Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread: Final MBB: Louisiana (68) at Baylor (87)

Default Re: MBB: Louisiana at Baylor

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    True, this team is coming around. Basketball wins on the road are extremely hard to come by especially against such quality opponents.
    I don't think we played that well today as we were too sloppy with the basketball. I also think we did not play defense as well as we are capable. Still, the main thing I got out of today's game is that Baylor is really good. They are also well coached. I can see why Sports Illustrated picked them to be a 7 seed come March. That means they are one of the top 30 teams in the nation. Keep in mind that Division 1 in basketball has well over 300 teams. Still, this game may help us down the road as you don't improve if you don't play good competition.

Really? I didn't think Baylor was that good.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Not a bad loss, but how can you say this?
    insert sarcasm.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: MBB: Louisiana at Baylor

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Really? I didn't think Baylor was that good.
    They have one of the better frontcourts in the country; a point guard that can play and a shooter that is lights out. They are VERY good.

As an aside, I wonder if their Chery kid is related to Jason?

Default Re: Final MBB: Louisiana (68) at Baylor (87)

We must have Shawn Long in the game to have any chance against a good team like Baylor. He had 3 fouls in the 1st 8 min of the game. No other big guy has showed me anything so far this season.

6. Default Re: Final MBB: Louisiana (68) at Baylor (87)

And I missed the damn thing --It was on regular tv??? I was trying on some Baylor thing--Damn!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    And I missed the damn thing --It was on regular tv??? I was trying on some Baylor thing--Damn!!!
    Fox Sports SW, Channel 38 on your Abbeville Cable

I know this is off topic but does anyone know when the film "Lights Out In Blackham" will be released? To my understanding, it was supposed to be released sometime this year. Any takers?

They are well coached. They did a very smart thing and went zone on us. This can make someone like Payton have to be more patient and can really take some of his effectiveness away since he's a slasher and likes to get to the rim to dish or score. This made him be more patient and he took more outside shots than he did against Arkansas where he was able to beat his man consistently. We are not a very good perimeter team and Brown and Wronkowski need to become reliable shooters going forward. Both made multiple 3's this game but they need to be a bigger threat earlier in the game to extend the defense. This team was very competitive in both games against good teams so I expect us to be better than many thought.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    They are well coached. They did a very smart thing and went zone on us. This can make someone like Payton have to be more patient and can really take some of his effectiveness away since he's a slasher and likes to get to the rim to dish or score. This made him be more patient and he took more outside shots than he did against Arkansas where he was able to beat his man consistently. We are not a very good perimeter team and Brown and Wronkowski need to become reliable shooters going forward. Both made multiple 3's this game but they need to be a bigger threat earlier in the game to extend the defense. This team was very competitive in both games against good teams so I expect us to be better than many thought.
    You hit the nail on the head. Also, they were smart to get Long in foul trouble early. It was there for them, unfortunately. We rely hugely on Payton and Long. The zone worked fantastic for Baylor against our limited perimeter shooting and lack of size/height inside. We'll do pretty well in conference play if our supporting cast improves.

Bad News: We still are despeartely looking for an outside shooter.

Sort of Good News: I think Baylor is probably the absolute worst matchup that we could possibly face. They play a 2-3 zone with two seven footers in the middle.

12. Default Re: Final MBB: Louisiana (68) at Baylor (87)

And just think Slappy that is what we could be with playing Long with either VU and JJ or both---I didn't see Sundays game----- but I liked our 2/3 when we played it with Vu in the middle!!! I think that our players are the right fit for it---EP and (Wonk/Regis/Shep/Rimm) outside with VU or JJ in the Middle and Long/Moore on the wings!!! Every time I see Syracuse I fall in love with the 2/3 and our new recruit's mom could teach it and her teams play it so well!!! Also when you mix it with our man to man it is effective!!!

I'm not a big fan of zone, because I think really all it is is man to man with people in the right positions. But, because of the new foul rules and our depth problems. We probably need to play some possessions to save EP and Shawn.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread Information