Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: FB/BB Stadium Projects

Track & Field Re: Football Stadium Update / Baseball Stadium Update

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    _ No offense, but your sources are not reliable.

There will be no 15000 seat facility.

And, the amount of money to be spent has yet to be determined. _
    No offense, but stating that someone's sources are not reliable just rubs me the wrong way. Especially when I did not see you even telling us there would be such a project... Maybe the seat count is in error, or confused with the plan for the football stadium, do you know? If so, speak up!

Additionally, the comment about money places you in the Frank Burns hall of fame. Of course the amount of money is TBD, it's always TBD, it's never not TBD, until the fat lady sings, and keys to the doors are handed over to the athletic dept. He did not say what they were spending, he estimated what had been donated towards such projects.

Default Re: Football Stadium Update / Baseball Stadium Update

Quote Originally Posted by drumroll View Post
    _ No offense, but stating that someone's sources are not reliable just rubs me the wrong way. Especially when I did not see you even telling us there would be such a project... Maybe the seat count is in error, or confused with the plan for the football stadium, do you know? If so, speak up!

Additionally, the comment about money places you in the Frank Burns hall of fame. Of course the amount of money is TBD, it's always TBD, it's never not TBD, until the fat lady sings, and keys to the doors are handed over to the athletic dept. He did not say what they were spending, he estimated what had been donated towards such projects. _
    Sorry if I offended you, 'roll.

When someone posts here that they have something from "reliable sources", it gives fans carte blanche to accept the information as fact.

Fact is, when the announcement is made and it isn't even close to what's posted, fans will be disappointed.

As of right now, there is no $20m raised to improve the baseball facility. UL Victory's post is much more accurate.

ANd, you're right, I didn't post a bunch of facts here. I choose not to do that on a public internet message board.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

ANd, you're right, I didn't post a bunch of facts here. I choose not to do that on a public internet message board. _
    What about a private internet message board???? See you on Delphi in a few minutes????

If not, how about you give us a timetable as to when something like this would be announced, and/or why it hasn't been announced yet. Are these the types of things that may be referenced at the recruiting bash? Is that what they're waiting for?

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ What about a private internet message board???? See you on Delphi in a few minutes????

If not, how about you give us a timetable as to when something like this would be announced, and/or why it hasn't been announced yet. Are these the types of things that may be referenced at the recruiting bash? Is that what they're waiting for? _
    They are waiting for artist renderings to be completed and to find out exactly how much money they'll have to work with.

I don't know if they'll have all that in place by the time the recruiting bash happens. I think the baseball announcement would be late Feb. or early March. Could be earlier, tho.

I'm guessing Recruiting Bash will entail football related information. Kinda makes sense to me. Field Turf and/or Cajun Field renovations will be the special announcement I'm guessing. I'll be there to find out that's for sure!

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

_ They are waiting for artist renderings to be completed and to find out exactly how much money they'll have to work with.

I don't know if they'll have all that in place by the time the recruiting bash happens. I think the baseball announcement would be late Feb. or early March. Could be earlier, tho. _
    Thanks for the info.

I guess we are all so deprived w.r.t. to this Athletic Dept, that when we get a bit of a good rumor, we all start foaming at the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    _ The renovation to the baseball stadium is close and should begin, after the season ends! The dollar amount is 4-5 million dollars and no more for the renovation project! There is a new field (turf) in the making possibly and the purchase would be combined with the new field turf for the football field renovation! Th renovation would include a total field revampng, press box, concessions, lights, sky box, stadium club and seating to be done all at one time!
    The strength and conditioning dept. has received full authority for the new equipment and floor which is being constructed at this time! The floor and new equipment should be in place by end of May! When this is done U L will be only one of two universities with this unique set up for trainging it's athletes with the new floor and equipment in place! In lieu of this package, there is still a plan for a 40 per cent expansion for the strength and conditioning facilities in the future. _
    Is the possibility of field turf on the baseball field because of a maintenance issue, because of a sinking issue, or becasue they're trying to keep up with other programs who are installing it? Or maybe its a combination of the three, and an added benefit is that they can get a price break if they buy it at the same time as the football turf?

