Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: No. 33!!

Default Re: No. 33!!

LMAO! Look who's 11 spots ahead of us!

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog308 View Post
    LMAO! Look who's 11 spots ahead of us!
    But compare their Harris and Coaches votes to ours. They may only be 11 spots of ahead of us in a poll but are still heads and heels better than us at this point. We are getting better but don't go out and think we're ready for the Top 25 or anything.

Louisiana is now ranked ahead of.

Nebraska
    Texas Tech
    BYU
    Virginia Tech
    Washington
    Georgia Tech
    Kansas State
    Iowa
    Boston College
    Boise State
    Arizona
    Florida
    Tennessee
    Pittsburgh
    Mississippi State
    Arkansas
    TCU
    West Virginia

Non-AQ schools ranked ahead of us.

Fresno State
    Northern Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Louisiana is now ranked ahead of.

Nebraska
    Texas Tech
    BYU
    Virginia Tech
    Washington
    Georgia Tech
    Kansas State
    Iowa
    Boston College
    Boise State
    Arizona
    Florida
    Tennessee
    Pittsburgh
    Mississippi State
    Arkansas
    TCU
    West Virginia

Non-AQ schools ranked ahead of us.

Fresno State
    Northern Illinois
    Wasn't Ball State one spot ahead of us?

EDIT: Nevermind.one spot behind us.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    We are getting better but don't go out and think we're ready for the Top 25 or anything.
    Why the hell not? I don't think anybody's insinuating we're good enough to beat LSU or any kind of big national powerhouse type of team, but we're damn well good enough to give any mid-major (and most of the low-hanging fruit from the "big boy conferences") all they can handle, and we're on an 8 game winning streak. I don't think it's a travesty that we're not there yet, but it wouldn't be a travesty, either, if we were ranked 24 or 25.

Man if you think we have it bad from the computers.Cincinnati is getting trashed by them.

Pretty meaningless list. We already had a go at:

#46 K-State
    #77 Arkansas

I also wouldn't like our chances against: #35 Nebraska, #42 Vanderbilt, #59 Tennessee, #62 Miss State, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    Pretty meaningless list. We already had a go at:

#46 K-State
    #77 Arkansas

I also wouldn't like our chances against: #35 Nebraska, #42 Vanderbilt, #59 Tennessee, #62 Miss State, etc.
    We played those two schools week one and two. Not saying we would win, but I would bet it would be a different game if played next weekend. You are right, we would be underdogs against those schools but anyone with any football knowledge knows that is not how college football polls workWe are getting votes (points) in poles because we deserve to be recognized for being 8-2 and riding an 8 game winning streak. Nothing meaningless about that.

The recognition is nice but we're nowhere near the 33rd best team in the nation. I'd put us in the 50's or 60's. The only two decent teams we've played this year handled us pretty easily. The computers have it right. The AP humans have it right. The coaches, well, they don't pay attention that much.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    The recognition is nice but we're nowhere near the 33rd best team in the nation. I'd put us in the 50's or 60's. The only two decent teams we've played this year handled us pretty easily. The computers have it right. The AP humans have it right. The coaches, well, they don't pay attention that much.
    Agreed, but the polls rarely reflect a true Top 25. I believe we need signiture wins year in and year out (I.E. Arkansas and Kansas States) and run the table in conference to be considered a true Top 25 team. That being said, I think we could line up and beat any non AQ team out there, that itself is a huge accomplishment for our program.

The bcs system is the most objective and comprehensive ranking system college football has ever had. It is fact that our Cajuns are ranked #33 in that system. If the Cajuns can pull out wins the next 2 weeks they will probably be in the 25-30 range. Until the CajunRebel poll becomes part of the BCS formula, I will just run with what they have.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post

I will kneel at the side of my bed and pray that we make up those 11 spots!

My LSU friends will kneel at the side of their bed and pray that we don't!

And #74 Toolame thinks its beneath them to possibly face us in the New Orleans Bowl?!!!

I know the feel they are beneath us, but I think it has more to do with the @$$ whooping that we would give to them.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information