Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread: I Bowl (Shreveport) NOLA Bowl (New Orleans) Go Daddy Bowl (Mobile)

Default Re: I Bowl (Shreveport) NOLA Bowl (New Orleans) Go Daddy Bowl (Mobile)

We will be playing Tulane in the NOLA Bowl, all these other matchups will not happen. Tulane(vs) Louisiana will happen

The money we share with the SBC, is that after we have paid all of our bowl expenses???? Does anyone know for sure?

One little factoid has got me thinking right now.

If we were to go to I-Bowl, that opens up a slot for another SBC school to go bowling, as has been pointed out before.

I think that is the focus right now because nobody wants Mobile if we have other options, and it sure looks like CUSA is gonna stick UNT or MT in the NOLA Bowl.

I'll gladly take the I-Bowl versus a name school like Miami or Georgia Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post

If we were to go to I-Bowl, that opens up a slot for another SBC school to go bowling, as has been pointed out before.

I think that is the focus right now because nobody wants Mobile if we have other options, and it sure looks like CUSA is gonna stick UNT or MT in the NOLA Bowl.

But if that opens another bowl slot for an SBC team, it's yet another mouth to feed. I'm hoping two teams make it.us to Nola.and either Troy or Arkansas State to Mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by carnold983 View Post
    The money we share with the SBC, is that after we have paid all of our bowl expenses???? Does anyone know for sure?
    I believe that is correct. And if that us the case the only question for our Admin is "How creative can they be with the expense account?"

SUCK IT, HOAX !!!!!!!!!

6. Default Re: I Bowl (Shreveport) NOLA Bowl (New Orleans) Go Daddy Bowl (Mobile)

Well guys I want you to walk outside, and if it anything like in Abbeville, you will not like the idea of sitting in this or colder in S-Port Louisiana----Reality has set in for me---let's get our @$$ to the NO BOWL now---Sign the deal and play whomever they give us ----------again, We are going there because that is the only stadium that can accommodate our fans as the other 2 places of venue are too Small---Sounds great to me!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Well guys I want you to walk outside, and if it anything like in Abbeville, you will not like the idea of sitting in this or colder in S-Port Louisiana----Reality has set in for me---let's get our @$$ to the NO BOWL now---Sign the deal and play whomever they give us ----------again, We are going there because that is the only stadium that can accommodate our fans as the other 2 places of venue are too Small---Sounds great to me!!!!
    I disagree. It is like Congrats you are 10-2 (potentially) Sunbelt champs now go play North Texas. LOL.
    Take the I Bowl ACC Matchup if it works out who knows what Dec 31st weather will be in Shreveport?

More Sunbelt Teams bowling, the better as far as sharing bowl revenue right? So hopefully if we don't take the I Bowl invite, if it comes that is, another Belt School can get in?

My old bones don't want any part of that cold weather, but if it means playing better competition I will suck it up.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/.lyHistory.html

History of Shreveport Weather on Dec 31st.

If not mistaken, bowl revenues are dispersed between all bowl participants. In a perfect world, we'd be the only participant and would keep all of our own revenues. If additional teams participate, I don't know if it's better to have one or more additional teams.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    But if that opens another bowl slot for an SBC team, it's yet another mouth to feed. I'm hoping two teams make it.us to Nola.and either Troy or Arkansas State to Mobile.
    How does the contribution work? Is it paid evenly to all teams in the SBC who didn't make a bowl from those that went to one? Or , is the payment made from those teams that went to bowls and distributed to every team in the conference, irregardless of whether they went to a bowl? If its the first scenario, that would be one less mouth to feed and one extra revenue source to help share in the sharingI'm curious to know which it is.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    If not mistaken, bowl revenues are dispersed between all bowl participants. In a perfect world, we'd be the only participant and would keep all of our own revenues. If additional teams participate, I don't know if it's better to have one or more additional teams.
    Well, the Sun Belt made some kinda sharing rule in 2012. I am sure others can share the details.

Bowl revenue is shared for only the teams participating in bowls. From that perspective, it is better to have only us in a Bowl game. There will be at least two however as the Go Daddy in Mobile is contracted to take a Sun Belt team.

I thought that I heard that the Heart of Dallas bowl was talking to N Texas. That would scratch them off of the NO Bowl list. NO Bowl looks a little better now.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread Information