Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: FB/BB Stadium Projects

Track & Field Re: Football Stadium Update / Baseball Stadium Update

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    _ all this sounds incredible, but i can't help but feel pessimistic.they've kinda conditioned me for that. but who knows, maybe, just maybe we're turning a corner. _

In the immortal words of Jason Kidd. “We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.”

Default Re: Football Stadium Update / Baseball Stadium Update

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    Yes I am sure there will be a lower and upper deck wrapping all the way from third base to first base. in place of all the bleachers and stadium that is there now Exactly what I heard was somewhere from 13-15 thousand. And you are right, it is huge. But if you look at stadiums around the country that is becoming the "norm" and schools everywhere have been updating there stadiums recently. Also, another reason for high seating capacity you can be sure that the NCAA will NEVER overlook UL as a regional host again. If they have the credentials in the future you can bet on it that there will be a regional here.
    http://www.digitalballparks.com/NCAA.html

i looked a tad nebraska's built in 2001

this was a monumental undertaking by both the University of Nebraska and the Northern League. By the time the opening day tallies came in, the ballpark had cost nearly $30 million. Quite a tremendous price tag for a 4500 seat stadium.
    from the site mentioned above they say can get up to 8,500 into the place

ps. if anywhere near true, i'd be listening for the name of the pro team to be playing in it also

I really have to question the 15K also. The biggest new stadiums at the big rich schools are 4500 to 8500. I think LSU's new stadium will be only 8500. Yes this could draw fans to see the new facility and this years team and playoff anticipation should get us 3000+ per game. BUT, that is a long way from 15K. I would hate to see a crowd of 6000 look like a crowd of 6000 in the cajundome "Half full!" I would think that a 6K to 8K facility would be perfect! The Astros downsized and tickets were then at a premium. Why buy a season ticket when you know you can get as many as you want any time you want. Don't get me wrong, I'm siked about any new facility and especially the ones for which I have been a long time season ticket holder. See Ya'll at the games, no matter what the facility. TH

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    _ Got to win the lottery man lol).
    I don't know, if there are 15,000 people there, the 50/50 might be good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    I don't know, if there are 15,000 people there, the 50/50 might be good enough.
    i dont know if I like your perspective, or the fact that you're back on raginpagin better

All I know is I love the Tigue:

Attached Images Attached Images  

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I'm not buying the 15k seats, unless this includes a deal to bring in a minor league team (again). If not, and there is a big donation behind this, someone needs to figure out a better way to use this money. 7500 to 8500 seats in a real nice stadium would be a nice and big baseball stadium.

No of this is going to get me down even if it doesn't pan out. A super year with Cajun baseball is what I'm looking forward to. I wonder if baseball and softball can keep the bus running until football gets in gear and takes over driving the bus like it oughta?!?

UL Baseball Re: Football Stadium Update / Baseball Stadium Update

Forgive me for being skeptical (years of supporting the Cajuns tend to make a man skeptical), but I'll believe we're building an ENTIRELY new baseball complex when I see it. As bassakwards as things are run around there, this just seems too good to be true.

As for a capacity of 15K, well that's just absurd and I simply cannot believe anyone would consider that a good idea. A 15K stadium would be, off of the top of my head, the largest on-campus, college-only stadium in the country (I may be wrong on this, Dudy-Noble claims a capacity well over 10K and I could be overlooking something else - nevertheless, it would rank very near the top in the least). A stadium that big would be nearly impossible to fill and nearly impossible to fill halfway on a regular basis. IF a new stadium is built, the smart play is something in the neighborhood of 5K. That's big enough for postseason, but not a coach and atmosphere killer.

Again, this is likely academic, since I won't allow myself to buy that the school would make such a forward thinking move.

Free internet the Pheonix airport does wonders.

But I will try to hang around more regularly.

yeah, just like the football stadium renovations jive that was on here recently, i find all of this very hard to believe without NO word getting out about it. P.S. 15,000 IS TOO D*MN BIG! 5-7,000 would be awesome.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Football Stadium Update / Baseball Stadium Update

Whoever is putting up money for the renovations, I hope, demands that the architect puts in a security system just short of Fort Knox. I know there are at least two computers and some software in the free market.

