2009 will be "Sweet"

(can we revive that thread???)

Default Re: Football Stadium Update / Baseball Stadium Update

Quote Originally Posted by bradyson View Post
    2009 will be "Sweet"

(can we revive that thread???)
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

all the negativity has me worried I was excited for nothing.

Are there any confirmed renovations to either stadium?

UL Baseball Re: Football Stadium Update / Baseball Stadium Update

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ all the negativity has me worried I was excited for nothing.

Are there any confirmed renovations to either stadium? _

You are not excited for nothing, but for something. There will be a major announcement coming shortly and it will be exciting. The point is that some of the numbers and projects being posted are vastly overstated. It will be sweet, you can bet your bottle of Steen's Blue Ribbon Syrup on that.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ all the negativity has me worried I was excited for nothing.

Are there any confirmed renovations to either stadium? _
    I don't think that its all lies.but i think that there might have been some embellishments. I read yesterday that there was a single $20 million donation, a $10 Million donation, and a $5 million donation. I've read that massive changes will be made, some changes will be made, and that the whole thing will be torn down. I've read that the new stadium would hold 15k, 8k, or 5k.

all in all, I think its safe to say that something may be happening soon, and I think that such an announcement, according to all of the secrecy of what's going on at the recruiting bash, might happen at the Recruiting Bash.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express View Post
    You are not excited for nothing, but for something. There will be a major announcement coming shortly and it will be exciting. The point is that some of the numbers and projects being posted are vastly overstated. It will be sweet, you can bet your bottle of Steen's Blue Ribbon Syrup on that.
    Looks like a number of announcements coming over the next few months. Good news all the way around.

My wife's response to all this.so I guess your season ticket prices just went up! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    I don't think that its all lies.but i think that there might have been some embellishments. I read yesterday that there was a single $20 million donation, a $10 Million donation, and a $5 million donation. I've read that massive changes will be made, some changes will be made, and that the whole thing will be torn down. I've read that the new stadium would hold 15k, 8k, or 5k.

all in all, I think its safe to say that something may be happening soon, and I think that such an announcement, according to all of the secrecy of what's going on at the recruiting bash, might happen at the Recruiting Bash.
    Ok, I've read through all of this and I still can't help the feeling that I'm Charlie Brown

and someone's going to pull the #*@& ball away. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by bradyson View Post
    _ 2009 will be "Sweet"

(can we revive that thread???) _
    If most of this is true, I would bet this renovation/upgrade of The Tigue cannot be completed in eight months. Get real!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKahouna View Post
    If most of this is true, I would bet this renovation/upgrade of The Tigue cannot be completed in eight months. Get real!
    As long as Descant const.(go fighting tigers) isnt involved, maybe it can be done in 8 mths???

Z

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Football Stadium Update / Baseball Stadium Update

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    _ I've gotten some information from two different reliable sources at different times with the same info. I'm not sure about the football stadium. However, Baseball has plans to tear down the stadium after this season and build a two-story stadium with seating around 15 thousand. It will have luxury sweets and big press box. Two new locker rooms and weight training facility. Supposedly, they recieved some private donations up to 20 million to complete the project. But the brand new stadium will be ready for first pitch next season!! I can't wait for this. Baseball at the tigue will get a huge face lift and we will be among the nations elite in facilities.

Another thing, imagine what this will do for recruiting. big time recruits will already be impressed by UL baseball success in the past and now they will have five star facilities and field to play on. This will be huge for baseball, UL in general, and all of the long time fans that go out to the tigue every game rain or shine. I can't wait!

April 29th. UL vs. LSU. be there. _

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ I don't think that its all lies.but i think that there might have been some embellishments. I read yesterday that there was a single $20 million donation, a $10 Million donation, and a $5 million donation. I've read that massive changes will be made, some changes will be made, and that the whole thing will be torn down. I've read that the new stadium would hold 15k, 8k, or 5k.

all in all, I think its safe to say that something may be happening soon, and I think that such an announcement, according to all of the secrecy of what's going on at the recruiting bash, might happen at the Recruiting Bash. _

The renovation to the baseball stadium is close and should begin, after the season ends! The dollar amount is 4-5 million dollars and no more for the renovation project! There is a new field (turf) in the making possibly and the purchase would be combined with the new field turf for the football field renovation! Th renovation would include a total field revampng, press box, concessions, lights, sky box, stadium club and seating to be done all at one time!
    The strength and conditioning dept. has received full authority for the new equipment and floor which is being constructed at this time! The floor and new equipment should be in place by end of May! When this is done U L will be only one of two universities with this unique set up for trainging it's athletes with the new floor and equipment in place! In lieu of this package, there is still a plan for a 40 per cent expansion for the strength and conditioning facilities in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ As long as Descant const.(go fighting tigers) isnt involved, maybe it can be done in 8 mths???

Z _
    No CDSU contractors? Is there not a state law against that?

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    The renovation to the baseball stadium is close and should begin, after the season ends! The dollar amount is 4-5 million dollars and no more for the renovation project! There is a new field (turf) in the making possibly and the purchase would be combined with the new field turf for the football field renovation! Th renovation would include a total field revampng, press box, concessions, lights, sky box, stadium club and seating to be done all at one time!
    The strength and conditioning dept. has received full authority for the new equipment and floor which is being constructed at this time! The floor and new equipment should be in place by end of May! When this is done U L will be only one of two universities with this unique set up for trainging it's athletes with the new floor and equipment in place! In lieu of this package, there is still a plan for a 40 per cent expansion for the strength and conditioning facilities in the future.
    This sounds more legitimate. thanks ULvictory

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    _ I've gotten some information from two different reliable sources at different times with the same info. I'm not sure about the football stadium. However, Baseball has plans to tear down the stadium after this season and build a two-story stadium with seating around 15 thousand. It will have luxury sweets and big press box. Two new locker rooms and weight training facility. Supposedly, they recieved some private donations up to 20 million to complete the project. But the brand new stadium will be ready for first pitch next season!! I can't wait for this. Baseball at the tigue will get a huge face lift and we will be among the nations elite in facilities.

Another thing, imagine what this will do for recruiting. big time recruits will already be impressed by UL baseball success in the past and now they will have five star facilities and field to play on. This will be huge for baseball, UL in general, and all of the long time fans that go out to the tigue every game rain or shine. I can't wait!

April 29th. UL vs. LSU. be there. _
    No offense, but your sources are not reliable.

There will be no 15000 seat facility.

And, the amount of money to be spent has yet to be determined.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information