Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana a possible play for AdvoCare V100 Bowl

Default Re: Louisiana a possible play for AdvoCare V100 Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    No, LTU R are a couple of wins away form qualifying and will be favored in neither game. They do however have Tulsa at home, and are a 3.5 point dog. If they can pull off a minor upset, they have a lot to play for in the season finale. UTSA is a dog to North Texas by 8.5 points, and TooLame is a 17.5 favorite to take it to the UTEP Miners in El Paso. Not sure TooLame has scored 17.5 points in their last three games combine. Checking them out, they have scored 34 points in their past three games.

The Hoax are a 3.5 point dog to South, AKA USA or South Alabama, they prefer South now. So now it is both South's and UL's job to make sure the Hoax are sitting home the rest of the year.
    The Hoax are dogs to South? Wow, I almost feel sorry for them.

2. UL Football Re: Louisiana a possible play for AdvoCare V100 Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    The Hoax are dogs to South? Wow, I almost feel sorry for them.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-.dds/las-vegas/

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Louisiana a possible play for AdvoCare V100 Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunjeb View Post
    I agree with you. Playing and beating a school from an AQ conference would be huge for this program. Possible even putting us in top 25 at the end of the year. Plus, the payout is $2.5 M v/s $1.0 M for NOLA bowl. I guess we would still have to share the wealth with fellow SBC teams, right?
    Wrong. That is the payout if you are from a contracted conference; plus payouts are not payouts but tickets the school must sell to reach that total.

Plus: The Indy is infamous for putting the team's allotted tickets in the end zones out to the 20's. Want good seats? Gotta buy them on stub hub or elsewhere from an Indy Bowl sponsor, and your school makes zero on it.

And yes, revenue sharing is still in effect

Where would we send the most fans? The New Orleans Bowl is a given. I wonder how many we would send to Shreveport? There really isn't an alumni base there. It's a five hour drive from Lafayette. Mobile doesn't have an alumni base but it is only two hours from New Orleans (Big alumni base) and four hours from Lafayette. If we have an option of playing a big name that isn't ranked in the Indy Bowl or NIU in the Godaddybowl which way should we go? I would think Mobile is the obvious choice.

BTW, isn't it nice to be thinking about which bowl would be best when just three years ago we would have been grateful with anything?

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    Where would we send the most fans? The New Orleans Bowl is a given. I wonder how many we would send to Shreveport? There really isn't an alumni base there. It's a five hour drive from Lafayette. Mobile doesn't have an alumni base but it is only two hours from New Orleans (Big alumni base) and four hours from Lafayette. If we have an option of playing a big name that isn't ranked in the Indy Bowl or NIU in the Godaddybowl which way should we go? I would think Mobile is the obvious choice.

BTW, isn't it nice to be thinking about which bowl would be best when just three years ago we would have been grateful with anything?
    5 hours from Lafayette to Shreveport? You're driving very very slow. It's more like 3 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    5 hours from Lafayette to Shreveport? You're driving very very slow. It's more like 3 hours.
    When I lived in the Hub City I never had a reason to head up there. What is it 3 hours? Maybe that 5 hour drive is what I'm remembering from a hurricane evacuation from the NOLA area.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post

Everyone keeps quick firing on all of these what-ifs about bowls. There are numerous combinations and permutations to consider before you could derive at a bowl scenario better than the NO Bowl for UL. Fan preference, program benefit, fan attendance, venue, accommodations, weather, opponent, payout (multiple scenario), expenses, seating selectivity, ticket sales, recruiting, local/regional/national interest, timing on invite/acceptance, travel arrangements, date/time of game, other same day/time games. and until you weight each and then evaluate. it is difficult to call these other possible bowl options an obvious benefit over the NO Bowl.

8. Default Re: Louisiana a possible play for AdvoCare V100 Bowl

We are going to the NO Bowl ----Who we play is the Question!!! Do you guys realize that whatever the profit was last year would be cut in half or more w/o the Cajuns---Do you guys realize the Amount of money we are talking about for charities and the Bowl itself??? 50K @ $40 say 2 million and concessions and tv and ???? All this goes to half with out the Cajuns and think about the Hotels, rest, bars, and shops-----just think how wizzed they would be---Going Back Going Back Going Back to NEW ORLEANS!!!!

Boomer. This is about bettering our program not New Orleans. I've got no desire to see us play UNT or MT. Anyone else and I might be interested

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Everyone keeps quick firing on all of these what-ifs about bowls. There are numerous combinations and permutations to consider before you could derive at a bowl scenario better than the NO Bowl for UL. Fan preference, program benefit, fan attendance, venue, accommodations, weather, opponent, payout (multiple scenario), expenses, seating selectivity, ticket sales, recruiting, local/regional/national interest, timing on invite/acceptance, travel arrangements, date/time of game, other same day/time games. and until you weight each and then evaluate. it is difficult to call these other possible bowl options an obvious benefit over the NO Bowl.
    Hey the Superdome is 40 minutes from me with traffic. I think everyone would prefer the dome to the ratty stadiums in Shreveport or Mobile. Also New Orleans is a much more fun city to be in compared to the others. UL vs. Tulane, yea it would be a hoot to beat them in the stands and the field. UNT, yawn.a sea of red and we crush the not so mean Eagles. The question is what would move the program forward? A win against a ranked team with a large crowd would be preferable to a cozy dome and a sea of red beating the snot out of the CUSA leftovers.

Any other bowl than NOLA against a brand name program like Notre Dame or Georgia Tech? Yes.

Otherwise, a big "hell no" to anything but the New Orleans Bowl.

That's what is best for the fans AND the program.

We will have a weak attendance if sent to Mobile. Sunday night game? Us diehards will be there, but the casual fan? Seriously doubt it. Gonna take dedicated fans to take a day off of work to make it.

13. Default Re: Louisiana a possible play for AdvoCare V100 Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by timlan2057 View Post
    Any other bowl than NOLA against a brand name program like Notre Dame or Georgia Tech? Yes.

Otherwise, a big "hell no" to anything but the New Orleans Bowl.

That's what is best for the fans AND the program.
    ---And recruiting!!!

My gut tells me that this "better opponent" in Mobile or the Indy won't be the "A list" program that everyone believes it could be. I say we sit down with the NO Bowl committee, evaluate the money that the NO Bowl generates from us that we are supposed to share with the other SBC programs, and we work out a deal with the NO Bowl to get us a better opponent (using that money). Karl's not invited.

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    We will have a weak attendance if sent to Mobile. Sunday night game? Us diehards will be there, but the casual fan? Seriously doubt it. Gonna take dedicated fans to take a day off of work to make it.
    You are soooooo right. We will not be making these decisions on a "message board", but we seem to be under estimating just how good the N O bowl is for us.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information