Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Bowl Question-New Orleans specific

Ragin' Cajuns Bowl Question-New Orleans specific

I would have thought that the R.L. Carrier's New Orleans Bowl would have asked UL to be a participant in this years bowl game by now.

Is it possible they wait too long and that UL is requested to play in another bowl before R.L. Carrier's sends their request? I have rooms booked in New Orleans and I am hoping to see another great game there with UL.

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!

Default Re: Bowl Question-New Orleans specific

I'm guessing UL is the holdout here.

We probably want to keep our options open in case we get a shot to play NIU in the GoDaddy Bowl.

Actually, no.

Mathematically Arkansas State can still be the automatic qualifier. Don't expect an official bid until after the ULM game.

While NO does not have to take the automatic qualifier, ASU has gone to godaddy the last two years and my guess is Mobile is not enthralled with the thought of the red wolves. The bowls have worked together before to strike deals. Wouldn't be surprised if they're doing that now in case ASU is the team.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I'm guessing UL is the holdout here.

We probably want to keep our options open in case we get a shot to play NIU in the GoDaddy Bowl.
    I am hoping that is not true. Although, I would love to play NIU. It would be so much better in the New Orleans Bowl than the Go Daddy Bowl! Maybe they can change and come over here. The only problem except politics would be can they make money which begs the questions what are the factors that would prevent them from doing so i.e. enough fans, severe conflict of schedule or something else. If no, I rather play in New Orleans with another team. The NO Bowl has done a great job so far getting us quality opponents. All the NO Bowl needs is a sponsor willing to pay more and people would be begging to get in!

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    Actually, no.

Mathematically Arkansas State can still be the automatic qualifier. Don't expect an official bid until after the ULM game.

While NO does not have to take the automatic qualifier, ASU has gone to godaddy the last two years and my guess is Mobile is not enthralled with the thought of the red wolves. The bowls have worked together before to strike deals. Wouldn't be surprised if they're doing that now in case ASU is the team.
    just wondering but did ASU not travel well to mobile or something?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    I would have thought that the R.L. Carrier's New Orleans Bowl would have asked UL to be a participant in this years bowl game by now.

Is it possible they wait too long and that UL is requested to play in another bowl before R.L. Carrier's sends their request? I have rooms booked in New Orleans and I am hoping to see another great game there with UL.

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!
    I would bet that they have to wait a bit longer to see which Belt teams will be bowl eligible (there could be as many as 6 IIRC) and which one winds up as champ because the champ has to be placed before anyone else can be taken.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    Actually, no.

Would it be wrong to think GoDaddy and NOLA could be working together to make a UL-NIU matchup happen in Mobile or NOLA?

Would it be wrong to think GoDaddy and NOLA could be working together to make a UL-NIU matchup happen in Mobile or NOLA?
    I think that is exactly what is going on. I think New Orleans Bowl is trying to get GoDaddy to release NIU. Reason is: UL will travel to New Orleans in much greater numbers than Mobile. I just don't think the casual fan is going to Mobile on a Sunday night. Regardless of New Orleans or Mobile, other sunbelt schools are not going to have a game-changing attendance. If the New Orleans bowl gives GoDaddy a piece of the pie for releasing NIU, everyone wins. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by wgwillis View Post
    I am hoping that is not true. Although, I would love to play NIU. It would be so much better in the New Orleans Bowl than the Go Daddy Bowl! Maybe they can change and come over here. The only problem except politics would be can they make money which begs the questions what are the factors that would prevent them from doing so i.e. enough fans, severe conflict of schedule or something else. If no, I rather play in New Orleans with another team. The NO Bowl has done a great job so far getting us quality opponents. All the NO Bowl needs is a sponsor willing to pay more and people would be begging to get in!
    I agree. I'd take the Superdome over crappy Ladd-Peebles any day. But if we have to travel to Mobile to play a good but beatable team our butts will just have to cope with the cold hard aluminum benches for a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    I think that is exactly what is going on. I think New Orleans Bowl is trying to get GoDaddy to release NIU. Reason is: UL will travel to New Orleans in much greater numbers than Mobile. I just don't think the casual fan is going to Mobile on a Sunday night. Regardless of New Orleans or Mobile, other sunbelt schools are not going to have a game-changing attendance. If the New Orleans bowl gives GoDaddy a piece of the pie for releasing NIU, everyone wins. JMO.
    Or vice-versa. I'm sure GoDaddy (the company) wouldn't be too happy if the bowl it pumps money into just up and gave away a Top 20 team to New Orleans. Whatever happens, some major negotiating is going to have to take place for us to meet up with NIU. Both bowls have a lot to lose by letting either team go.

11. Default Re: Bowl Question-New Orleans specific

I could be WAY OFF--but I am thinking that the 2-4 days that the Cajuns come to town produce more economic activity for the City than the entire Tulane football year brings---I just think with the hundreds to maybe thousand rooms booked already it would be hard to not have the Cajuns there as the game is in 4-5 weeks!!! i am just visualizing the REST BAR SHOP owners and TAXI drivers who are praying for the Cajun Santa Clauses to bring their Christmas bonus!!!! last year my S in L had parties arranged with the help of the Mid Winter Sports group and the NO Bowl just as a side thing---the spin off of this is huge as there are some homes and apartments that will also be leased out----We need to be compensated for what we bring to New Orleans and I guess I don't have the knowledge of how that is done but surely we do have some in the Cajun Community that do know the ins and outs of this!!!!

Yes and no. Or in this case, no and yes.

I would think the Nola bowl has more to offer the godaddy in terms of compensation for releasing niu to Nola. The Nola bowl knows the money they make off of is. Godaddy can only estimate what they would make off of us, but they still don't know for sure how we would travel to mobile. Hopefully they get it worked out before south al game, then the godaddy will realize how well we travel to mobile.

Why would UL go anywhere except New Orleans?? The most they could hope to bring is 8K, the old core of supporters in the leaner years. Mobile=NBD for most fans, regardless of opponent.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Ommacajun View Post
    Why would UL go anywhere except New Orleans?? The most they could hope to bring is 8K, the old core of supporters in the leaner years. Mobile=NBD for most fans, regardless of opponent.
    Its about whats best for the athletic program and what HUD wants. I love N.O. too, but the chance to play a top 20 team in a bowl or even a BCS, outweighs our comfort.

Z

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information