I can see it for football, though the traditionalist in me doesn't like it. But, I understand that it may be more of a necessity for us, with regards to drainage, upkeep, and the ability to host more events and practices. However, for baseball, it just doesn't seem right. What about all the grass stains and dirt stains and stuff? there's just something not right about a baseball field with dirt only around the bases, and no mowing lines in the outfield. More taditionalist coming out. Nonetheless, improvement is improvement, I suppose, and if it lands us one more top recruit, then its worth it.

Tony knows whats best for this program, and if he wants it, its alright with me.

Whatever the renovations/new construction are, whatever the dollar amount, it is all good news. Very exciting, and a great time to be a Ragin Cajun fan.

Track & Field Re: Football Stadium Update / Baseball Stadium Update

_ Sorry if I offended you, 'roll.

When someone posts here that they have something from "reliable sources", it gives fans carte blanche to accept the information as fact.

Fact is, when the announcement is made and it isn't even close to what's posted, fans will be disappointed.

As of right now, there is no $20m raised to improve the baseball facility. UL Victory's post is much more accurate.

ANd, you're right, I didn't post a bunch of facts here. I choose not to do that on a public internet message board. _
    No worries, we are all in the same army, and on the same mission so to speak.

When I shared what I knew about forward plans and projects, and so many people acted like I had just arrived from outerspace, I may have become a tad too sensitive to such comments. It was almost as if I had suggested that the athletic dept was secretly plotting to build a thremoplasmatic-ion-field-generator on campus, because it simply was not possible that they did not have all of the details themselves if any of this was true...

Looking forward to hearing what is announced at the Recruiting Bash!

I heard some great information today about Cajun Field improvements and it is not just adding field turf. I was asked not to say anything so I won't, but if this is true it would be something awesome. Great things are ahead and Gerald Hebert is doing a wonderful job.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    I heard some great information today about Cajun Field improvements and it is not just adding field turf. I was not asked to say anything so I won't but if this is true it would be something awesome. Great things are ahead and Gerald Hebert is doing a wonderful job.
    Well............ I understand you weren't asked to say anything. But were you asked NOT to say anything? If not please do tell.

and yes, Gerald Hebert is doing a wonderful job

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ Is the possibility of field turf on the baseball field because of a maintenance issue, because of a sinking issue, or becasue they're trying to keep up with other programs who are installing it? Or maybe its a combination of the three, and an added benefit is that they can get a price break if they buy it at the same time as the football turf?

I can see it for football, though the traditionalist in me doesn't like it. But, I understand that it may be more of a necessity for us, with regards to drainage, upkeep, and the ability to host more events and practices. However, for baseball, it just doesn't seem right. What about all the grass stains and dirt stains and stuff? there's just something not right about a baseball field with dirt only around the bases, and no mowing lines in the outfield. More taditionalist coming out. Nonetheless, improvement is improvement, I suppose, and if it lands us one more top recruit, then its worth it.

Tony knows whats best for this program, and if he wants it, its alright with me. _
    I could envision the infield being "regular grass", and the outfield in "turf".

_ No offense, but your sources are not reliable.

There will be no 15000 seat facility.

And, the amount of money to be spent has yet to be determined. _
    wait a second, aren't you speculating????? i thought you didn't do that? or you don't speculate on things YOU don't want to talk about? GEEZ! who ever heard of a sports talk show host that doesn't speculate on recruits?!?!? pompous _____!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    _ wait a second, aren't you speculating????? i thought you didn't do that? or you don't speculate on things YOU don't want to talk about? GEEZ! who ever heard of a sports talk show host that doesn't speculate on recruits?!?!? pompous _____! _
    Pooooooo YIE!!!

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

I heard from a very good source that February was going to be SWEET! I was asked not to reveal my source though.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information