Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: No. 33!!

Default Re: No. 33!!

Note: This poll is just a projection at this time, tonight the real BCS standings come out. Sohold on a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    The bcs system is the most objective and comprehensive ranking system college football has ever had. It is fact that our Cajuns are ranked #33 in that system. If the Cajuns can pull out wins the next 2 weeks they will probably be in the 25-30 range. Until the CajunRebel poll becomes part of the BCS formula, I will just run with what they have.
    If only I could get those BCS jerks to add the CajunRebel poll.

3. UL Football Re: No. 33!!

They feel it is not a reward to their players to play a lower tier bowl in their home stadium. It is also not a reward to be humiliated by thirty points.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    They feel it is not a reward to their players to play a lower tier bowl in their home stadium. It is also not a reward to be humiliated by thirty points.
    I can understand the argument against playing in your own town / stadium since it might not have that same feel as traveling for a bowl, especially for the players. And their fans would never admit to a fear of loosing to us. But for them to think that any Bowl is beneath them is ludicrous. And for them to think that playing UL, or anyone else in D1A for that matter, is beneath them is even more ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    But compare their Harris and Coaches votes to ours. They may only be 11 spots of ahead of us in a poll but are still heads and heels better than us at this point. We are getting better but don't go out and think we're ready for the Top 25 or anything.
    Totally understand they're a better team but it's just so damn funny to me. I pointed out the BCS poll to a SERIOUSLY die hard tigger fan (co-worker) about how we were 11 spots behind LSU this morning and he had absolutely. nothing. to say. The silence warmed my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog308 View Post
    Totally understand they're a better team but it's just so damn funny to me. I pointed out the BCS poll to a SERIOUSLY die hard tigger fan (co-worker) about how we were 11 spots behind LSU this morning and he had absolutely. nothing. to say. The silence warmed my heart.
    I. absolutely. love. that.

I don't know if two more wins are gonna get us ranked. God knows what will happen over the bye week.everyone who voted for us might see a game or two they liked and vote those people in over us. I see us losing votes over the bye week.due to the "recent" bias that plagues all poll voters.

8. Default Re: No. 33!!

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    I don't know if two more wins are gonna get us ranked. God knows what will happen over the bye week.everyone who voted for us might see a game or two they liked and vote those people in over us. I see us losing votes over the bye week.due to the "recent" bias that plagues all poll voters.
    Out of sight out of mind.

The good news is UL is playing late enough in the season to recoup some notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Out of sight out of mind.

The good news is UL is playing late enough in the season to recoup some notice.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    Pretty meaningless list. We already had a go at:

#46 K-State
    #77 Arkansas

I also wouldn't like our chances against: #35 Nebraska, #42 Vanderbilt, #59 Tennessee, #62 Miss State, etc.
    Yeh, we had a go at it in their back yard. In front of their crowd and on their time table. That makes those losses meaningless at this point. Except they keep us from having any shot at BCS busting.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    I doubt it CH. Most of the time a team on a bye week get moves up at this time of year due to several teams above them losing crucial games, and many times being blown out.

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog308 View Post
    Silence I like! We all know we are not ready for the really big boys, but we are trudging along at a very nice clip!

11-2 with a Conference Championship and a Bowl Win #3, Phase one having broke ground, financing for Phase Two being worked on as we speak, and the Acadiana economy booming with a Ragin Cajun Fan base starting to swell from the ground up!!! Thats what I am talking about!

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I doubt it CH. Most of the time a team on a bye week get moves up at this time of year due to several teams above them losing crucial games, and many times being blown out.
    The problem is.the teams around us at the moment prolly won't be losing this weekend.

15. Default Re: No. 33!!

We actually dropped a few steps in the Massey poll!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information