotels we rent and beer we drink out weighs what Tulane doesn't do.

I sent an email to them trying to let them know there's no chance Texas Tech is there. I guess no one saw it until after the show. ACC has the tie in and more teams eligible than they have tie ins

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information