Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst . 26 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Thread: 2013 FB Final: Louisiana 35, Georgia State 21

Quote Originally Posted by uslol'dog View Post
    If Elijah McGuire doesn't fumble on the ten it's the same thread.
    This

Default Re: Final FB: Louisiana (35) vs Georgia State (21)

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    This
    THIS.was a forced turnover. The defender made a good play and put his helmet on the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    I am looking at the whole game. I am thinking about GSU's backup QB leading an 85 yard drive and then fumbling on the 5 yard like with no one around him.

If they get a TD there this is a very different thread.
    So are you looking at the whole game? Or one 85 yard drive? This defense held the best offense in the league for 7 and goal plays to win the game when they were totally out of gas. This defense pretty much kept us alive in the wku game by themselves. This defense held asu to 168 total yards. My how soon some forget.

I'm glad that you are here to point out that the Cajun Defense played well against Western Kentucky and ASU.

That is the WHOLE reason that makes me question what has changed since then.

5. UL Football Re: Final FB: Louisiana (35) vs Georgia State (21)

Better passing attacks.

6. Default Re: Final FB: Louisiana (35) vs Georgia State (21)

I agree Turbine. Great points are being broight up from both sides if the discussion.

Its just a shame that some on here think that fans should not discuss concerns about their team's performance on an internet fan forum.

If those fans would be the majority RaginPagin would not have nearly as much traffic.
    I'm with you, football games are made to be dissected.

Win or lose

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Better passing attacks.
    NMSt and Georgia State have a better passing attack then Arkansas state? Ok, I didn't know that.

8. UL Football Re: Final FB: Louisiana (35) vs Georgia State (21)

I was thinking of Troy. ASU coach figured out that the Red Wolves needed to release the quarterback after he used him in a more traditional manner against us instead of the speed option they have been used to running with other coaches.

You need to pay attention to the GaSt qb, he is excellent on the run, not so much in the pocket which makes sense due to his size.

I'm glad that you are here to point out that the Cajun Defense played well against Western Kentucky and ASU.

That is the WHOLE reason that makes me question what has changed since then.
    Pick 6's.bad snaps on punts, fumble on our side of the field, lack of rest, better passing teams, playing vanilla before you biggest game and in state rival. Hud's mentality is to keep everything in front of you. Qb throws, he catches you tackle him, make him do it again and again, don't give up the big play. You never know if you keep making them do that, they might make a mistake like fumble at 5 yard line? Or throw a pick 6 for 99 yards? Or a sack and fumble. If you get beat deep.it's TD, you never present the opportunity for any of those things to happen. Pretty much the only way GSU beats us, is if we give up the big play.

10. UL Football Re: Final FB: Louisiana (35) vs Georgia State (21)

Pick 6's.bad snaps on punts, fumble on our side of the field, lack of rest, better passing teams, playing vanilla before you biggest game and in state rival. Hud's mentality is to keep everything in front of you. Qb throws, he catches you tackle him, make him do it again and again, don't give up the big play. You never know if you keep making them do that, they might make a mistake like fumble at 5 yard line? Or throw a pick 6 for 99 yards? Or a sack and fumble. If you get beat deep.it's TD, you never present the opportunity for any of those things to happen. Pretty much the only way GSU beats us, is if we give up the big play.
    Goes back to old school. Charlie Mack used to talk about this all the time. Get a team to eleven plays and there will probably be a failure to score. In other words make them earn each yard, over and over. Penalties, fumbles, missed assignments will catch up most of the times.

Most games are not won, but lost. Hud does an amazing job of not losing games.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Goes back to old school. Charlie Mack used to talk about this all the time. Get a team to eleven plays and there will probably be a failure to score. In other words make them earn each yard, over and over. Penalties, fumbles, missed assignments will catch up most of the times.

Most games are not won, but lost. Hud does an amazing job of not losing games.
    Especially at our level.teams will beat themselves if you give them the chance more often than not.You would think we were 2-8 and this philosophy had been proven not to work.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Personally I have no problem criticizing, I just think some don't have all their facts straight. If you take away some self inflicted td's over the past couple weeks the defense has been pretty good. I think people often just look at the score and think oh they have up 28 to gsu, defense must have sucked. Turnovers are part of the game but if your offense constantly puts a defense in a bad position, those will turn into points no matter how good your defense is. We are not a shut down defense. We are opportunistic. Avoid big plays, keep them in front and take advantage of an opportunity when it occurs. I don't think the coaches would ever come out and say, our cb's aren't the greatest cover corners in the world so we need to protect them a little. They protect them through scheme. I'm sure they play press in practice, maybe we get burned deep every time we do.
    I understand that it comes down to what coaches know that isn't that obvious to me. I'm just baffled by it. I'm shocked that against SBC competition, our secondary is that incapable at this point. My bigger issue, besides the prevent, dropping way back off the line, is the lack of disguise at the snap. Most of the time now, we seem to accept our LBs and safties not showing any threat of a rush. To add to that, all of the 8 guys lost in space are not in deep threat coverage. but yet they can't cover the middle. and they are leaving some guys wide open. streaking for YACs. The simple description of the scheme is that we are trying to avoid the big play. I get that. But, you can create that coverage defense without what I've been watching. Many teams make an offense struggle, even when they drop back into zone coverage to prevent giving up the big play.

I'm happy that most of our opponents break down in the red zone. once we play press. And I'm happy we have a great scoring offense that includes gobbling up time of possession. I'm worried about ULM, USA and our bowl opponent. I don't think those programs will be as inept once you give them the free pass into the red zone. So, I'm concerned about our defense. You cannot easily switch into assignment football once you've allowed 8 guys to play sand lot zone football for 6 straight weeks.

Geaux Cajuns!!! We're 8-2 and 5-0 in the SBC!!! Let's go get that title!!! Let's go get that bowl ring!!!

We are 3rd in scoring defense and 4th in total defense. We also scored 48 on the sunbelt's "best" defense.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Final Louisiana (35) vs Georgia State (21)

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Well, I've finished the victory cigar and two classes of port from Castello di Amorosa so all is well.

I sure was hoping to see our team come out and make a definitive statement. Don't think we saw that today. We got the win but it sure wasn't pretty. Hope we make that statement against the Hoax.

As for Hill, Benson over ruled the suspension on the Troy player for our game. He should do the same for Hill. That call looked questionable, IMO. don't worry, I'll put in a call to my good buddy Karl.
    yum.

15. Default Re: Final FB: Louisiana (35) vs Georgia State (21)

THIS.was a forced turnover. The defender made a good play and put his helmet on the ball.
    ---Point --counter point----Counter point the winner of argument!!!

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst . 26 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Thread Information