Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst . 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 . LastLast

Thread: 2013 FB Final: Louisiana 35, Georgia State 21

Default Re: Final Louisiana (35) vs Georgia State (21)

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    My dissections know no time limits. as does your obviousness.
    This thread could use more matter of fact.less armchair. Any thread could use more thong references though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbuf View Post
    They can't be happy with the win.seems since our success everyone has become a coach.
    They just need something to do.

3. Default Re: Final Louisiana (35) vs Georgia State (21)

They can't be happy with the win.seems since our success everyone has become a coach.
    It's why we watch the game.

If happy with the win was the only goal, just tell me the final score.

Love if the game dictates you analyze a win and a loss.

jmo

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    I like that quote "8 men lost in space" defense. I did also notice, in the second half, for a few snaps, we did play with a 4 man rush, and it looked effective. The QB was throwing incompletes, perhaps rushing his throws a bit instead of having all day.
    You are correct. We did go to a 4 man rush and it was helpful. I'm not proposing we go to a 5 man rush on every play. I'm also not saying we don't need a lot of extra help in our secondary to prevent giving up the big play. I don't like seeing 3 down lineman with 8 guys back pedaling from the snap. We don't make anyone even guess what defense we're running anymore. And I've isolated on our 8 guys in space many a home game. It isn't a genius display of defensive choreography. 50% are swimming in circles with aimless intentions. That isn't effective use of mankind. It all comes together in the red zone. By design or by limits of space, we play assignment football. And that is where we choose to defend and succeed game after game, on defense. It baffles me.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

jmo
    I just want the Cajuns to win.I don't care how we do it.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Hold on Big! I was a superior coach when we were losing too. That hasn't changed. Just like this "smart defense". don't mess with the formula. and that includes us superior coaches beeyotching our way to another bowl!

I think we have reason to be concerned about our defense but in the end we find a way to win. Also we are the top dog right now. Every team will bring their "A" game playing us. We use to lose games like these. Now we are winning them.

jmo
    I understand the need for an analysis.but by most analysis is coming from the stands.

Here is an example.QB club question."Coach.Broadway looks like he is having trouble reading the defensive schemes and he is having trouble going through his progressions." coach responds "wellthe pass (don't remember the the exact play) was actually his third receiver. Then goes into an very detail explanation, that if if was the guy, I would have tried to slip out of the place. Coach in no way put him down. It was painfully obvious that he did not have a clue to what he was saying.

So unless the NCAA allows us commoners on head set it is hard for me to believe that most of us have an idea of what we are talking about.

But I guess we can all dream. Dream of bigger and better teams, crowd, and bowls.

Great time to be a Cajun!!!

9. Default Re: Final Louisiana (35) vs Georgia State (21)

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    I just want the Cajuns to win.I don't care how we do it.
    I have an old friend who asks me on Fridays (most years) who UL is playing, some Mondays he asks me the score.

After hearing of the win he seems genuinely excited, as excited anyone I know. He couldn't care less how it happened as long as it was a win.

So I understand to a degree.

I have an old friend who asks me on Fridays (most years) who UL is playing, some Mondays he asks me the score.

After hearing of the win he seems genuinely excited, as excited anyone I know. He couldn't care less how it happened as long as it was a win.

So I understand to a degree.
    Yet that type of "fan", while not armchair coaching as we have been branded, also is not going to the games or supporting the program.

guess those are the fans we have to work on!!!!!!

I understand the need for an analysis.but by most. analysis is coming from the stands.
    You stated perhaps the greatest opening line to the true fan anthem right there, Bigbuf. I'm not sure it was intentional, but that sentence is worth framing.

13. Default Re: Final Louisiana (35) vs Georgia State (21)

We have beaten 2 of the worst teams in the country by an average of 2 TDs (14 points) a game---Both of these games were much closer than the score indicated---Then there was Troy and like I said a QB check off from getting beat!!!! Am I the happiest camper around with this --bet your @$$---but I feel like we are just getting by with closer margins of victory and I realize that part of that is being top dog and getting everybody"s best shot----What I am hopping for is that we haven't leafed through the entire playbook yet on the defensive or offensive side---Did you guys like the speed sweep pass----Heard the rumor that they did it this way to pad B-Way's passing stats and not let EMcG's rushing yardage too far surpass Zo's---Come on one crazy had to think that right???? lol When you got enough good players to think this you are blessed with some talent even when joking!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Yet that type of "fan", while not armchair coaching as we have been branded, also is not going to the games or supporting the program.
    At the end of the day.A W is a W and an L is an L. We can debate it ad naseum for pages and pages.won't change the score.or the way the coaches call the game. I say we spend time on the name deal than breaking down how an 0-9 team with nothing to lose gave us all we could handle on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    You stated perhaps the greatest opening line to the true fan anthem right there, Bigbuf. I'm not sure it was intentional, but that sentence is worth framing.
    So.a fanthem.

Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst . 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 . LastLast

Thread Information