Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread: FB/BB Stadium Projects

Default FB/BB Stadium Projects

Anyone have any news as to what is in place to be done or has already been done? I've heard paint, turf, expanding boxes, etc etc but what looks to be a reality?

Default Re: Football Stadium Update / Baseball Stadium Update

I've gotten some information from two different reliable sources at different times with the same info. I'm not sure about the football stadium. However, Baseball has plans to tear down the stadium after this season and build a two-story stadium with seating around 15 thousand. It will have luxury sweets and big press box. Two new locker rooms and weight training facility. Supposedly, they recieved some private donations up to 20 million to complete the project. But the brand new stadium will be ready for first pitch next season!! I can't wait for this. Baseball at the tigue will get a huge face lift and we will be among the nations elite in facilities.

Another thing, imagine what this will do for recruiting. big time recruits will already be impressed by UL baseball success in the past and now they will have five star facilities and field to play on. This will be huge for baseball, UL in general, and all of the long time fans that go out to the tigue every game rain or shine. I can't wait!

April 29th. UL vs. LSU. be there.

I love it!

When do tix go on sale for the LSU game?

I also heard about the Basball stadium renovations, and it was from a reliable source. They will also be redoing the field, as it has drainage problems and slopes off in the back. In addition, this season when the Cajuns hit a home run, there will be fireworks! Nice!

As for the football stadium, I have only heard that they are going to start installing turf at the beginning of February. Someone said there will be a rebuilding of the pressbox in '09, but I haven't heard anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    .with seating around 15 thousand.
    are you sure? that is a HUGE stadium. you must have typoed

i can't wait to check the luxury sweets (rofl)

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    i can't wait to check the luxury sweets (rofl)
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by ULforlife View Post
    lol
    I'm hoping for dark chocolate truffles.

_ I've gotten some information from two different reliable sources at different times with the same info. I'm not sure about the football stadium. However, Baseball has plans to tear down the stadium after this season and build a two-story stadium with seating around 15 thousand. It will have luxury sweets and big press box. Two new locker rooms and weight training facility. Supposedly, they recieved some private donations up to 20 million to complete the project. But the brand new stadium will be ready for first pitch next season!! I can't wait for this. Baseball at the tigue will get a huge face lift and we will be among the nations elite in facilities.

Another thing, imagine what this will do for recruiting. big time recruits will already be impressed by UL baseball success in the past and now they will have five star facilities and field to play on. This will be huge for baseball, UL in general, and all of the long time fans that go out to the tigue every game rain or shine. I can't wait!

April 29th. UL vs. LSU. be there. _
    Way over the top may man. I think you are setting yourself for a huge disappointment. Think instead nice, very nice. And really what would we do with 15k seats? I have also heard from very reliable sources some great things that if they happen will be a vastly improved Tigue.

Quote Originally Posted by ULforlife View Post
    _ are you sure? that is a HUGE stadium _
    Yes I am sure there will be a lower and upper deck wrapping all the way from third base to first base. in place of all the bleachers and stadium that is there now Exactly what I heard was somewhere from 13-15 thousand. And you are right, it is huge. But if you look at stadiums around the country that is becoming the "norm" and schools everywhere have been updating there stadiums recently. Also, another reason for high seating capacity you can be sure that the NCAA will NEVER overlook UL as a regional host again. If they have the credentials in the future you can bet on it that there will be a regional here.

And hey "if you build it, they will come." lol Baseball regularly brings a big crowd to the games and when you add a state of the art facility in the mix you have your normal fans that come to every game and you will get new fans that want to check it all out then they see how the cajuns are slamming home runs with fireworks going off and the atmosphere that the tigue has and you can be sure they will come back.

Go Cajuns!

April 29th.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

_ I've gotten some information from two different reliable sources at different times with the same info. I'm not sure about the football stadium. However, Baseball has plans to tear down the stadium after this season and build a two-story stadium with seating around 15 thousand. It will have luxury sweets and big press box. Two new locker rooms and weight training facility. Supposedly, they recieved some private donations up to 20 million to complete the project. But the brand new stadium will be ready for first pitch next season!! I can't wait for this. Baseball at the tigue will get a huge face lift and we will be among the nations elite in facilities.

April 29th. UL vs. LSU. be there. _
    Wow, I can only hope that you're correct. I'm not saying that I doubt you, but.

First, I don't really see how it will get done in a little over 8 months. they might be able to play baseball in 8 months, but I can't see that sort of facility being complete in that little time, especially if it has all the locker rooms and luxury suites (or sweets like you called them, which I guess would also be true :-)) in that little amount of time, unless the whole thing is built out of metal like the IPF. Not that the IPF looks bad, but if we're spending $20 million, it better look a lot better with fancy brick and all. For $20 million, it better not be half-sssed.

