Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Orleans Bowl still most likely spot

1. UL Football New Orleans Bowl still most likely spot

At 8-2 with eight straight wins after beating winless Georgia State last Saturday, the UL football team patiently awaits a third straight bowl bid.

The likelihood of it being to same locale as the last two – the Superdome in New Orleans – remains quite high.

Default Re: New Orleans Bowl still most likely spot

“And I say that,” he added, “loudly and clearly – that it’s the bowls that determine what they need to select in the at-large pool, and not necessarily the conference or any particularly commissioner.”

Sounds like Karl is laying the groundwork for "I understand but there's nothing I can do about it". Seems to be a familiar refrain for Karl.

BTW, who is Western State and when did they join the conference?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    "And I say that," he added, "loudly and clearly – that it's the bowls that determine what they need to select in the at-large pool, and not necessarily the conference or any particularly commissioner."

Sounds like Karl is laying the groundwork for "I understand but there's nothing I can do about it". Seems to be a familiar refrain for Karl.

HOGAN!!!!

“And I say that,” he added, “loudly and clearly – that it’s the bowls that determine what they need to select in the at-large pool, and not necessarily the conference or any particularly commissioner.”

he also could be laying the groundwork for, sorry WKU it wasnt me good luck in cusa

5. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl still most likely spot

----Come on Hammer--your buddy is compromising by not using double directional SOUTHwestern and calling us state---this avoids the Louisiana issue!!!! LOL ---I still wish somebody could put on the Animal's song "we gotta get out of this place"!!!!

6. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl still most likely spot

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ----Come on Hammer--your buddy is compromising by not using double directional SOUTHwestern and calling us state---this avoids the Louisiana issue!!!! LOL ---I still wish somebody could put on the Animal's song "we gotta get out of this place"!!!!

7. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: New Orleans Bowl still most likely spot

Next time the commish shows up, and it will probably be the Moaner game, we need the ban to play that, and the fans to sing it loud and clear. Of course T-Joe has more class than I do, or Benson, and that would never happen, but still it would be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Next time the commish shows up, and it will probably be the Moaner game, we need the ban to play that, and the fans to sing it loud and clear. Of course T-Joe has more class than I do, or Benson, and that would never happen, but still it would be funny.
    I'd be happy if they'd play CeeLos "____ you" either for him or when ulm enters the field.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    I'd be happy if they'd play CeeLos "____ you" either for him or when ulm enters the field.
    I wonder.

I would hope Tjoe gives Benson the boot. Either do as we wish or stay the fxxx out of Lafayette. It's time.

I hope they don't out-think themselves. I know there was some talk about compensation for releasing us to GoDaddy, but ticket revenue is just a fraction of the economic impact we have on New Orleans.

12. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl still most likely spot

I think that there are a bunch of CUSAs that are Bowl eligible and if that is the case I think that after Tulane gets there wishes, we might get Rice or N TEX--I sure want some of that Rice under my gumbo!!!

Rice would bring even more Cajun fans from Texas! Rice sounds like a good fit, to bring fans to again have the largest crowd in a non BCS bowl!

I wanted Rice last year. ECU was a good match-up but their fans had an airfare burden.

15. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl still most likely spot

I say yes to New Orleans Bowls at least till we totally wipe UNT's consecutive appearances record off the map.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information