Quote Originally Posted by Kernel View Post
    Forgive me for being skeptical (years of supporting the Cajuns tend to make a man skeptical), but I'll believe we're building an ENTIRELY new baseball complex when I see it. As bassakwards as things are run around there, this just seems too good to be true.

As for a capacity of 15K, well that's just absurd and I simply cannot believe anyone would consider that a good idea. A 15K stadium would be, off of the top of my head, the largest on-campus, college-only stadium in the country (I may be wrong on this, Dudy-Noble claims a capacity well over 10K and I could be overlooking something else - nevertheless, it would rank very near the top in the least). A stadium that big would be nearly impossible to fill and nearly impossible to fill halfway on a regular basis. IF a new stadium is built, the smart play is something in the neighborhood of 5K. That's big enough for postseason, but not a coach and atmosphere killer.

Again, this is likely academic, since I won't allow myself to buy that the school would make such a forward thinking move.
    Dudy-Noble seats around 7200 but capacity is around 15K with the outfield etc. They have had over 14K in attendance. IF we are even considering this type of stadium it would be one of those "lets go completely over the top" type situations. It's kind of funny but I think it might actually work if played out properly (note: not that I believe it at this point). This town is dying for something to latch onto sports wise. I mean we put over 10K in an arean to see ICE HOCKEY! If someone has latched onto the field of dreams concept I wouldn't necessarily be surprised to see it work. Wichita has proven this concept.

Baum stadium in Arkansas is another one that comes to mind. 10.5K total with 20 luxury boxes.

No doubt about it that 15K seating would get massive exposure and be a huge draw for recruits.

I'm not buying any of this right now but I do believe the concept could work but someone has to be willing to bet at least 20 mil on the adventure and I think that number is low.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    _ Dudy-Noble seats around 7200 but capacity is around 15K with the outfield etc. They have had over 14K in attendance. IF we are even considering this type of stadium it would be one of those "lets go completely over the top" type situations. It's kind of funny but I think it might actually work if played out properly (note: not that I believe it at this point). This town is dying for something to latch onto sports wise. I mean we put over 10K in an arean to see ICE HOCKEY! If someone has latched onto the field of dreams concept I wouldn't necessarily be surprised to see it work. Wichita has proven this concept.

Baum stadium in Arkansas is another one that comes to mind. 10.5K total with 20 luxury boxes.

No doubt about it that 15K seating would get massive exposure and be a huge draw for recruits.

I'm not buying any of this right now but I do believe the concept could work but someone has to be willing to bet at least 20 mil on the adventure and I think that number is low.

_
    I agree with whoever wrote that 15k half full would probably be worse than our situation in the Cajun Dome right now. 8k would be the most we'd need. I think the important thing to remember is that the team averages 2300 right now, and that is good enough for Top 30 in the nation. There isn't a market for that type of stadium anywhere in the nation, except for MAYBE a couple places. UNC and UK went over the top with 20k+ basketball arenas but they have the tradition to keep it full. We don't have the kind of baseball tradition to do something like that. One thing that might work is building it so that one day, if we needed it, we could easily add a second deck or something. But, there's no need to build something that seats 15k, when we won't get 10k for the biggest weekend series.

I talked before about the current atmosphere and intimacy we have at the Tigue. I think that such a large, mostly empty stadium, would really take away from that.

Someone might be able to find the pics from the recent expansion of southern miss' stadium. I think that might be the avenue the we'd need to go down. Spend our money on making it a top rate site, without wasting money on seats that'll never be used.

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    Someone might be able to find the pics from the recent expansion of southern miss' stadium. I think that might be the avenue the we'd need to go down. Spend our money on making it a top rate site, without wasting money on seats that'll never be used.
    Didn't South Alabama do a renovation a few years back too? Their stadium looks REAL nice if I recall. Wasn't that where the SBC Tourney was last year?

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    Didn't South Alabama do a renovation a few years back too? Their stadium looks REAL nice if I recall. Wasn't that where the SBC Tourney was last year?
    http://www.southalabama.edu/stankyfield.html

And Stanky only holds 4,500 fans.so why would we build a place that held up to 15K?

I could see and understand somewhere in the 7-10K range, but no more than that is needed.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information