Thread: BOWLING

1. Default BOWLING

So if we go to NO--I am thinking we play Marshall, N TEX, Rice, or TULANE??? marshall playing ECU for the EAst Sice and looks like N TEX as the WEST---N TEX lost to Tulane and beat Ball STATE---Rice killed LTUR today!!!Any way why not another thread---Hey another win an added amount of interest!!!!

Default Re: BOWLING

I do not want to play North Texas

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    I do not want to play North Texas
    I agree. You always want to play a team you usually don't play> When was the last time we played Rice?

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    I agree. You always want to play a team you usually don't play> When was the last time we played Rice?
    I want to say we played Rice in 1982 or 1983. The game was in Houston.

We played them twice since then, I think. I know we played them in Lafayette since that first meeting. Pretty sure we played in Houston, also.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    We played them twice since then, I think. I know we played them in Lafayette since that first meeting. Pretty sure we played in Houston, also.
    played them in 1988-Lafayette, 1989-Houston.crushed them both times

Its interesting.

We talk about bowls and where people might go.

It's very possible the Sun Belt could have five bowl eligible teams and only two are guaranteed to get in bowls.

Right now, of the 70 slots available, 65 teams have qualified for bowls. It is likely at least eight more will qualify and it could be as many as a dozen. Mathematically its even more than that.

That means at least three teams get left out, and more likely five or six.

The Cajuns will get one of those bowl bids. After that, only one is safe and who knows who that is.

The SBC has four right now who are eligible. Troy will be the fifth if they beat Texas State at home. ULM would get to six with a win at South Alabama or Louisiana.

We all (myself included) have talked about what we DON'T want, whether it be venue or opponent.

This may be one of those years where we should be really grateful we are 8-2 and can sell tickets. Because we could see four in our league sitting home.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    Its interesting.

We talk about bowls and where people might go.

It's very possible the Sun Belt could have five bowl eligible teams and only two are guaranteed to get in bowls.

Right now, of the 70 slots available, 65 teams have qualified for bowls. It is likely at least eight more will qualify and it could be as many as a dozen. Mathematically its even more than that.

That means at least three teams get left out, and more likely five or six.

The Cajuns will get one of those bowl bids. After that, only one is safe and who knows who that is.

The SBC has four right now who are eligible. Troy will be the fifth if they beat Texas State at home. ULM would get to six with a win at South Alabama or Louisiana.

We all (myself included) have talked about what we DON'T want, whether it be venue or opponent.

This may be one of those years where we should be really grateful we are 8-2 and can sell tickets. Because we could see four in our league sitting home.
    Honestly, I don't think Troy beats TXST and I don't see ULM getting a win at cajunfield, and might lose to USA. Even with a win, a 6-6 ULM isn't going anywhere, heck a 7-5 ULM likely isn't going anywhere because of the lack of pretty much anything that bowl committees are looking for in competing teams. Little fanbase in a little market is a bad formula. I think the win last night hurt TXST's chances. I think if we're in NO, then the last spot falls down to TXST and stAte with stAte winning out because of proximity and fanbase, but TXST could throw a wrench in with their market.

Good, less of our bowl revenue to divide

I remember the game in 83 well, we went to the game in Houston on Saturday and then drove up to Dallas to watch the Saints play the Cowboys. If I remember correctly we lost both games by 1 points.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    Good, less of our bowl revenue to divide
    Assuming there is any bidding war for the Cajuns for Mobile or New Orleans .Sad thing is we don't take the payment in immediate cash, with the new arrangement that'll have to be shared with others in SBC. Screw the Hoax. Need to defer the payment to have the bowl leaders (not bowl) buy next year's season tickets instead. As deferred revenue for season tickets sold, it's 100% UL revenue to keep.

12. Default Re: BOWLING

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Assuming there is any bidding war for the Cajuns for Mobile or New Orleans .Sad thing is we don't take the payment in immediate cash, with the new arrangement that'll have to be shared with others in SBC. Screw the Hoax. Need to defer the payment to have the bowl leaders (not bowl) buy next year's season tickets instead. As deferred revenue for season tickets sold, it's 100% UL revenue to keep.
    ---Wow need to think about this going to chat now!!

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I remember the game in 83 well, we went to the game in Houston on Saturday and then drove up to Dallas to watch the Saints play the Cowboys. If I remember correctly we lost both games by 1 points.
    You remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    83? Dang, you're old!

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    83? Dang, you're old!
    Yep and I am feeling it today. Stay safe!

Thread Information