Thread: Broadway Enjoys Healthier Week

1. UL Football Broadway Enjoys Healthier Week

With quarterback Terrance Broadway rushing 10 times for a season-high 78 yards in a 35-21 win last Saturday at Georgia State, UL was able to inject back into its offense an element –Broadway running the zone read– it hasn't always been able to utilize nearly as much as it would like the past couple months.

Cajunjeb is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Broadway Enjoys Healthier Week

I think having this strange schedule this year has some benefits, like getting players much needed rest. However, a huge downside to this strange schedule is there are long delays between games (not including scheduled byes, like this week). Don't play a Saturday so you can play the Tuesday, play the next Tuesday, then have another 10 days to play a Saturday. I know this horse has been beaten and put to pasture. In my opinion, I just don't see how the Cajuns received much national media exposure playing on Tuesdays. One thing is for sure, the Cajuns have handled this schedule well!

3. Default Re: Broadway Enjoys Healthier Week

Good points.

All this should prepare the team for the gap leading up to the bowl.

If it's the NO Bowl, it's simply one more game after a bye week. Play on the 7th, off on the 14th, play on the 21st.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    If it's the NO Bowl, it's simply one more game after a bye week. Play on the 7th, off on the 14th, play on the 21st.
    Agreed. Enough time to rest up and get a game plan set for the bowl game. Correct me if I am wrong, but if an invitation is presented to the Cajuns before their game with USA, the Cajuns may already know their bowl opponent. beside Louisiana/USA on the 7th, there is only the one Thursday night game, five scheduled Saturday games plus the conference chamiponship games and the following Saturday Army/Navy Game on the 14th.

The Cajuns may not know their bowl opponent until the 7th or after. They may have to wait on the outcome of the CUSA championship game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunjeb View Post
    Agreed. Enough time to rest up and get a game plan set for the bowl game. Correct me if I am wrong, but if an invitation is presented to the Cajuns before their game with USA, the Cajuns may already know their bowl opponent. beside Louisiana/USA on the 7th, there is only the one Thursday night game, five scheduled Saturday games plus the conference chamiponship games and the following Saturday Army/Navy Game on the 14th.

The Cajuns may not know their bowl opponent until the 7th or after. They may have to wait on the outcome of the CUSA championship game.
    All the bowl games will be announced on Dec 8th.

7. Default Re: Broadway Enjoys Healthier Week

Talk about an exciting and challenging time in coaching ---finding out who you gonna play and getting the goods on them and coming up with a plan---we have had much scoop on our scheduled teams all Summer and have a jacket with all the tendencies etc that can be pulled up for that week--but this is all fresh and to me was a lot of fun and speculation and of course arguing with what plays etc to use!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    All the bowl games will be announced on Dec 8th.
    Thanks Dog

Thread Information