Secondly, 15k IS a lot of seats. TAMU's stadium held aroun 8 and that was pretty big. That would mean that we'd be expanding out capacity almost 5x. Do the bigger baseball schools approach 15k? If its true, its something that we can grow into. :-)

Third, $20 million is A LOT of money. We got a few million from Cox and Moncla, and it was a huge deal, i don't see how none of this has really gotten out yet. Unless of course, its been kept real quiet on purpose. Also, hard to figure that all of this is getting done without anyone hearing of a bidding process or seeing any plans or anything of that nature.

lastly, if baseball is getting their due, which they totally deserve, then I hope they're able to recreate the environment that the tigue has now. Many of the current NCAA baseball stadiums are so uninviting, with large padded 20' walls behind the plate, and bleacher complexes down the sides, etc. the Tigue is great because, while there is a padded wall behind the plate, its short, and its a brick wall that goes from outfield wall to outfield wall. There are elevated bleachers above the dugouts, but there's also tons of room for the boxes along the side. Not to mention the overall atmosphere of the stadium on game-day with the kids playing in the grass outside. The field itself is very unique in that the fans are VERY close to the action, and its very intimate. This is one of the reasons why I think we have one of the best stadiums in baseball, because while it might be one of the older complexes, and might not be as big as some others, people come back for a lot more reasons than just the games. It's not just about going to the yard to watch the boys play, its about watching them play, and the intimacy, and the atmosphere, and all the rest. If/When the Tigue ever gets re-done, I hope that all of these things are taken into account. As hard as Tony's worked to make gameday at The Tigue what it is, I'm sure they will be

Again, i'm not saying that you're wrong, or anything like that, but I guess I'm like everyone else here that feels like I'll believe it when I see it.

nonetheless, seems like the type of announcement that could come at the Recruiting Bash???

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express View Post
    _ Way over the top may man. I think you are setting yourself for a huge disappointment. Think instead nice, very nice. And really what would we do with 15k seats? I have also heard from very reliable sources some great things that if they happen will be a vastly improved Tigue. _
    I would tend to agree. When I first read the post I thought it was a joke. I would love to see a new and improved Tigue. expanding capacity to 7,500 or so with some nice perks such as boxes for the big $$$ guys (do we have any of those?? Got to win the lottery man lol). a state of the art Press Box for BoP and the gang improve locker and offices. and then improving lighting and drainage.

Then we are set to go. Imagine just imagine. what Tony could do with these improvements.

As for that game. I will NEVER set foot over there unless there is a recipricle (sp??) agreement in place. As much as I have a man-crush on Tony, I really wished he had not caved and agreed to play them on THEIR terms. we dont need them

Yes I am sure there will be a lower and upper deck wrapping all the way from third base to first base. in place of all the bleachers and stadium that is there now Exactly what I heard was somewhere from 13-15 thousand. And you are right, it is huge. But if you look at stadiums around the country that is becoming the "norm" and schools everywhere have been updating there stadiums recently. Also, another reason for high seating capacity you can be sure that the NCAA will NEVER overlook UL as a regional host again. If they have the credentials in the future you can bet on it that there will be a regional here.

And hey "if you build it, they will come." lol Baseball regularly brings a big crowd to the games and when you add a state of the art facility in the mix you have your normal fans that come to every game and you will get new fans that want to check it all out then they see how the cajuns are slamming home runs with fireworks going off and the atmosphere that the tigue has and you can be sure they will come back.

Go Cajuns!

April 29th.
    hmm, I'll think about this when I sleep tonight

UL Baseball Re: Football Stadium Update / Baseball Stadium Update

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    _ I would tend to agree. When I first read the post I thought it was a joke. I would love to see a new and improved Tigue. expanding capacity to 7,500 or so with some nice perks such as boxes for the big $$$ guys (do we have any of those?? Got to win the lottery man lol). a state of the art Press Box for BoP and the gang improve locker and offices. and then improving lighting and drainage.

Then we are set to go. Imagine just imagine. what Tony could do with these improvements.

As for that game. I will NEVER set foot over there unless there is a recipricle (sp??) agreement in place. As much as I have a man-crush on Tony, I really wished he had not caved and agreed to play them on THEIR terms. we dont need them _
    On the game, I tend to agree, but we need the SOS, and learn to win in a hostile atmosphere. The _____cats had a great recruiting class and really were a lot closer to being good last year than their record reflects. Getting those things on a hour bus ride is not easy. If we could afford it, and had no return engagement then I would prefer a flight to Austin.

We will get a return, their basketball sucks, and their baseball stadium is empty. Protected Smoke is gone, and I am certain we will be getting better treatment in the future.

all this sounds incredible, but i can't help but feel pessimistic.they've kinda conditioned me for that. but who knows, maybe, just maybe we're turning a corner.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread Information