Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12

Thread: FB/BB Stadium Projects

Default Re: FB/BB Stadium Projects

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Acadian sponsored one of the Gateways at the athletic complex and they are also a Louisiana Classic member. Reds is a backer also, seen in the annual filings.

ps They could do more, esp. Acadian
    Acadian also donates millions to LSWho so go figure.

UL Softball Re: FB/BB Stadium Projects

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    I think you're missing my overall point. Then again, I think you get it. I mentioned $100MM because it was just a number. I don't know how much it would cost to bowl the stadium, but the main point is that it won't be cheap, and there are a lot of other things that we could spend that money on instead of adding seats that won't be sat in. If you still want to talk about stadium expansion, then I'll meet you half way and we'll expand the Ath Dept building, up to the top of the South levee, which would include large amounts of coaches offices, meeting spaces, student academic center, a store with Cajun paraphenalia, and plenty of box seats and some luxury boxes.similar to what is being done at USM and OSU.

I sure hope you're right. I had heard from a lot of people that there were folks who refused to give money to Dr A. to them I say."He's gone now, so put your money where your mouth is, punks."

I don't disagree, but $100MM in 5-10 years is a lot of money. You're talking about raising $10-20MM per year, and I just don't see UL getting that sort of attention right now. I agree that it can be done, but I just don't know if I would start the clock right now. If UL could raise $100MM in the next 10 years, starting right now, after the last 10-15 years that this football team and this athletic department has had (which overall is good, but not spectacular), then I can't even imagine what the future would hold for potential donations.
    Both Texas and Texas A&M had tremendous fund raising drives in the '90s that were 7 year drives respectively. Both schools total endowment before the big push were around 250M, after the push they were over 1 Billion at each school. That is from private money. I know that both schools have larger alumni bases to pull from but 100M form our economic base and Houston/New Orleans alumni could easily generate 200M + within 5-10 years.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12

Thread Information