Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana a possible play for AdvoCare V100 Bowl

Default Re: Louisiana a possible play for AdvoCare V100 Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I say we sit down with the NO Bowl committee, evaluate the money that the NO Bowl generates from us that we are supposed to share with the other SBC programs, and we work out a deal with the NO Bowl to get us a better opponent (using that money). Karl's not invited.
    Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    As long as we win next week which I think we will, there will be no La Tech situation. We would be conference champs and have to be placed in a bowl. If we want to wait at that point and see what other games might be out there, we can without fear of being bowl less.
    +uno. This is why it's incredibly important to always be conference champions

NO Bowl now is in an awkward position. Sun Belt football has dramatically improved. In the past the 5th or 6th rated CUSA team was slotted to go to NO. Due to the recent defections of Sun Belt teams to CUSA, the 5th or 6th rated CUSA team now is well below the 1st or 2nd rated Sun Belt team. In fact, I believe stAte and UL would both be the best reams in CUSA this year. If the NO Bowl is contractually obligated to take any bowl eligible team from CUSA, the future CUSA submissions to the NO Bowl will always be weak opponents and will seldom inhance our program. In fact, due to the CUSA now becoming Sun Belt light, CUSA has an incentive NOT to send a quality team to NO so that a good team from the Sun Belt will gain virtually nothing from the NO Bowl. In other words, the Sun Belt champ will end up playing 7-5 or 6-6 team from CUSA which is now arguably a worse conference than the Sun Belt.

We can only hope that the NO Bowl severs its tie-in with CUSA if CUSA will not supply better opponents or that CUSA does not have enough bowl eligible teams to fill its slot in the NO Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    We will have a weak attendance if sent to Mobile. Sunday night game? Us diehards will be there, but the casual fan? Seriously doubt it. Gonna take dedicated fans to take a day off of work to make it.
    I didn't realize the Mobile game was a Sunday night! I would be able to make it but a drive from Lafayette like that would be a killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    NO Bowl now is in an awkward position. Sun Belt football has dramatically improved. In the past the 5th or 6th rated CUSA team was slotted to go to NO. Due to the recent defections of Sun Belt teams to CUSA, the 5th or 6th rated CUSA team now is well below the 1st or 2nd rated Sun Belt team. In fact, I believe stAte and UL would both be the best reams in CUSA this year. If the NO Bowl is contractually obligated to take any bowl eligible team from CUSA, the future CUSA submissions to the NO Bowl will always be weak opponents and will seldom inhance our program. In fact, due to the CUSA now becoming Sun Belt light, CUSA has an incentive NOT to send a quality team to NO so that a good team from the Sun Belt will gain virtually nothing from the NO Bowl. In other words, the Sun Belt champ will end up playing 7-5 or 6-6 team from CUSA which is now arguably a worse conference than the Sun Belt.

We can only hope that the NO Bowl severs its tie-in with CUSA if CUSA will not supply better opponents or that CUSA does not have enough bowl eligible teams to fill its slot in the NO Bowl.
    Rightonthemoney.

I wonder what kind of matchup we could get if the bowl were SBC vs. at large?

6. UL Football Re: Louisiana a possible play for AdvoCare V100 Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    I didn't realize the Mobile game was a Sunday night! I would be able to make it but a drive from Lafayette like that would be a killer.
    But you don't live in Lafayette unless your wife threw your butt out. She still taking care of your internet law suites?

What is is Hammond, or Covington? Either way not much difference between having to pay for a toll across the lake or driving to Mobile. I know both put your wallet in a panic.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    It's not getting there but having to take at least Monday off right after the first of the year to get back. A lot of employers make you accrue a certain number of vacation days per month before you can take them. Additionally, some employers will not let you carry days over from the previous year. It's just not an ideal date.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    But you don't live in Lafayette unless your wife threw your butt out. She still taking care of your internet law suites?

What is is Hammond, or Covington? Either way not much difference between having to pay for a toll across the lake or driving to Mobile. I know both put your wallet in a panic.
    You are one bizarre old man. Whatever you think is between you and me is in your mind. Publicly trashing the reputation of someone on the internet is a crime. You don't know my first name. My last name is "McCall" one I'm very proud of. I do have a son with pancreatitis which is a chronic and incurable disease. Some on here like "Z" know about it. It does get expensive even with good insurance. I've been a member of RCAF for the past three years. You nor nobody on this board know my first name. "Pete" has been been my nickname since I was a child. Everyone knows me by that name but it isn't my legal name which wouldn't show up on a donation. I doubt if many McCall's have given to RCAF so if you see one that's me. Your irrational Jihad trying to tarnish my good name is funny and stupid. Keep going express!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    It's not getting there but having to take at least Monday off right after the first of the year to get back. A lot of employers make you accrue a certain number of vacation days per month before you can take them. Additionally, some employers will not let you carry days over from the previous year. It's just not an ideal date.
    I was thinking the NOLA area alumni would make the two hour trip without a problem. But having to miss Monday at work might be a problem. I could do it without a problem but others with more physically demanding jobs might not. I only get ten days a year and it can be for whatever but with a child with a chronic problem I don't take them off lightly.

10. Default Re: Louisiana a possible play for AdvoCare V100 Bowl

Analogy time----NOLA = Louisiana Saturday Night-------------S-Port of Mobile = Tuesday or Thursday game-------We won't have nearly the crowd that we have bragged on as the problems of timing etc. keep chipping away at the attendance of not going to NOLA----I say lets do NO again--great crowd, atmosphere, time, recruiting!!!!

UL Football Re: Louisiana a possible play for AdvoCare V100 Bowl

Bowl Game Date/Time CT Site Matchup Network
    R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl Saturday, Dec 21 @ 8 PM New Orleans, LA SBC vs. CUSA ESPN
    Advocare V100 Bowl Tuesday, Dec 31 @ 12:30 PM Shreveport, LA SEC vs. ACC ESPN
    GoDaddy Bowl Sunday, Jan 5 @ 8 PM Mobile, AL SBC vs. MAC ESPN

Are those times ET or CT?

Quote Originally Posted by TravlnCajun View Post
    Are those times ET or CT?
    CT

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Analogy time----NOLA =
    Agreed. Last year year there were 2 mature women sitting behind me. I recognized them from my church. After some conversation, it was the first Cajun game they ever went to. Must keep building the brand, excitement, and attendance. We have only just begun. Geaux Cajuns!!!

NOLA Bowl is still the best time and location. I would prefer Tulane over insert CUSA team. Would a big win against Tulane and us finishing 11-2 get us ranked? Winning the conference and finishing ranked might mean we lose Hud but suddenly UL becomes a choice spot for up and coming coaches.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information