Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread: FB/BB Stadium Projects

Default Re: Football Stadium Update / Baseball Stadium Update

I heard from a reliable source that reliable sources are not reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKahouna View Post
    Sounds pretty reliable to me!

Quote Originally Posted by redcajun View Post
    I heard from a very good source that February was going to be SWEET! I was asked not to reveal my source though.
    King Cake?

Quote Originally Posted by Kernel View Post
    _ Forgive me for being skeptical (years of supporting the Cajuns tend to make a man skeptical), but I'll believe we're building an ENTIRELY new baseball complex when I see it. As bassakwards as things are run around there, this just seems too good to be true.

As for a capacity of 15K, well that's just absurd and I simply cannot believe anyone would consider that a good idea. A 15K stadium would be, off of the top of my head, the largest on-campus, college-only stadium in the country (I may be wrong on this, Dudy-Noble claims a capacity well over 10K and I could be overlooking something else - nevertheless, it would rank very near the top in the least). A stadium that big would be nearly impossible to fill and nearly impossible to fill halfway on a regular basis. IF a new stadium is built, the smart play is something in the neighborhood of 5K. That's big enough for postseason, but not a coach and atmosphere killer.

Again, this is likely academic, since I won't allow myself to buy that the school would make such a forward thinking move. _
    Scott Farmer will be making an announcement of major planned improvements to be made at UL at the Recruiting Bash. Hopefully, this is one of them.

Default ps. ey, poop (smiles)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKahouna View Post
    can i rely on this?

Default Re: ps. ey, poop (smiles)

Quote Originally Posted by snote View Post
    can i rely on this?
    Only for its inherent unreliability.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Land Cajun View Post
    _ Scott Farmer will be making an announcement of major planned improvements to be made at UL at the Recruiting Bash. Hopefully, this is one of them. _
    What recruiting Bash?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    _ wait a second, aren't you speculating????? i thought you didn't do that? or you don't speculate on things YOU don't want to talk about? GEEZ! who ever heard of a sports talk show host that doesn't speculate on recruits?!?!? pompous _____! _

Pompous? I think its spelled POOmPOOs?

I guess something is brewing. It just isn't ready yet.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Football Stadium Update / Baseball Stadium Update

Quote Originally Posted by drumroll View Post
    _ No offense, but stating that someone's sources are not reliable just rubs me the wrong way. Especially when I did not see you even telling us there would be such a project. Maybe the seat count is in error, or confused with the plan for the football stadium, do you know? If so, speak up!

Additionally, the comment about money places you in the Frank Burns hall of fame. Of course the amount of money is TBD, it's always TBD, it's never not TBD, until the fat lady sings, and keys to the doors are handed over to the athletic dept. He did not say what they were spending, he estimated what had been donated towards such projects. _
    Excuse me , since when do we start stating facts before the announcements are made by the University. As for a 15,000 seat stadium, I agree, it doesn't seem logical and as for as the money, did it ever accure to you that he would be divulging information that is not ready to be released. Did it ever occur, that we all have BIG MOUTHS, and it was not suppose to get out. It has,so, lets get excited. I have spoken to some people who are reliable but let's get a lid on this until announcements are made. IT LOOKS GOOD and as one person has already said, " FEBRUARY LOOKS GOOD"
    GEAUX CAJUNS.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Football Stadium Update / Baseball Stadium Update

I heard from an un-reliable source that we are builing a dome over the football field!

SorryI had to!

Hows the Sign on Bertrand comming?

uhhhhhm o.k

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    I heard from an un-reliable source that we are building a dome over the football field!
    How unreliable is that source? Maybe it's true!

Quote Originally Posted by ULforlife View Post
    _ I also heard about the Basball stadium renovations, and it was from a reliable source. They will also be redoing the field, as it has drainage problems and slopes off in the back. In addition, this season when the Cajuns hit a home run, there will be fireworks! Nice!

As for the football stadium, I have only heard that they are going to start installing turf at the beginning of February. Someone said there will be a rebuilding of the pressbox in '09, but I haven't heard anything else. _
    I thought the drainage problem was fixed a couple of years ago, for a lot of money if I remember correctly. Or am I thinking of the track field?. anyway, a new stadium?I'll believe it when I see it hopefully it's true though.

Default Re: FB/BB Stadium Update

Signing day announcements!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread Information